Yet more questions on shops....

4 posters

Go down

Yet more questions on shops....  Empty Yet more questions on shops....

Post by _Zeira_ 4/4/2013, 5:46 pm

I hope that I am posting this in the right Forum section.
I have read all of the threads I can find concerning shops, and I still have some questions.

1)Do you have to have a certain rank to buy a shop?
2)Can I make a shop anywhere besides in the shop world?
3)I know I cannot sell spawned items, but are there other limits on items that can and cannot be sold?
4) Are there set % for selling items?
5) If I chose to sell directly to a player can I report them if they do not paying me for an item. And how would I document it. This is why I am reluctant to sell to anyone, I don't want to loose my items.

Thank You for any help you can give!

_Zeira_
_Zeira_
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Yet more questions on shops....  Empty 2.

Post by Cadenp 4/4/2013, 6:13 pm

To answer your second question i was in /warp realtown and noticed he had shops in one of his buildings so you can definatly build a shop anywhere, He is a pretty high rank though i believe, trusted player etc.. But Ya he was selling things.

Cadenp
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Yet more questions on shops....  Empty Re: Yet more questions on shops....

Post by Kevo235 4/4/2013, 6:49 pm

1)Do you have to have a certain rank to buy a shop?
Not that I know of, so probably not.

Go for it, so long as it doesn't break any obvious building rules. Example: please don't build one in my house or something.

3)I know I cannot sell spawned items, but are there other limits on items that can and cannot be sold?
I believe there isn't a limit on what can be sold or the amount of it so long as it isn't unobtainable. Example: if the nether is closed for the whole map, you probably wouldn't have got netherrack legit so i'd refrain from selling it.

I believe there is in the shop world, something about buying or selling, i'd check the rule board for info. Other than that, it's a free market. Sell things at the price you want.

5) If I chose to sell directly to a player can I report them if they do not paying me for an item. And how would I document it. This is why I am reluctant to sell to anyone, I don't want to lose my items.
I'd take the money first in that situation. If they want to have an admin trace back the logs and see who's cheating someone out, they can but this will have serious consequences on the person at fault. I'd say it's more of a trust system. Screenshots also help a lot.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by _Zeira_ 4/4/2013, 9:36 pm

Kevo235 wrote:1)Do you have to have a certain rank to buy a shop?
Not that I know of, so probably not.

Go for it, so long as it doesn't break any obvious building rules. Example: please don't build one in my house or something.

I believe there isn't a limit on what can be sold or the amount of it so long as it isn't unobtainable. Example: if the nether is closed for the whole map, you probably wouldn't have got netherrack legit so i'd refrain from selling it.

I believe there is in the shop world, something about buying or selling, i'd check the rule board for info. Other than that, it's a free market. Sell things at the price you want.

5) If I chose to sell directly to a player can I report them if they do not paying me for an item. And how would I document it. This is why I am reluctant to sell to anyone, I don't want to lose my items.
I'd take the money first in that situation. If they want to have an admin trace back the logs and see who's cheating someone out, they can but this will have serious consequences on the person at fault. I'd say it's more of a trust system. Screenshots also help a lot.

Thanks for answering my questions, I just wanted to make sure I didn't break any rules.
_Zeira_
_Zeira_
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by _Zeira_ 4/4/2013, 9:39 pm

Cadenp wrote:To answer your second question i was in /warp realtown and noticed he had shops in one of his buildings so you can definatly build a shop anywhere, He is a pretty high rank though i believe, trusted player etc.. But Ya he was selling things.

That is one of the things that was confusing me.
_Zeira_
_Zeira_
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by bober_rus 4/5/2013, 1:12 am

Kevo235 wrote:2)Can I make a shop anywhere besides in the shop world?

To create shop (anywhere), place a chest and sign near it. On first line write your MC username, on second - amount of blocks/items that you want to sell-buy; on third line write B : S . on last line write ID of item/block that you want to sell/buy.

Example(if you want to sell/buy diamonds)

_Zeira_

B 50 : 20 S

You cant sell spawned and illegal items (TnT,lava buckets), everything else is ok.

Kevo235 wrote:4) Are there set % for selling items?

Most of shops doesn't follow this rule (buying price shouldn't be more than x5selling price)

Last edited by bober_rus on 4/5/2013, 1:15 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Stupid quotes :s)
bober_rus
bober_rus
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by _Zeira_ 4/5/2013, 11:56 am

bober_rus wrote:
Kevo235 wrote:2)Can I make a shop anywhere besides in the shop world?

To create shop (anywhere), place a chest and sign near it. On first line write your MC username, on second - amount of blocks/items that you want to sell-buy; on third line write B : S . on last line write ID of item/block that you want to sell/buy.

Example(if you want to sell/buy diamonds)

_Zeira_

B 50 : 20 S

You cant sell spawned and illegal items (TnT,lava buckets), everything else is ok.

Kevo235 wrote:4) Are there set % for selling items?

Most of shops doesn't follow this rule (buying price shouldn't be more than x5selling price)

Thank you for such an in-depth answer. One more if I may. Can I set a shop to Sell or Buy only? Or does it have to be both buy, and sell.
_Zeira_
_Zeira_
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by bober_rus 4/5/2013, 1:08 pm

_Zeira_ wrote:

Thank you for such an in-depth answer. One more if I may. Can I set a shop to Sell or Buy only? Or does it have to be both buy, and sell.

Yes you can. If you want only buy items/blocks using shop, type only S letter and only sellingprice; If you want only sell - type only B letter and buying price.(here is also small edit)

Example:

_Zeira_

B 50

^Shop chest that only Sells diamonds.

~~~Edit~~~

Well,im not sure, but at least at shop world Selling price cant be 0

Last edited by bober_rus on 4/5/2013, 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : see higher)
bober_rus
bober_rus
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down