I've mined my final block. Thanks for the memories!

Go down

I've mined my final block. Thanks for the memories!  Empty I've mined my final block. Thanks for the memories!

Post by madscientist032 1/10/2022, 5:31 pm

Hi All, there's something I need to talk about with the community. I will do my best to make this short and to the point.

Oasis 1.18 will not be coming.

Instead, effective January 12th 2022, Oasis will be closing. This includes both the Minecraft server and our Discord.

This is not a decision I made lightly. I have been considering shutdown for a few years now but each time I'd go to pull the plug, we'd bounce back to life and things would be okay. This happened in both 2019 and 2020, before the 1.14 and 1.16 updates respectfully.

But as it stands, I am no longer able to give Oasis the TLC she needs to keep going. The effort going into Oasis has started to negatively creep into my work performance. Additionally, I have pressing & urgent family matters that need my attention & constant addressing. This means my lack of activity would not be fair to the staff team & community, and I had to make a choice to keep Oasis going, or to bite the bullet and move forward with life.

With that being said - I did consider transferring ownership, but with the server in her current state, it doesn't seem fair to load that on a new set of Owners. It made more sense for me to just close up shop.

So what does this mean for the immediate future?

Any pending applications (Member, Oasian, Staff, etc.) will not be looked at nor considered.

Any donations within the past 90 days will be refunded (with the exception of the October Donation Drive donations). Effective immediately. I am no longer accepting donations (the donation button has been removed from our forums). The remaining PayPal balance will go directly towards the Alzheimer's Foundation of America.

The maps download page https://oasis-mc.us/maps.html will be online until Feb 01 2022. You have until then to download any past maps and save them to your local drives.

With all this being said - I want to take a step back and look at the 11 years Oasis has been online. We've had over 50k players, 100 staff, and 6 different servers (SMP, Pixelmon, FTB, TeamSpeak, Minigames, and Skyblock). It's been one hell of a ride. But as the title says - I've mined my final block.

I want everyone to know and recognize that this was not by any means an easy thing for me to do. Even as I type up this post, I know how important Oasis and the community was during the past decade. Oasis SMP/MC was one of the longest lasting Minecraft SMP servers. This was  not an easy feat and as much as I'd love to keep it going... it's time for me to lay down my pickaxe and focus on the offline world.

I want to thank Ariley & Sainteven for granting me the opportunity to lead as Owner back in 2013, and to keep this server going. I never expected we'd last as long as we did. Nobody did, now that I think of it. We've had countless players return and be amazed of our tenacity.

In closing, I want to extend my gratitude to the entire community - not just the former & current staff but also the playerbase . You are all amazing people and it's been wonderful to see everyone come together and grow over the years. Keep being amazing & wonderful, you are all worth it.

Thanks all again for the memories.

May the winds of fortune be forever at your backs.

~[Retired]Madscientist032
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down