+5
Bain
Revilo410
ExtraSauce
Fithboy
ThunderHorse
9 posters

Go down

The WS Suggestions Thread! Empty The WS Suggestions Thread!

Post by Revilo410 3/8/2015, 5:14 pm

The WS Suggestions Thread! Forum_10

WS Suggestions!

====================================================================================Hello everyone, we haven't had this kind of thread active for a while now so I am going to restart it now to cover to areas of suggestions:

1. THEMES

Until recently we had an old thread called "WS Theme Vote" which was messy old and inactive so this thread will take over, is there a theme you think we should do??? Tell me here!

2. GENERAL WS THINGS

Do you have something you think would make our main game better? Any ideas of a new mini-game we should add alongside WS Spleef and Escape WS? Any game play aspects you would like to change or issues while in the WS area, please tell us anything you have to say here.

So please reply to this thread with any ideas, I will read them ALL as we want to make WS as good as possible. Just keep Extra away plz dont let him near, we have all see his suggestions before...

I wouldn't click this if I were you..:

Last edited by Revilo410 on 3/31/2016, 6:17 am; edited 3 times in total
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

The WS Suggestions Thread! Empty Re: The WS Suggestions Thread!

Post by ThunderHorse 3/8/2015, 5:37 pm

(Not sure if this is currently a game-mode at ws but) I would like to see a parkour race but with a twist. Race while trying not to die or fall out of the course. Have some traps that shoot you off platforms or open up holes to a pit of lava and Maybe have skeletons trying to shoot you off course and at the same time have a wither or 2 trying to kill you. I belive there was a name for this kind of minigame but i cannot remeber it. Have it where either the first person to reach the finish or the last man stamding wins.

ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Bain 3/8/2015, 6:20 pm

I would recommend a city theme, where there are tall buildings, and lots of mobs, traps, and loot inside them. Maybe it could be abandoned and have vines, and cobwebs everywhere. That would be really intersting. Once again, just a recommendation. ;)
Bain
Bain
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy 3/8/2015, 6:36 pm

Let us be able to play some of the mini games (namely Escape WS) without needing WS staff. At the moment it just feels like the whole WS hub is wasted for most of the week add we can't play without gathering enough people and disturbing WS staff
Fithboy
Fithboy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/xxXDennoXxx/

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce 3/8/2015, 7:24 pm

I have no knowledge of this. I'm innocent.

Also, how about a Metro-like theme? With subways and such. Would be pretty nice.
ExtraSauce
ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 3/9/2015, 12:13 pm

ThunderHorse wrote:(Not sure if this is currently a game-mode at ws but) I would like to see a parkour race but with a twist. Race while trying not to die or fall out of the course. Have some traps that shoot you off platforms or open up holes to a pit of lava and Maybe have skeletons trying to shoot you off course and at the same time have a wither or 2 trying to kill you. I belive there was a name for this kind of minigame but i cannot remeber it. Have it where either the first person to reach the finish or the last man stamding wins.

We have a recently opened mini game called Escape WS which is basically this, its not quite perfected yet and I am still adding bits to it, check it out at /warp ws if you get a chance ;)

Bainbridge3 wrote:I would recommend a city theme, where there are tall buildings, and lots of mobs, traps, and loot inside them. Maybe it could be abandoned and have vines, and cobwebs everywhere. That would be really intersting. Once again, just a recommendation. ;)

We have done apocalypse this map once but I can definitely see a high-rise city theme coming along at some point ;)

Fithboy wrote:Let us be able to play some of the mini games (namely Escape WS) without needing WS staff. At the moment it just feels like the whole WS hub is wasted for most of the week add we can't play without gathering enough people and disturbing WS staff

Mhm, okay I've been thinking about this. 1) Can I just say WS staff are always very happy to help especially me so don't think of it as disturbing us, its out job :P

2) Okay, I am going to open the gate of Escape WS all the time so you guys can play and race in it all you want without a WS staff member and we will schedule and run various official races during the week which we will award 5 points to the winner of on the WS leaderboard, but outside of theme official races It will be open for you 24/7 :)

3) I know you didn't mention it but Ill just say I dont think we can really open spleef due to the nature of the dispensers for mobs etc and I dont feel comfortable giving non ws staff a spawn button.

ExtraSauce wrote:

I have no knowledge of this. I'm innocent.

Also, how about a Metro-like theme? With subways and such. Would be pretty nice.

Thats a selective memory you have der :P, A metro theme could be incorporated into a city theme like suggested by bain, we will look into it at some point.

==================================================================================

Can I just say thanks to everyone for all this feedback so far it really helps me and the entire WS team improve our game, so keep it coming and as you can see, I have pretty much accepted everything suggested so far so its worth giving me your idea!!!! :P

~ Ollie :)
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 4/5/2015, 1:14 pm

As WS is returning soon for more fun and games we would welcome any suggestions you have! ;)
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bain 4/5/2015, 2:17 pm

I have a few more suggestions. Smile Maybe for some games the maps could be a little bigger, and involve PVP. The only down side of PvP would be that it could take away the nature of mob arena, and might make games shorter, but it would be a good thing to try out in my opinion.
Bain
Bain
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 4/5/2015, 3:38 pm

Thx for the suggestion, WS PVP is long debated and has been turned down ever time, I personally would like to bring it in separately at one point to see how it goes but I cant see it ever replacing the main game. Ill link you back to 1.3 to have a read if you like lol, we did discuss for a LONG time ;)

WS 1.3 PVP Thread

Thanks for the suggestions though, arena size is always being thought of, its alright atm but next map especially we may be upgrading (and possibly even changing shape :3)
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 4/5/2015, 4:42 pm

Two words: Potato mascot.
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 4/19/2015, 6:45 am

Revilo410 wrote:
The WS Suggestions Thread! Forum_10

WS Suggestions!

====================================================================================Hello everyone, we haven't had this kind of thread active for a while now so I am going to restart it now to cover to areas of suggestions:

1. THEMES

Until recently we had an old thread called "WS Theme Vote" which was messy old and inactive so this thread will take over, is there a theme you think we should do??? Tell me here!

2. GENERAL WS THINGS

Do you have something you think would make our main game better? Any ideas of a new mini-game we should add alongside WS Spleef and Escape WS? Any game play aspects you would like to change or issues while in the WS area, please tell us anything you have to say here.

So please reply to this thread with any ideas, I will read them ALL as we want to make WS as good as possible. Just keep Extra away plz dont let him near, we have all see his suggestions before...

I would just like to bump this thread as we are looking for some new ideas now WS is back up and running, arena themes would be greatly appreciated!! ~Rev :D

P.S. I am looking into a potato mascot Emers so don't worry
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bain 4/19/2015, 12:41 pm

One map idea I have is a Plane Crash theme. Basically, there would be a crashed plane in the center with all of the good stuff, and around it would be terrain (Preferably a savannah or forest.) Twisted Evil

Another good map would be Space Station themed. For this map, there would be a space station, and all players would be given a jump boost effect. It would also be cool if the background was outer space, and earth was in the background too. Twisted Evil
Bain
Bain
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by retkojy 4/19/2015, 3:14 pm

an apocalypse city with old buildings crashed planes old cars tanks n stuff that would be amazing

retkojy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 4/19/2015, 3:17 pm

Bainbridge3 wrote:One map idea I have is a Plane Crash theme. Basically, there would be a crashed plane in the center with all of the good stuff, and around it would be terrain (Preferably a savannah or forest.) Twisted Evil

Another good map would be Space Station themed. For this map, there would be a space station, and all players would be given a jump boost effect. It would also be cool if the background was outer space, and earth was in the background too. Twisted Evil

retkojy wrote:

an apocalypse city with old buildings crashed planes old cars tanks n stuff that would be amazing

Crashed planes and apocalypse have already been done before 1.8 and during 1.8 so I think we should hold off on them for a while, but I do like to revisit apocalypse :3

Space station however sounds interesting, Idk how possible it is but I will have a think :D
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 4/19/2015, 3:52 pm

What about a city destoryed by a battle. Theree will be tons of destroyed cars and tanks, destroyed buildings with huge holes in them and missing roofs and walls, that kind of stuff. And to make the theme a little bit better spawn about 5 or so withers to make it a challenge to survive. Limit the tools and armor around the map and maybe add a room with a redstone gate that releases 50-100 zombies to release at a certain point to make survival extremely difficult. Add some huge skyscrapers and other stuff. Like have one corner be a construction zone with pipes and machinery, another spot that would be like a grocery store destroyed by mortars, have a residential zone wirh houses and holes all over with a giant hole in the street leading into a sewer system flooded with creepers zombies skeletons spiders and silverfish with only one escape route. Another spot that might be fun is a giant farm with some barns with wood doors to keep it closed but inside there could be like 50 creepers so nobody could camp inside. Maybe rig another barn with a pit trap that opens up a hole leading to pool of lava. And rig another part with tripwires that lead to dispensers that shoot arrows and spawn eggs. Have like one room that is a "safe" place but has lever just sitting there then when pulled closes a huge gate locking them inside followed by dispensers shooting tons of spawn eggs or a lava roof that will open dropping lava on you. Bunch of traps rigged all over the map. Etc

I feel this would be amazing and epic match
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Bain 4/20/2015, 4:01 pm

ThunderHorse wrote:What about a city destoryed by a battle. Theree will be tons of destroyed cars and tanks, destroyed buildings with huge holes in them and missing roofs and walls, that kind of stuff. And to make the theme a little bit better spawn about 5 or so withers to make it a challenge to survive. Limit the tools and armor around the map and maybe add a room with a redstone gate that releases 50-100 zombies to release at a certain point to make survival extremely difficult. Add some huge skyscrapers and other stuff. Like have one corner be a construction zone with pipes and machinery, another spot that would be like a grocery store destroyed by mortars, have a residential zone wirh houses and holes all over with a giant hole in the street leading into a sewer system flooded with creepers zombies skeletons spiders and silverfish with only one escape route. Another spot that might be fun is a giant farm with some barns with wood doors to keep it closed but inside there could be like 50 creepers so nobody could camp inside. Maybe rig another barn with a pit trap that opens up a hole leading to pool of lava. And rig another part with tripwires that lead to dispensers that shoot arrows and spawn eggs. Have like one room that is a "safe" place but has lever just sitting there then when pulled closes a huge gate locking them inside followed by dispensers shooting tons of spawn eggs or a lava roof that will open dropping lava on you. Bunch of traps rigged all over the map. Etc

Yas, Vouch. The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422 The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422 The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422 The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422 The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422 The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422 The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422 The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422 The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422 The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422 The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422
Bain
Bain
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by retkojy 4/20/2015, 6:02 pm

Bainbridge3 wrote:
ThunderHorse wrote:What about a city destoryed by a battle. Theree will be tons of destroyed cars and tanks, destroyed buildings with huge holes in them and missing roofs and walls, that kind of stuff. And to make the theme a little bit better spawn about 5 or so withers to make it a challenge to survive. Limit the tools and armor around the map and maybe add a room with a redstone gate that releases 50-100 zombies to release at a certain point to make survival extremely difficult. Add some huge skyscrapers and other stuff. Like have one corner be a construction zone with pipes and machinery, another spot that would be like a grocery store destroyed by mortars, have a residential zone wirh houses and holes all over with a giant hole in the street leading into a sewer system flooded with creepers zombies skeletons spiders and silverfish with only one escape route. Another spot that might be fun is a giant farm with some barns with wood doors to keep it closed but inside there could be like 50 creepers so nobody could camp inside. Maybe rig another barn with a pit trap that opens up a hole leading to pool of lava. And rig another part with tripwires that lead to dispensers that shoot arrows and spawn eggs. Have like one room that is a "safe" place but has lever just sitting there then when pulled closes a huge gate locking them inside followed by dispensers shooting tons of spawn eggs or a lava roof that will open dropping lava on you. Bunch of traps rigged all over the map. Etc

Yas, Vouch. The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422 The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422 The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422 The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422 The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422 The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422 The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422 The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422 The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422 The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422 The WS Suggestions Thread! 758422
I WOULD ABSOLOUTELY LOVE TO BUILD THIS

retkojy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Bain 5/4/2015, 9:28 pm

Maybe decrease the mob spawn rate, buts when they do spawn, make them spawn in huge packs. I think this would be pretty effective, especially with the new map style. Also maybe they should spawn in huge waves, with the waves getting harder every time. Smile
Bain
Bain
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 5/5/2015, 5:50 pm

Bainbridge3 wrote:Maybe decrease the mob spawn rate, buts when they do spawn, make them spawn in huge packs. I think this would be pretty effective, especially with the new map style. Also maybe they should spawn in huge waves, with the waves getting harder every time. Smile

I have literally just bought this back in for the last map we run XD Ahead of the game :3
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittycatteo 5/5/2015, 6:15 pm

I think this is an amazing idea but I have a little idea to add to it. Maybe the start could be a bit generous(like no mobs), but a few seconds later, mobs just suddenly spawn, giving the players a jump scare. The traps seem very cool, but what happens when you fall in one? You die? Or do you end up in total chaos? 
Anyways, I'd love to lend a hand to build this if anybody needs help :D
Kittycatteo
Kittycatteo
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Bain 5/5/2015, 8:51 pm

KittyLenore wrote:

I think this is an amazing idea but I have a little idea to add to it. Maybe the start could be a bit generous(like no mobs), but a few seconds later, mobs just suddenly spawn, giving the players a jump scare. The traps seem very cool, but what happens when you fall in one? You die? Or do you end up in total chaos? 
Anyways, I'd love to lend a hand to build this if anybody needs help :D
I'd definitely love to help too.  Smile
Bain
Bain
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy 5/6/2015, 3:29 pm

We have a theme for this week, but we will certainly consider this for the future. Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep 'em coming :D!
Fithboy
Fithboy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/xxXDennoXxx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 5/11/2015, 7:02 am

Remember guys to keep sending through your arena theme ideas for us to build, or if you have any other ideas to improve WS throw them in too! ;)
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bain 7/6/2015, 8:59 am

I would recommend an underground map, kind of like the call of duty zombies map, Buried. Here's a picture of what it would look like.
The WS Suggestions Thread! Black_Ops_2_Vengeance_Map_Pack_13735062213934
Bain
Bain
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisMaximus 9/12/2015, 5:37 pm

Bump! We always love to see suggestions from the community, so please post them in here!
OasisMaximus
OasisMaximus
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down