MangoPlaysMC08
halycone
11 posters

Go down

Halycone's Oasian Application Empty Halycone's Oasian Application

Post by halycone 7/8/2021, 12:59 am

Minecraft username: [Donator]Halycone

How long have you been playing on THIS server?:

In terms of days since first joined, I think almost exactly 200 days.
In terms of game-time, way too much: 46.41 days (40.33 SMP, 6.08 SB)
In my defense, a lot of the hours were the result of tabbing in and out reading chat while doing homework.

How often do you plan on being on THIS server?:

As far as I can see, I'll be on the server.

Name any JrMods, Mods or Admins who would vouch for you (This means you actually have to ask them):

Asked Mods but they told me to answer with "N/A feel free to add them below" so,
N/A feel free to add them below

Why do you deserve Oasian status? What sets you apart from the other Trusted players?:

(TLDR at bottom)

I'm extremely active in the community, interact with almost everyone both on the server, on the discord, on voice chats, and across multiple time-zones (sadly). Apart from meeting people and chatting about things both on Oasis and non-Oasis related, I spend most of my time building with other people, serving as a building "consultant" (offer advice on builds), and debugging any redstone issue on the server.

On the surface level SMP aspect of Oasis, I am active in many large community builds including being a builder/co-owner of Tallowmore, which was the biggest town on the server in both population (50 something) and in sheer size/complexity. In Tallowmore, I also created the library system, keeping track of over 54 player original written pieces of literature (some more deserving of being described such than others). I am also a builder/co-owner of /warp store which serves as a player run store replacing /warp mall after Epiccx went offline. As a co-owner of two hugely interacted builds, I have been blessed to meet and make friends with so many wonderful people.

On the Skyblock side, as one of the early experienced players of Skyblock, I help a ton of people with early game or even late game progression, giving away free resources from my multitudes of farms or helping them with building or fixing their farms. My island warp, as far as I can tell, is the main and one of the only public warp on Skyblock for villager trading.

Apart from on Minecraft, I also do many things off Minecraft, such as compiling a absolutely insanely long encyclopedia of all the warps and notable builds on Oasis (36 pages) and writing programs to track player statistics that I haven't made public yet. On discord, apart from just hanging out with the wonderful community, I also help hammerz with daily fun facts on discord and help anyone who wants to try to improve their building or redstoning. 

Under the surface level, I also do whatever I can to improve the community. Although my prefix is still [Donator], through the generosity of ExtraSauce and _S0ph_, I am a 30 dollar donator and have the ability to tp. I am often the taxicab of the server, which like a real life taxi-driver, allows me to interact with all different members of the community and form connections. As a player, to some of the staff team's understanding annoyance, I also discover a lot of potential bugs and exploits and report them. Aside from finding bugs, my in-depth knowledge of game mechanics, Oasis specific or not, aids me in finding new mechanics for Oasis, including the possibility of secure effectively a banking or pegged secure item-currency system. 

I hope to be Oasian mostly because I think it will heavily aid me in building public builds. Going into 1.17, I hope to use my expertise with technical Minecraft and efficient farms to benefit the community as a whole. One of the main struggles in achieving that goal however, is the fact that it would take me an enormous time to build anything because of the lack of /i. A more selfish but equally important reason is that sculk sensors are unobtainable in vanilla survival without custom recipes and I would love to have access to them. 

Overall, I really pride myself on being non-discriminatory or elitist. I interact and help everyone with everything, ranging from the newest guests to staff of all ranks. If anyone needs help, whether it is something in-game or irl, I am always open to helping others and I have made numerous great friends on Oasis. I really do love the community and based on the amount of time I have and will put on Oasis, I hope I have and will make the community even better than what it already is.

TLDR: I have done a lot for the community

Thanks for reading!
    ~ [Donator]Halycone

By the way, sorry for writing like an actual resume. I'm writing one irl right now and am kind of in that groove

Last edited by halycone on 7/8/2021, 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar (debug -> debugging))
halycone
halycone
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Halycone's Oasian Application Empty Re: Halycone's Oasian Application

Post by MangoPlaysMC08 7/8/2021, 1:04 am

100% vouch for isaac halycone!
MangoPlaysMC08
MangoPlaysMC08
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger