Croky1
5teelPhoenix
brickhunter1
16 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Hunger Games thing internal to Oasis Empty Hunger Games thing internal to Oasis

Post by brickhunter1 7/20/2012, 3:03 pm

Ok, so I know there is going to be a pvp area in the next map, and I know there have been lots of people that have ideas for it. I was thinking that instead of joining a specific server to play the Minecraft hunger games, we could just have one internal to Oasis. Basically there are 16 players, at the start they are given a piece of colored wool, a sword, and a bow with some arrows or something. The goal is to collect all the wool off of other players and turn all the wool in at the end for a prize or something. There can be secret chests with potions or diamond tools if you wish, but you must save space for the wool. The wool exists so players can't stockpile up on looted potions or tools, they must make decisions on what they want to keep. So, waddya think? Oasis hunger games [HG] lol bad idea or good?
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Hunger Games thing internal to Oasis Empty Re: Hunger Games thing internal to Oasis

Post by 5teelPhoenix 7/20/2012, 3:15 pm

I've been waiting for someone to say this! :D I kinda like the traditional way of the hungergames though, where people run for the cornucopia thing and find stuff throughtout the game instead of people just starting out with stuff...but of course some people would die right at the start getting stuff from the chests. I haven't seen people playing hunger games really stocking up on stuff, but instead getting the best weapons and armor, ie; iron armor and a diamond sword or something. So I don't think people hoarding would be a problem, as people would just get better tools, and the wool thin wouldn't really fix that. I dunno. But I'm all for there being a hunger games.
5teelPhoenix
5teelPhoenix
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Hunger Games thing internal to Oasis Empty Re: Hunger Games thing internal to Oasis

Post by brickhunter1 7/20/2012, 3:19 pm

I dunno, it was a spur of the moment trying-to-be-original thing. But I guess it failed. I'm perfectly happy with the normal version.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 5teelPhoenix 7/20/2012, 3:47 pm

brickhunter1 wrote:I dunno, it was a spur of the moment trying-to-be-original thing. But I guess it failed. I'm perfectly happy with the normal version.

Who knows? Maybe you didn't fail. I was really just ranting my thouughts. :D
5teelPhoenix
5teelPhoenix
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/20/2012, 4:14 pm

5teelPhoenix wrote:
brickhunter1 wrote:I dunno, it was a spur of the moment trying-to-be-original thing. But I guess it failed. I'm perfectly happy with the normal version.

Who knows? Maybe you didn't fail. I was really just ranting my thouughts. :D
Ok, it wasn't a fail, it's more that I didn't want to just say 'Let's have an Oasis Hunger Games!' I wanted it to be original, not quite hunger games but the same idea. But I guess I ended up just saying 'Let's have an Oasis Hunger Games where you steal people's wool!' Yeah.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Croky1 7/20/2012, 4:41 pm

We're getting a pvp map for 1.3 as well as a SMP map.
Perhaps we could get a hunger games map as well.

Croky1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/20/2012, 4:47 pm

I think the hunger games map should be internal to the SMP map, so you don't have to change servers to get to the pvp arena, if that is possible.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Croky1 7/20/2012, 5:25 pm

You don't hangs surfers.u use a plugin to teleport to a new map oaware sameserver

Croky1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Z 7/20/2012, 5:38 pm

Personally, i think this idea is very close reference to Wave Survival, but with players instead of mobs. Plus, there are some people who just hate anything that has to do with hunger games.

Z
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/20/2012, 10:23 pm

Well, I have had no experience with wave survival so I guess I didn't know that they were close. About people not liking hunger games- I can see how the book might be gory and have themes that you don't like or something, but the idea of the actual game where people fight to the death makes for a good minecraft game :)
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 7/20/2012, 10:55 pm

brickhunter1 wrote:Well, I have had no experience with wave survival so I guess I didn't know that they were close. About people not liking hunger games- I can see how the book might be gory and have themes that you don't like or something, but the idea of the actual game where people fight to the death makes for a good minecraft game :)

In my personal experience, the book was full of political and moral symbolism that maybe wasn't necessary (the Capitol, arranged marriage, suppressed rebellion...All taking place in the future of America...). And as for the concept of the game on Oasis... well I think that it's a great idea at a bad time. We have a lot of mini games right now, and a mediocre turnout at each. I don't think we need another game inside a game.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by 5teelPhoenix 7/20/2012, 10:55 pm

Croky1 wrote:hangs surfers

Ouch.
5teelPhoenix
5teelPhoenix
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/21/2012, 1:23 am

Ok then, it was just a suggestion, I guess I do agree that there are a lot of minigames already. Whatevs guys
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgonk 7/21/2012, 3:22 pm

Who cares about the negative comments, it sounds fun and will probably work. Just because there are a good amount of mini-games currently being made doesn't mean this one will get thrown out for that reason. People love killing each other in video games (don't deny it) and this makes the murdering extra fun. The arena will need to be relatively small as this game can't last too long or people will eventually need to log out and never die. In case that happens the player should get a one hour time period or so to return. If not, they are removed from the game and all of their wool is replaced and maybe dropped randomly in the arena.

I'm just saying that this could work very well and that you should try it for two weeks and if it fails it fails, if it works keep it up and prove all of the naysayers wrong.
lordgonk
lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 7/21/2012, 3:47 pm

mickdude2 wrote:In my personal experience, the book was full of political and moral symbolism that maybe wasn't necessary (the Capitol, arranged marriage, suppressed rebellion...All taking place in the future of America...).

You have to be kidding me. I bet you like Micheal Bays films a lot.

Anyways, it's different from WS and I think it'd be a fun addition to the server.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/21/2012, 5:26 pm

Ok I'm getting 2 sides here! Should I keep the idea alive or not?
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 5teelPhoenix 7/21/2012, 5:30 pm

brickhunter1 wrote:Ok I'm getting 2 sides here! Should I keep the idea alive or not?

Hunger Games thing internal to Oasis Troll_approval
5teelPhoenix
5teelPhoenix
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 7/21/2012, 8:21 pm

A staff member and founder of WS says he wants it... js...
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/23/2012, 10:16 pm

5teelPhoenix wrote:
brickhunter1 wrote:Ok I'm getting 2 sides here! Should I keep the idea alive or not?

Hunger Games thing internal to Oasis Troll_approval

5teel that makes me laugh every time it replays, which is like every 2 seconds
I guess I am sorta bumping this, anyone else who hasn't seen this thread yet like the idea of hunger games in oasis?
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/24/2012, 2:28 pm

Kevo235 wrote:A staff member and founder of WS says he wants it... js...
Sorry for the double posts...
Maybe we could get a vouch list going? Anyone who would like Oasis Hunger Games, say Aye or vouch or whatever. But I figured I would go ahead and plan out some things in case it gets voted yes, since August 1 is right around the corner along with pvp and we don't want to waste time. So, since I do not have ability to spawn items, I would like to enlist some people who have the power to help me build the arena. Couple questions I want input on- What should the design of the arena be? I think we should build a permanent arena, just redesign the inside each time. For example, it could be a glass dome maybe with bedrock or obsidian a few blocks underneath the ground so people cannot tunnel out (i dunno why they would, but just in case). Then, each time, we get a couple volunteers (probably a staff) to help WE the terrain. Should it be a canyon or a forest? Which brings me to my next question- How often should it take place? I was thinking every month or two months, where in between the event we design the terrain. Sound good? Input please.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by totalminer_nate 7/24/2012, 6:02 pm

I like thy idea. Maybe little more often though.
totalminer_nate
totalminer_nate
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/24/2012, 6:46 pm

totalminer_nate wrote:I like thy idea. Maybe little more often though.
I thank thee, loyal miner. About the frequency- I don't want to interfere with the popular WS and GH, also I want to allow more time for the landscapers to do a good job. But it can be changed if we agree we want it more often.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by totalminer_nate 7/24/2012, 7:37 pm

True... Could i helpa part of it?
totalminer_nate
totalminer_nate
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/24/2012, 8:00 pm

If I get approval from the staff for this thing to happen, then I will need all the builders I can get, either for the 1 time arena or for terrain designers.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by InvertPanda 7/25/2012, 12:38 am

I don't see any reason as to not do this if we do get a PvP set up for 1.3 (Which I really hope we do).

You've got my approval, unless someone else wants to refute this. Some things may need to be ironed out as they come along, but the general idea is good enough for me.
InvertPanda
InvertPanda
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next