Questions concerning 1.14

3 posters

Go down

Questions concerning 1.14  Empty Questions concerning 1.14

Post by Vap_orWaveAleex 3/17/2019, 11:08 am

Hey there! I have some questions about 1.14 that I believe are necessary for other users to know, too.

1)
    Will there be a server reset?

So this is a concern many players may also have. A 1.14 server reset. I'd like to know whether there will be one, as it seems logical - the texture changes from default, new animals causing spawning glitches, new blocks causing lag / glitches, as the server may not be compatible, etc. As well as the new design of villages and the new villagers / villager concepts causing the game to break.

2)
    Is / Will there be a snapshot server to see what the server will be like in 1.14?

Simple question, self explanatory.

3)
   Animal Spawning problems, etc?

With all the new mobs coming in the 1.14 "Village 'n Pillage" update, I have concerns about land animals becoming rarer. We have seen this with the 1.13 server; squids are now practically extinct on the server, and the server economy has became, well unstable - I fear for land mobs such as Villagers becoming extremely rare - with the pillagers and all. (We have seen that we are in a great depression). 

Thank you for reading and answering (if you are a mod and have actually answered). I am very curious about what is to come with the server in 1.14, as other players are.

-Vap_orWaveAleex
Vap_orWaveAleex
Vap_orWaveAleex
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Questions concerning 1.14  Empty Re: Questions concerning 1.14

Post by SilentSubscriber 3/18/2019, 12:18 am

Hey dude, while I am not official in any way, I think I can help with a few things.

1. Yeah, the server will be reset. The current world will be available for download at some point I believe.

2. Yes! Come join at snapshot.oasis-mc.us

3.The aquatic mob spawn rates are a 1.13 issues. In 1.14, I hope that bug will be patched out.

In any case, It will be sometime before the switch, the plugins have to be updated first and the spawn + map need to be made and generated.

-Silent
SilentSubscriber
SilentSubscriber
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCajwveudwmWWcs3b3ItnTnw

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 3/18/2019, 2:21 pm

Vap_orWaveAleex wrote:Hey there! I have some questions about 1.14 that I believe are necessary for other users to know, too.

1)    Will there be a server reset?

2)    Is / Will there be a snapshot server to see what the server will be like in 1.14?

3)  Animal Spawning problems, etc?

Allow me to provide an OFFICIAL response :)

1 - Staff and I are in talks about the map status I.E Reset/dual-map/etc. I will update when we've reached a conclusion.

2 - Yes! We have a snapshot server - snapshot.oasis-mc.us it's run by me and it's on Oasis hardware. I try my best to keep it updated but if it's not, just ping me in Discord and I'm pretty quick about updating it :)

3 - This is a known bug, because the map we currently have was generated on 1.13 code yet we run 1.13.2 code. It has somethign to do with the chunk metadata. (We've seen this behavior before - a map reset fixes this but it's not permanent as we tend to run later iterations of MC on older versions for various reasons).
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down