mickdude2
Z
Croky1
5teelPhoenix
brickhunter1
16 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Hunger Games thing internal to Oasis - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games thing internal to Oasis

Post by brickhunter1 7/25/2012, 2:11 pm

There is an idea floating around on the WS 1.3 PvP? thread that Wave Survival and Hunger Games could be sort of merged, where you have to battle monsters but at the same time, watch your back for players backstabbing you. You can form alliances or go loner. I am open to both ideas, anyone have any thoughts?

EDIT: Revilo (WS owner person) is making a decision on WS PvP (which I still don't see how that is different from a WS and HG merge, but whatever) and I think he will go with the idea. If he doesn't, obviously we will just continue with the original HG idea.

EDIT AGAIN: Revilo has voted down WS pvp, so I think we are free to continue with the Hunger Games idea. Staff, do you have anything to say? May we proceed with Oasis Hunger Games???
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Hunger Games thing internal to Oasis - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games thing internal to Oasis

Post by brickhunter1 7/26/2012, 1:44 pm

Bump ^ I edited
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/28/2012, 1:16 am

Seriously, is there anyone who wants to do this? Please comment something. I asked about Hunger Games in-game today and Kevo said it is a go, so tomorrow I will hopefully get applications for various things up and running. Can we please get our own page though like WS and GH have? It will make it easier since it will be such a big project. But, it will require many people and so far not many people have really agreed to help, so...
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by totalminer_nate 7/28/2012, 8:18 am

I still love the idea. I am on vacation right now but when i return i would like to hlep
totalminer_nate
totalminer_nate
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/28/2012, 10:10 am

The problem is, you are like the only one who has agreed to help. We won't start the building till 1.3, but so far not many people have pledged to help.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by totalminer_nate 7/28/2012, 10:58 am

We could yse like variedes map and have a few people modify them
totalminer_nate
totalminer_nate
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by totalminer_nate 7/28/2012, 10:59 am

Like add new chests and building
totalminer_nate
totalminer_nate
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/28/2012, 11:50 am

Once Hunger Games has our own page, I was thinking of setting up different applications for various parts of the project. For example- Application for arena builder, App. for terrain designer, App. for redstone player holders, App. for HG players, etc. I think this way more people can participate and it will feel more original.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 7/28/2012, 1:33 pm

I made a topic about pages. I guess we'll decide whether or not it's a major minigame. Sorry I can't do this sooner, I've got a lot of things to do :S
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/28/2012, 2:08 pm

Kevo235 wrote:I made a topic about pages. I guess we'll decide whether or not it's a major minigame. Sorry I can't do this sooner, I've got a lot of things to do :S
It's ok Kevo, I just wanted to get Hunger Games sorted out sooner than later-If you want my opinion, it's a major minigame just from the amount of people that will be needed to help it work, but ya know, it's not my decision.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgonk 7/28/2012, 7:41 pm

I would love to help, although Saturdays are typically not great days for me so I may not have time to be present for a Saturday event. I could help the pre-game set-ups still though, if it is decided to be on a Saturday.
lordgonk
lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/28/2012, 7:54 pm

Before we have the game setup we need to build the arena though. When kevo finds time to make a hunger games page (it's ok, no rush) we will start recruiting peeps.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Adirem 7/29/2012, 8:19 am

ok, so if i understand correctly, you want do build something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9ZbN8hGFBw&feature=relmfu

If so, i am definitely in! this is extremely cool
Adirem
Adirem
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/29/2012, 9:53 am

Adirem wrote:ok, so if i understand correctly, you want do build something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9ZbN8hGFBw&feature=relmfu

If so, i am definitely in! this is extremely cool
Oh yeah man! This is why I feel like the hunger games is for everyone- redstoners to wire a holding room that has chutes up to ground level holding cells(that's what I think would be the best way to do it) then architects to design the arena, landscapers to do the landscaping, and players! Yes, it will be awesome.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 7/29/2012, 11:13 am

brickhunter1 wrote:Before we have the game setup we need to build the arena though. When kevo finds time to make a hunger games page (it's ok, no rush) we will start recruiting peeps.

Meh, I meant it like this. You can't just start out a major minigame. You need to earn that spot through hard work and determination. If enough people find this good, and enough people play it/ apply for it/ talk about it, I'll consider it major and make its own page. It's not about time, just how well the minigame goes.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by BroadStreetBully 7/29/2012, 2:10 pm

Kevo235 wrote:
brickhunter1 wrote:Before we have the game setup we need to build the arena though. When kevo finds time to make a hunger games page (it's ok, no rush) we will start recruiting peeps.

Meh, I meant it like this. You can't just start out a major minigame. You need to earn that spot through hard work and determination. If enough people find this good, and enough people play it/ apply for it/ talk about it, I'll consider it major and make its own page. It's not about time, just how well the minigame goes.

Kevo speaks wise words.

BroadStreetBully
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/29/2012, 3:33 pm

BroadStreetBully wrote:
Kevo235 wrote:

Kevo speaks wise words.
So I should go ahead and make application pages, then spread the word and hope it gains popularity?
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/30/2012, 2:17 am

I've been watching some minecraft HG videos on YouTube, and I decided there were a couple questions that I would like you guys to answer:
Should we make up a new name like Survival Games instead of hunger games?
Should the players be allowed to place or remove blocks?
If they cannot remove blocks, we should have hidden chests.
Should we have invisible people that follow their chosen player and give them gifts like in the book?
I still would like staff to tell me if I should go ahead and make app. pages or wait a bit. Please comment something if you are new to the idea saying you would like to help in some way with this project.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ327 7/30/2012, 2:29 am

Nathan, I would love to help! MSG me back soon so we can sort this out!
Thanks!
AJ327
AJ327
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Adirem 7/30/2012, 5:59 am

Should we make up a new name like Survival Games instead of hunger games?
Yes, something like Oasis Royale (From Battle Royale, the name of the original version)

Should the players be allowed to place or remove blocks?
Players should not be allowed to remove blocks besides leaves, vines and mushrooms.

Should we have invisible people that follow their chosen player and give them gifts like in the book?
oh this would be fun to play, so why not? but the invisible player should only be able to give some items once or twice.

Adirem
Adirem
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by totalminer_nate 7/30/2012, 9:12 am

I think we nshpuld
Have sponors. And we shouldnt allow them to break blocks
Except maybe leaves. Those are jut my hougts from playing on survival gMes. When u can brake blocks people just burrow i nto the ground and hide.
totalminer_nate
totalminer_nate
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Adirem 7/30/2012, 9:19 am

Any chance that we could get an Adventure PVP area? is that even possible with the new update? this way we could be sure that no one would break anything. I was also thinking, we could also import old buildings we have made over the years and that have been saved, to save us a lot of time building them so we could focus more on the design and layout of the arena. I would even go as far to say to import a city build we all like from one of those MC sites, modify it to our needs and start from there.

what do you think? (I want to know from Brick what he thinks as it is his post)

Adirem
Adirem
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/30/2012, 10:39 am

I think it depends on what direction you guys want this to travel. We can go Battle Royale style from Hermitcraft where you can burrow and break blocks, or regular style where you can only break leaves, mushrooms and stuff. Personally, you can have more fun with Adventure mode style since you can design traps whereas in Battle Royale you can simply dig around the traps. And yes, I think importing buildings is a great idea, Adirem. We can put in favorite builds from the past, then have people rig them with traps and hidden chests. And yes, I think sponsors would be hilarious but a limitation must be put on how many things a sponsor can give, spawn, etc. I think today I will just go ahead and make the application pages and hopefully not get banned because they might spam the latest topics section :/ Thank you guys for your input. About a name change- I will think about one. If you guys think of a good name please say it.
EDIT: I also had a question about the arena. What should it be? It will have to be big, so probably nothing fancy. But I had an idea- We could go out into the middle of the ocean and simply build the Hunger Games island and tell people not to go off the island. How does that sound?
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgonk 7/30/2012, 11:29 am

I like the hunger games island idea but make it floating so people cannot get on or off the island. Random people might find this giant island and inhabit it mistakenly. Then we destroy their house and they get pissed and go all annoying (already implied by the following word) 12 year old rage on us. I think contestants also should be able to destroy dirt and gravel, don't know why they would but it's realistic.
lordgonk
lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/30/2012, 11:34 am

It would really, really stink to fall off the island but I guess it keeps people from getting on. It would also give more freedom to arena designers (but it would help if have fly powers) since water is not constraining them, but I was planning on having the warp be in the center underground and have the contestants go to the surface through tubes so they can't explore the island while they are getting to their place. About breaking sand and gravel- it really depends on how much control of the island we want the players to have.
EDIT: If we do it in the air, we could name it something like skyblock survival
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next