Looking for Prophunt Suggestions

+2
ThunderHorse
OsgaTharp
6 posters

Go down

Looking for Prophunt Suggestions Empty Looking for Prophunt Suggestions

Post by OsgaTharp 2/6/2014, 12:21 pm

Hey everyone! Now that prophunt has become such a large aspect in the community, I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions or critiques with how things or done or how the maps are. It can either be with the item lists, the map itself (too big, unfair, etc.), or how the game itself is played.

You don't need to answer these but these are the main things I'm wanting to know.

What do you not like about prophunt?

What's something you wish was apart of prophunt?

What kind of map would you like to see next?

What map needs to be reworked?

and any other comments you may have. I put a lot of time into prophunt and I want to get some feedback from guys to make it even better!
OsgaTharp
OsgaTharp
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Looking for Prophunt Suggestions Empty Re: Looking for Prophunt Suggestions

Post by ThunderHorse 2/6/2014, 3:39 pm

What do you not like about prophunt?

What's something you wish was apart of prophunt?

What kind of map would you like to see next?

What map needs to be reworked?

What i dislike about prophunt right now is that hiders only have 8 snowballs and i think it will be a little more enjoyable if we have more.

We should make it so hiders have an either iron swords or put the unbreaking 5 enchantment on the swords so they last longer

I think we should add a true pure farm ranch map with horse stables cow pens like a true western ranch 

The mines in the map ranch should be fixed cause some of us have trouble making it past the lava and a lot of us die trying to make it past so maybe making the roof a little higher  in there to make it easier
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone 2/6/2014, 3:55 pm

Give hiders a weapon that doesn't break, stick with sharp 2 or something, and seekers each get one enderpearl.
Xhoblophone
Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Looking for Prophunt Suggestions Empty RE: suggestions for prophint

Post by PandaMagazine 2/6/2014, 4:16 pm

U should base it off if some warps
PandaMagazine
PandaMagazine
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by OsgaTharp 2/7/2014, 9:03 am

Still looking for suggestions! In a couple days I will respond to every suggestion or question and explain why we are/aren't doing certain things.
OsgaTharp
OsgaTharp
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 2/7/2014, 4:11 pm

matthewdiamond12 wrote:U should base it off if some warps

Plainscity.

And not really a good idea as the map is then familiar and makes it hard to hide. And too big.
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleInYourFace 2/7/2014, 5:20 pm

Okay I actually suggested to this to you in game but I think I'll make an official suggestion.

To have a weekly/monthly/every other week tournament in a huge map. To test the limits of people's patience and to see who the ULTIMATE HIDER OF ALL is. (or seeker if it comes down to just two people and the seeker wins). I just put my crazy Apple brain to thinking and that's what I came up with.  tongue
AppleInYourFace
AppleInYourFace
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by OsgaTharp 2/10/2014, 2:19 am

Thunder wrote:What i dislike about prophunt right now is that hiders only have 8 snowballs and i think it will be a little more enjoyable if we have more.

8 snowballs are going to stay the way they are. The bow/arrow thing was a fluke and now people felt like they needed range so we added that. You need to use them wisely.
Thunder wrote:We should make it so hiders have an either iron swords or put the unbreaking 5 enchantment on the swords so they last longer

Good idea, I will probably add unbreaking to the swords.
Thunder wrote:I think we should add a true pure farm ranch map with horse stables cow pens like a true western ranch 

The only issue with animal heavy places is that all seekers need to do is murder everything in sight. So animal props are pretty bad. 
Thunder wrote:The mines in the map ranch should be fixed cause some of us have trouble making it past the lava and a lot of us die trying to make it past so maybe making the roof a little higher  in there to make it easier

Fixed.
Xhoblo wrote:Give hiders a weapon that doesn't break, stick with sharp 2 or something, and seekers each get one enderpearl.

Enderpearls would be waaay too good. Going to have to say no.
Matthewdiamond wrote:U should base it off if some warps

As Pax said, it's been done. Plainscity is an abomination that is too big and unplayable. BUT, if there is a small town that has good structures, much like broasis, it may happen!
Apple wrote:To have a weekly/monthly/every other week tournament in a huge map. 

I'd be down to have a day for playing but a tournament would be tough. We can't declare anyone as the BEST because of how random the game is. You could be unlucky and lose because you got a crappy prop.

I will still be answering questions and taking suggestions! I've changed props that haven't been working right (Grass, leaves, saplings, and cacti). I also added new props to replace them. Some time soon I will also make a thread that will show every block that you can be for each map.
OsgaTharp
OsgaTharp
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone 2/10/2014, 11:26 am

I have another one, but it is kind of a big change and I find it unlikely.

One thing I kind of dislike about prophunt, is the fact that seekers can just hit every block they find until they hit you (the hider), once they hit you you are usually done for because of the ping sound. My proposal, remove the ping, it would make seekers have to be sure of the block they are hitting, instead of just rapidly hitting a bunch of blocks until they hear the ping, also, remove knockback on blocks, so that block lock doesn't come off when you get hit.

Again, I know this would be a huge fundamental change, but it's something I believe would make the game much more interesting.
Xhoblophone
Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by OsgaTharp 2/10/2014, 11:59 am

Xhoblo wrote:One thing I kind of dislike about prophunt, is the fact that seekers can just hit every block they find until they hit you (the hider), once they hit you you are usually done for because of the ping sound. My proposal, remove the ping, it would make seekers have to be sure of the block they are hitting, instead of just rapidly hitting a bunch of blocks until they hear the ping, also, remove knockback on blocks, so that block lock doesn't come off when you get hit.

I do agree that the main problem with prophunt is that all seekers do is mindlessly swing around till they get someone. We can disable the sound of being hit AND the particles. Ill think it over. We could at least try it.
OsgaTharp
OsgaTharp
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone 2/10/2014, 1:19 pm

Osgatharp wrote:
Xhoblo wrote:One thing I kind of dislike about prophunt, is the fact that seekers can just hit every block they find until they hit you (the hider), once they hit you you are usually done for because of the ping sound. My proposal, remove the ping, it would make seekers have to be sure of the block they are hitting, instead of just rapidly hitting a bunch of blocks until they hear the ping, also, remove knockback on blocks, so that block lock doesn't come off when you get hit.

I do agree that the main problem with prophunt is that all seekers do is mindlessly swing around till they get someone. We can disable the sound of being hit AND the particles. Ill think it over. We could at least try it.
YAY!
Xhoblophone
Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down