+2
Revilo410
ChaosTheoryJRH
6 posters

Go down

PirateCTF Suggestions Empty PirateCTF Suggestions

Post by dtfgator 6/18/2016, 11:51 pm

Hey everyone,

Recently I have been playing a lot of the piratectf game at /warp piratectf on the minigame server. If you haven't tried it out yet, I really recommend it - I've had a huge amount of fun with many differently sized teams. Much of what I say will also be applicable to the team deathmatch mode - but I've played more CTF and that seems to be more popular, so that's what I'm focusing on.

Although its a really well designed map, aesthetically and functionally, I have a couple suggestions:

Fix boats, if you can!

Right now the boats are bugged so that, despite spawning with one in your inventory, nonstaff players cannot actually place them in the game. This is really sad, because the map is designed with a river through the middle of it specifically to encourage strategic use of boats. There are usually boats prespawned in the river, but they aren't always in useful locations and I don't like to rely on that. Either fix the permissions issue and let us place boats (if that's possible), or just take them out of the spawning kit.

Slightly less important, but also let us break the boats! In TDM you can shoot an arrow at a boat and it breaks, but in CTF that doesn't work. I think it would be nice to be able to shoot an enemies getaway boat as he speeds away, rather than just sadly watch as he takes your precious wool.

Fix the "Sorry, you can't PvP here!" spam (If you can!)

Right now whenever you attack someone you get spammed with "Sorry, you cannot PvP here", even though obviously we can. This is pretty minor but it would be nice if that didn't happen.

Don't let us use /ws kit inside of the minigame.

This one should be pretty obvious... You are able to spawn chainmail armor to put on your legs and feet. That seems not to be in the spirit of the game.

Add a one-way door to the spawn level of each base, to prevent spawn-camping.

I'll explain this one a little bit. I have noticed that while playing CTF (particularly on smaller teams) if most of a team dies at roughly the same time it's very easy to trap them in their base with little hope of breaking out. Picture:

PirateCTF Suggestions 2016-013

Although this game was 2v1 and so the other team had little chance of winning anyways, the staircase design in the bases meant that once I killed the opponent once inside of his base, he was perpetually trapped at his spawnpoint. The moment captured in the picture was the 4th or 5th time I'd killed that guy, every time taking minimal damage by spamming arrows as he tried to get up the stairs (note all the arrows in him). Although I like the design of the spawn in that it forces a delay of a few seconds between dying and getting back into the action, the fact that the only way out is up a staircase is a problem. In the 4 games where I have caught a player or a team in this position, only once were they able to break out and that was after 3 kills and me fighting 1v2. 

PirateCTF Suggestions 2016-014

In this picture Raybii and I pushed Chaos all the way back to the actual spawn point, where we killed him so quickly that his weapons didn't even respawn. Earlier that day Raybii and I did the same thing against a team of two, pinning them in that location and keeping them trapped despite it being 2v2 instead of 2v1. 

I think this problem can be fixed by simply putting a one way door (iron door with a pressure plate on one side) in the spawn location that leads outside via some tunnel. This would provide an alternate route out of the base if trapped in a position like this.
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

PirateCTF Suggestions Empty Re: PirateCTF Suggestions

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH 6/19/2016, 9:23 am

GATOR AND RAYBIII ARE DIRTY, FLITHY CHEATERS!

Lol, but yeah, there are some bugs that should be looked into.
We've been having a lot of fun, and fixing these things would be great.

Also, the food and having more than one arrow serve no point.
It doesn't take away from the game, just a small thing really.

There are also parts of the ship and behind around each castle that you can get stuck in, rendering you useless to your team for the rest of the match.

ChaosTheoryJRH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 6/19/2016, 10:51 am

Oh I forgot that of the health regen could be changed slightly that would be nice
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 6/19/2016, 1:55 pm

Okay so thus far in PirateCTF I have:

Stopped the PVP message hopefully.
You should now be able to interact with and place boats.
Ive made some slight modifications to the bases for you to trial, on the exit part, it should give you some room to prepare yourself before the other team can get you, but Im open to more suggestions on this. I could implement a tunnel like you suggested.

Health regen I need to look into further. And I can also remove the useless parts of the kits at some point when Im on console and remember to do it :P

OH and all kits should now be blocked.. I hope..
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 6/19/2016, 2:49 pm

I love you #ReviloForOwner
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raybiii 6/19/2016, 3:19 pm

I know this is not for ctf but for tdm the rounds seem to be a bit short. Also i think that it could be cool if there was a no regen gamemode and maybe after a kill you could get a health pot or something to regen health
Raybiii
Raybiii
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by AlvinB 6/23/2016, 3:25 pm

Just so you know, you can place and interact with boats in the tdm version, but in the ctf version it still says "You can't place that here!"
AlvinB
AlvinB
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 6/23/2016, 3:49 pm

AlvinB wrote:Just so you know, you can place and interact with boats in the tdm version, but in the ctf version it still says "You can't place that here!"

This. Also is it possible to mess around with the health regen? What I'd really like to see is an ~8 second delay between being damaged and having the regen start. I don't mind the fast regen so much as it's annoying when, in the middle of a fight, your enemy runs off and if you miss a single arrow shot in those few seconds he regens back to full health and attacks you again. I didn't think Raybii's idea was bad either - turn off regen entirely and have people drop health potions on death.
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mefabe 6/24/2016, 1:33 am

I used to have health regenerate automatically, whereas i played today and had to eat apples often in order for my health to regen. I dont know if its the same for other players, but i never notice anyone else eating apples. This is quite a disadvantage in pvp if others are not experiencing the same things.

I would also like to see more time added to the matches if possible and others agree... the game has never slowed down at all in the time limit given, and i feel a couple extra minutes would help give more time to turn the scores around
mefabe
mefabe
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by AlvinB 6/24/2016, 5:28 am

mefabe wrote:I used to have health regenerate automatically, whereas i played today and had to eat apples often in order for my health to regen. I dont know if its the same for other players, but i never notice anyone else eating apples. This is quite a disadvantage in pvp if others are not experiencing the same things.

I would also like to see more time added to the matches if possible and others agree... the game has never slowed down at all in the time limit given, and i feel a couple extra minutes would help give more time to turn the scores around
The health thing is because, since 1.9 you get the fast regen only when you get full hunger, so you have to eat to regen fast. And this is the same for all players I'm pretty sure. 

Oh, and I totally agree on the time thing btw, it's incredibly rare to even capture the flag 3 times, or kill all people in tdm version.
AlvinB
AlvinB
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 7/5/2016, 7:56 am

Okay I am pleased to announce that we now have a new plugin running pirate!

Its still a work in progress but its much better than the old one and we've all been having great fun playing!

I think I've addressed at least most of the issues brought up in this thread with the new plugin but please if you have any comments do tell me so I can get it fixed!

Pirate Gamemodes are now as follows:

TEAM GAMES /Warp PirateTeams:
- Team DeathMatch
- Capture The Flag

SOLO GAMES /Warp PirateSolo:
- One in the chamber
- Free for all
- Last man standing

I hope that you all have great fun with these new games!
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 7/5/2016, 9:04 am

Revilo410 wrote:Okay I am pleased to announce that we now have a new plugin running pirate!

Its still a work in progress but its much better than the old one and we've all been having great fun playing!

I think I've addressed at least most of the issues brought up in this thread with the new plugin but please if you have any comments do tell me so I can get it fixed!

Pirate Gamemodes are now as follows:

TEAM GAMES /Warp PirateTeams:
- Team DeathMatch
- Capture The Flag

SOLO GAMES /Warp PirateSolo:

- One in the chamber
- Free for all
- Last man standing

I hope that you all have great fun with these new games!

Have you changed the regen at all or is it the same as before?
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 7/5/2016, 9:42 am

Regen is slightly different due to the increased damage, you'll see when you play but I might be able to edit it further :3
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 7/5/2016, 10:51 am

Revilo410 wrote:Regen is slightly different due to the increased damage, you'll see when you play but I might be able to edit it further :3

Cool! I'll try to check it out tonight then.
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down