1.16 Reset: Some Questions regarding the Reset + feel free to reply your questions here

+2
madscientist032
Vap_orWaveAleex
6 posters

Go down

1.16 Reset: Some Questions regarding the Reset + feel free to reply your questions here Empty 1.16 Reset: Some Questions regarding the Reset + feel free to reply your questions here

Post by Vap_orWaveAleex 4/30/2020, 4:45 pm

Hello there, I just wanted to ask some questions regarding the 1.16 reset as I'm a curious little bean who has like 20,000 questions kept in, haha.
There's only about three here, so I guess there's not too many to answer.

My first question is, to what extend will the reset go - I already know that it will be a full reset, however, I'm mainly curious about places such as /warp shop, /warp promos and /warp theend, which are major parts of the server. Since I've not been on the server for this type of reset, how are they affected - are shop plots reset, does the shop theme change, etc. I also am wondering if people's money will be reset or kept the same, which I doubt but I've been curious about for a while.

My second question is that - are there any estimations or planned schedules for the server to actually reset? Since 1.16 is a stable update, it seems like it'd be easier to reset and / or schedule then the hell that must have been 1.14's updating. It'd be interesting for many to see when the reset likely will be.

My final question concerns community involvement in the reset - a cool idea that I suggested was having the community help in building spawn, an activity which'd help bring the community together, and helping to build the shop, promos and other buildings of the sort if they are also to be changed. I was wondering whether you had anything like this planned or in mind as a potential idea, as it would be very, very interesting.

That's all for now, thank you very much for looking at my post.

Edit: Forgot to say that anyone with other questions should reply to this message if they have them, so that a staff member could probably answer them.

Last edited by Vap_orWaveAleex on 4/30/2020, 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to say that anyone with other questions should reply to this message if they have them, so that a staff member could probably answer them - also, changed the title slightly.)
Vap_orWaveAleex
Vap_orWaveAleex
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

1.16 Reset: Some Questions regarding the Reset + feel free to reply your questions here Empty Re: 1.16 Reset: Some Questions regarding the Reset + feel free to reply your questions here

Post by madscientist032 5/1/2020, 1:42 pm

Vap_orWaveAleex wrote:My first question is, to what extend will the reset go - I already know that it will be a full reset, however, I'm mainly curious about places such as /warp shop, /warp promos and /warp theend, which are major parts of the server.
The reset will entail the following:
- Worlds (world, world_nether, and world_the_end)
- Special worlds (currently it's ONLY shop) will also reset and we are expecting the theme and size of shopworld will change.
- All player-created warps (such as those for towns/cities/etc)
- Money
- Inventory
- MCMMO Stats

Vap_orWaveAleex wrote:My second question is that - are there any estimations or planned schedules for the server to actually reset?
In the past we have not published schedules regarding the reset dates. This is due to multiple factors, the primary three being:
- We have no control over when Spigot/Paper/Bukkit updates
- We have limited control over plugin compatibility and future updates
- Actual timing with human work-time (only Admins and myself can perform the update)'

This being said, rule of thumb is that when bukkit/spigot/paper update then chances are we'll be updated within that month (again provided our plugins are updated, spawn is complete, map has been pre-generated, etc.) I do not have an ETA at this current time for when 1.16 will be pushed to SMP.

Vap_orWaveAleex wrote:My final question concerns community involvement in the reset - a cool idea that I suggested was having the community help in building spawn, an activity which'd help bring the community together, and helping to build the shop, promos and other buildings of the sort if they are also to be changed. I was wondering whether you had anything like this planned or in mind as a potential idea, as it would be very, very interesting.
While we have had community involvement in the past with spawn/shop/promos buildings projects we do not have any current plans right now however this could change.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

1.16 Reset: Some Questions regarding the Reset + feel free to reply your questions here Empty Re: 1.16 Reset: Some Questions regarding the Reset + feel free to reply your questions here

Post by MrComicstudios 5/3/2020, 10:40 am

Hey, I've been working with a a friend on huge project. I had no idea of the full reset, and I do understand it, is there any chance we can get the map downloaded before the reset so we don't lose what we've been working the past months?

1.16 Reset: Some Questions regarding the Reset + feel free to reply your questions here Source
MrComicstudios
MrComicstudios
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Agwyn 5/3/2020, 9:00 pm

The map will be available for download on the forums after we finish the update to the new edition (so 1.15 -> 1.16). As we have traditionally done so in the past - so you will not lose what you have been working on per say, it will just be delayed for a while is all. You can find all the old maps here: http://oasis-mc.us/maps.html

Keep in mind however the download is single player, so if you wish to continue your project with your friend, you will have to host the map on your own.

If I can be of anymore assistance, please let me know!
Agwyn
Agwyn
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

1.16 Reset: Some Questions regarding the Reset + feel free to reply your questions here Empty :,(

Post by Akhav 6/17/2020, 8:38 pm

@Minecraft

Grab your most fireproof calendar, and start frantically circling June 23rd: the Nether Update starts rolling out on both Bedrock and Java.

https://www.windowscentral.com/nether-update-minecraft-bedrock-and-java-editions-releasing-june-23-2020
Akhav
Akhav
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

1.16 Reset: Some Questions regarding the Reset + feel free to reply your questions here Empty WHAT

Post by brickranger123 7/11/2021, 1:27 pm

Why am I in your signature? Ya'll weren't supposed to see that!
brickranger123
brickranger123
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down