mickdude2
Z
Croky1
5teelPhoenix
brickhunter1
16 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Hunger Games thing internal to Oasis - Page 3 Empty Re: Hunger Games thing internal to Oasis

Post by brickhunter1 7/30/2012, 2:15 pm

Right I have made some decisions
1. Hunger Games arena will be a island in the air
2. If we are able to get adventure mode for the island, it will be in adventure mode. If not, you may only break leaves, vines, grass, and mushrooms.
3. Anyone with the ability to fly invisibly may follow a chosen player and give them a total of 5 items per game, with 1 sponsor per contestant.
4. There will be a total of 20 contestants per game
5. The games will take place every month at the beginning of the month, probably Sunday (to not interfere with WS, GH, and promos).
6. The prize is too be determined, I am not super rich so I might need some help with that.
7. A name still hasn't been decided on, please post your suggestion in the comments.
Any questions? Applications will be up soon for 3 categories- Terraformer, Player, and Redstone player-holding cell maker.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Hunger Games thing internal to Oasis - Page 3 Empty Re: Hunger Games thing internal to Oasis

Post by mickdude2 7/30/2012, 2:53 pm

brickhunter1 wrote:Right I have made some decisions
1. Hunger Games arena will be a island in the air
2. If we are able to get adventure mode for the island, it will be in adventure mode. If not, you may only break leaves, vines, grass, and mushrooms.
3. Anyone with the ability to fly invisibly may follow a chosen player and give them a total of 5 items per game, with 1 sponsor per contestant.
4. There will be a total of 20 contestants per game
5. The games will take place every month at the beginning of the month, probably Sunday (to not interfere with WS, GH, and promos).
6. The prize is too be determined, I am not super rich so I might need some help with that.
7. A name still hasn't been decided on, please post your suggestion in the comments.
Any questions? Applications will be up soon for 3 categories- Terraformer, Player, and Redstone player-holding cell maker.

1: Good idea. A floating island will keep people out and the contestants in.
2: Another good idea. Makes the players go through traps instead of around them.
3: If we have 20 players, there won't be enough staff for all of them. What about maybe four or five staff that can take items from sponsors to the players?
4: That may be a little much. The island has to be big enough to let all those players spread out and hide, so it's not one big slaughterfest. Maybe 10 players?
5: I agree. There's a lot of stuff going on on Saturday.
6: How about having the players put up a 10 coin fee, and the winner wins all the money. Or you could do a 5 coin fee and buy them a diamond or something.
7:I wouldn't do SkyblocksSurvival, because then the initials are SS(a nazi secret services). Why not just keep it Hunger Games?
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgonk 7/30/2012, 3:44 pm

I agree with Mick on making the contestant number a bit lower like 10 to avoid a slaughterfest as Mick says. The idea of staff relaying the items to the contestants is also a good idea so people can sponsor even with out invisibility and flight. This sounds like it's coming along well and I am anxious to see it in action in the future.

In addition, if this game overgrows a ten contestant popularity than a lottery pick should be used to decide the order, not first come first serve. You could take a pool of applicants and draw names from 1-10 plus a waiting list consisting of everyone else from 11 on in case somebody cannot show up.
lordgonk
lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/30/2012, 4:38 pm

Great suggestions guys- I really wasn't sure how many people would play so I picked a random number. 10 is perfectly fine with me. The idea that willing staff relay items from sponsors to contestants is a fabulous idea, I completely agree with that. About the name- the reason I don't want it Hunger Games is because it is not completely Hunger Games, it is a floating island where people battle. And yes, I think Skyblock survival is not the greatest name, I simply was trying to generate names. AJ suggested Skyport survival, while Reynolds had a whole bunch of ideas spilling out like God's Game, Game of Hunger, Penis, things like that. I even came up with S.K.Y Survival (sorry for killing you) which was random, but ya know. Thank you guys for your comments, I really do appreciate it.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Hunger Games thing internal to Oasis - Page 3 Empty If we ever had to name it

Post by Okagemi 7/30/2012, 6:39 pm

If we ever had to name it, I would call it "Devil's Slaughterhouse"
Okagemi
Okagemi
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/30/2012, 7:07 pm

Ok, so I have heard many name suggestions, and I felt like naming a couple too see what you guys think.
1. The Devil's Slaughterhouse (gruesome!)
2. Super Happy Floating Island of Fun (from Super Happy Awesome Box of Fun on a vechs map)
3. SkyPort Survival (I don't know what skyport is, but ok)
4. Zwall named some things with redemption I believe (I sort of forget what)
5. God's Game (heavenly!)
I really want a cool, original name so any ideas please step right up.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Adirem 7/30/2012, 7:47 pm

Ok, so. This whole idea got stuck in my head and i have gone ahead to get an idea running. I have downloaded a city map and i started modifying it with some TNT and vines. TNT. of course to blow up sides of buildings and covering the whole thing with vines.

Well. I have to be honest, the whole idea came from the Yogscast series of this type of an event. There are a lot of places to hide chests and nice places to sneak up on your enemies.

Say we continue this path, we will have to remove all the lighting, all the chests, crafting tables, all the stoves etc. It is not a job that i would like to do on my own tbh.

Say if we go with the whole floating island theme, we will have to remove all the larger skyscrapers (Those are a hell to blow up properly tbh).

The spawn needs to be built as well. Haven't seen a building on this map that i could use for that reason.

Well, here is the screenshot, to give you guys an idea. Let me know what you think, and if it is good enough to continue this path, or to do something else.

Hunger Games thing internal to Oasis - Page 3 2012-060
Adirem
Adirem
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/30/2012, 8:03 pm

That is even cooler than I thought! If we could get some of those builds on the island for a couple rounds, that would be awesome. About the spawn- I was thinking, in order to not have people study the landscape before they play, the warp could be inside the island. Then, the contestants enter a large circular room with 10 piston elevators up to the surface. At the surface, there are the typical player holders that you see on many hunger games maps. But I really love the old feel of the buildings, kind of like I am Legend
where the guy runs around derelict buildings avoiding zombies. Loving it man!
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Adirem 7/30/2012, 8:29 pm

That is great!

well, here is the download link as promised. Export the .rar file to your Save folder inside the .minecraft folder and you can play it in Single Player Creative mode.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5qzrmjocnqk87a5

let me know if you find more buildings that you would like to have included to the HU game, so that I can start working on them with TNT ;)
Adirem
Adirem
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/31/2012, 2:18 am

Ok I think I have figured out how to get people into adventure mode so they can't break blocks. Super simple- we don't have an adventure mode area like a pvp area, we get an admin or somebody to change the players gamemode to adventure for as long as they are a player in that round. Can't admins change people's gamemodes?
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/31/2012, 12:43 pm

BMX has suggested a classic name: King of the Hill. Do you guys agree with that name? I think it's a great idea. AJ327 says Battle of Survivors. That's good too. I don't know what to do! Remember to apply for a job for the survival games under "Minigames" topic.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 7/31/2012, 2:19 pm

Hunger Games thing internal to Oasis - Page 3 Hank-Hill-king-of-the-hill-10924090-720-480
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ327 7/31/2012, 2:45 pm

Yeah, Battle of Suvivors is a really good one. Choose it! Lol
AJ327
AJ327
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce 7/31/2012, 4:06 pm

I vote for King of the Hill, sounds fun and challenging with that name.
ExtraSauce
ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/31/2012, 4:35 pm

Back to where we started...not agreeing on a name :/ I personally don't care, because it's for you guys, not me.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Adirem 7/31/2012, 5:31 pm

New update on the map, delete the previous version if you still have it on your map.

in the process of:
- Removing glowstone
- Removing all the chests, furnaces, torches, (some) water
- Placing vines
- Replacing / modifying buildings

V.2 here

WE makes this a lot easier ;)
Adirem
Adirem
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/31/2012, 5:48 pm

Adirem I MUST have you on the map designer team! You are amazing at making it look old and ruined! I figured out a super simple way to get rid of the glowstone and it will work for most except the streetlamps. Basically you get a diamond tool and to //brush sphere 2 6. That will give you a large grass ball. But then, do //mask 89. That will replace any glowstone that is within brush range with dirt. But for the streetlamps, it won't look good, it only works with the glowstone under the windows. But it looks amazing!
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Adirem 7/31/2012, 5:51 pm

i am replacing the glowstone with the redstone lights ;)
select a building and do //replace 89 123

but thanx mate, i love doing these things. glad you like it :)
Adirem
Adirem
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/31/2012, 6:14 pm

Well, shows who's actually better in WE :/
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/31/2012, 10:51 pm

I've been thinking. Just to get things up and moving a bit, I was wondering if you guys think it is a good idea for me to simply create the island in creative single player and have the staff WE it into the map in a pvp zone. I can figure out the redstone via youtube and I have single player commands to copy and paste, so it shouldn't be too hard. There will still be plenty of stuff to do, and I can even combine the redstoners app with map designers app to keep it even more simple. I could aim to have it done in a week and a half or more. Again, there will still be pleeeeenty of things to do on a regular basis, but I was thinking I could just jump start the whole thing, so to speak. If any of you disagree and want the island made on the server, just say something.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 8/1/2012, 10:26 am

Figure I'd bump this ^ seeing as how I posted at like 11 pm.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Adirem 8/1/2012, 10:38 am

V.3

Added a few new buildings and some secret tunnels ;)

click here
Adirem
Adirem
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 8/1/2012, 11:08 am

I would NOT like to be in that city alone and in the dark! It looks amazing, I found some sort of town hall thing that looked fabulous. It's perfect for a zombie-infested scene if anyone needs to shoot a film :) But what do you think about my idea of creating the island in singleplayer and having the staff WE it in? I posted about that a couple posts up. But amazing job man!
EDIT: I've decided to go ahead and start the island, so look for pictures soon!
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 8/1/2012, 6:21 pm

Almost done with the interior of the island, here's a screenshot:
Hunger Games thing internal to Oasis - Page 3 20120801182217

If you can't tell I stole some ideas from Grief House :P
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgonk 8/1/2012, 6:44 pm

Very nice, I'm almost tempted to check out the map but that wouldn't be fair if I decide to compete which I will. i wanted to help make this at first but it seems like too much fun to compete in it.
lordgonk
lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next