[Mod] Espartemos' Long and Overdue Introduction! (Please Read All)

+13
Shnoork
Mity
TheFluffyKitsune
AlvinB
HealthMagazine
333DYNAMO333
bluespeedy11
LordTomenon
Bain
retkojy
OasisMaximus
Fithboy
Espartemos
17 posters

Go down

[Mod] Espartemos' Long and Overdue Introduction! (Please Read All) Empty [Mod] Espartemos' Long and Overdue Introduction! (Please Read All)

Post by Espartemos 7/8/2015, 2:17 am

MUST READ ALL TO UNDERSTAND 

Okay, so before I get into my life I must explain a few things that happened before I was born...so I will start with my Mother. My Mother was born in a small town called Carson City in the upper half of the Lower Peninsula of Michigan (United States). After attending The University of Chicago (for a liberal arts degree) she moved to California to work her dream job at The University of California Berkley. She later met my Father off of a Newspaper dating thingy (which I still don't understand). As for my Father, he was born in the Suburbs of Chicago where he grew up playing street football (soccer for us American's). He played everyday from dawn until dusk, and as anyone would that much practice would he became very good. He was offered to play for UCLA (a decent college football program in southern California) and started all four years he was there. After a decent career in college he was picked up by a small professional team in the Russian League. Unfortunately for him a few weeks before he was supposed to ship off to start work with his new team he was severely injured in a car accident leaving him unable to play the sport he loved for the rest of his life. So, realizing that he would no longer be able to play he decided to take a job as a insurance salesman in Sacramento California, where he met his first wife. They had two children together, a boy, Jason and a girl, Jennie (my half brother and sister) they split up 10 years after their youngest Jennie was born (That is all I really know about his life with his first wife). 2 years later my Father met my Mother and they started dating and eventually got married. 

On April 17 1996, my Mother gave birth to me, we lived in a nice house out in the country about an hour away from Sacramento. My Father who had been a huge alcoholic for a majority of the time after his accident promised that he would give up drinking so that he could be a good Father, he kept that promise all the way until I was four, when he broke. I remember him coming to pick me up from Daycare his breath smelled of Alcohol (which of course I didn't know at the time), he took me home and beat me (my Mother working a very long distance away was hardly ever home so I could not seek her protection).  This kind of treatment continued for the better half of the next 4 years (my Mother always believing the stories my Father had made up about the scars and bruises I had). My Life through those years was a living HELL, I would remember taking piles of any books I could get my hands on and hiding behind the water heater (so he could not find me) and reading until I thought he had left (which would sometimes be hours). I would spend as much time at school as I could as possible making up reasons I couldn't go home. Because of all the time I spent reading and at school I was able to learn things much faster than those my age, I was able to skip 3 grades in elementary school. Right around when I turned eight the beatings had turned into major physical abuse, a moment I will never forget is being held down on the floor while my father tested the sharpness of his homemade arrow heads on my bare back (he was a huge hunter) if they drew blood they were sharp enough to put on his arrows for hunting. To this day I still have scares on my back from where he would prick me with them. At this time in my life I was in middle school (with students who were 3-4 years older than I) and I was hated, everyone made fun of me because I was so young and because I still had not started puberty like they had. When I was ten my Grandmother (on my Mothers side discovered what had been happening to me for the past 6 years and she stepped in, forcing my mother to believe her. Soon after that my parents split up and my Mother and I moved into the town of Roseville California, where I met my current girlfriend of 6 years Carrie who just happened to be my neighbor (but we will get to her later). Life started to feel normal from that point on for about three years (at this time I was a 13 year old sophomore in high school who took nothing but AP classes well the rest of the people my age were just starting the eight grade) when one day when I was home alone I heard noises coming from downstairs, freaking out I ran to see what it was, through the window I saw my Father trying to break into our house. Out of all the things I had gone through in my life up to that point that was the most afraid I had ever been, I immediately called the police and ran out the back door. I later got a call from my mom saying the police had caught my Father and he was in jail (later determined he would serve 3 years). After that day my life continued to be as normal as it could be. At 16 I graduated High School as the top of my class with a 4.0 GPA and a 32 on the ACT. The following year I would attend Stanford University for my undergraduate, but because of all the AP classes I took in high school I was able to start college with the equivalent of two years worth of college credit. But along with the excitement of starting college I had the constant worry of my Father being released, but lucky for me to this day I have heard nothing of my Father (which I am very thankful of). Anyway after two years at Stanford and after receiving my bachelor's degree (me being 18) I decided to take my education all the way over to where my Mother was born (Michigan) and attend Michigan State University for my graduate work in Bio-Medical Engineering. To this day I still attend MSU and am one year into my graduate work (I still have 3 more years until I receive my doctorate)! 

This coming school year, my girlfriend is moving to Michigan to attend MSU after taking a year off of school to travel! Growing up I became very close to my neighbor until I finally got the courage to ask her out when I was 13...(lol I know I am a nerd) and I haven't gone a day since without talking to her (I might post a picture of us together idk)! Anyway about a month ago I joined Oasis and she is already telling me that it is an unhealthy addiction...to which I respond every time,  "And your addiction to Supernatural isn't?" But in truth it is all good fun! We get plenty of time together! Anyway enough of this relationship stuff! 

A lot of you who know me from inside of the world of Oasis may be wondering at this point, "with all this crap happening to me why am I always so happy or why am I so nice to everyone?"   Well, my goal in life is to be a better person than my Father ever was, I want to effect everyone's life in a positive way. I remember feeling so alone and friendless while I was going through these things, but I wouldn't tell anyone of my situation, because I didn't want to be judged or made fun off. You see, if I can make just one person who feels like I did feel different, I will be satisfied in life, I will know that I have made a positive influence in someones life. And to be completely honest, the thing that makes me happiest are people...people who are friendly, accepting, loving, and caring. I think that is why I am so addicted to Oasis! I thank all of those who have read through all of this, and I also want to thank everyone, past and present, who has played a part in making Oasis the greatest family I have ever had...and that is the TRUTH!

P.S. This is the first time I have openly shared my story with people so it was very difficult for me to write. I realize there are probably a load of errors, and I will try to fix them later on! It would also mean a lot to me if people who had something to say would do so in the form of a reply on this post! Also, I wish for this to be shared with everyone who is a part of the Oasis community so if you would please try to keep this going until everyone has had a chance to read it! 

Thank You So Much!
Espartemos 
Bailey Endres

Last edited by Espartemos on 4/19/2016, 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Espartemos
Espartemos
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

[Mod] Espartemos' Long and Overdue Introduction! (Please Read All) Empty Re: [Mod] Espartemos' Long and Overdue Introduction! (Please Read All)

Post by Fithboy 7/8/2015, 2:45 am

Espartamos wrote:my goal in life is to be a better person than my Father ever was

You could be the Grinch and you'd still achieve that goal. That was a really awesome read and I hope we can bring you happiness too!
Fithboy
Fithboy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/xxXDennoXxx/

Back to top Go down

[Mod] Espartemos' Long and Overdue Introduction! (Please Read All) Empty Re: [Mod] Espartemos' Long and Overdue Introduction! (Please Read All)

Post by OasisMaximus 7/8/2015, 5:55 am

That is quite a story... I'm glad to hear and experience you being happy, even after all of this! I'm so happy you're part of the community, and hope to see you around for many many years!
OasisMaximus
OasisMaximus
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by retkojy 7/8/2015, 6:43 am

i feel bad for you, but your one of the nicest people on the server. and I wish you the best!

retkojy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Bain 7/8/2015, 7:50 am

That's probably the deepest introduction I've ever read, I'm glad your life is normal again!
Bain
Bain
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTomenon 7/8/2015, 8:11 am

Everyone has a story, a life, whether it be good or not so good. It takes someone with an outstanding personality and a great heart to decide not to let their past shape then into a terrible person. Oasis is filled with many such players, and we have gained another in you :) Welcome to Oasis.
LordTomenon
LordTomenon
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

[Mod] Espartemos' Long and Overdue Introduction! (Please Read All) Empty i feel sad for u

Post by bluespeedy11 7/8/2015, 10:26 am

did your father really beat u did your parents get divorced

bluespeedy11
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Espartemos 7/8/2015, 11:00 am

Not sure what you are asking there Blue...but from what I can tell those are two separate questions. Yes, my Father beat me through out my life until my Mother and I moved away when they got divorced. Hope this answers your question.
Espartemos
Espartemos
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

[Mod] Espartemos' Long and Overdue Introduction! (Please Read All) Empty yes

Post by bluespeedy11 7/8/2015, 12:25 pm

u answerd my question

bluespeedy11
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 333DYNAMO333 7/8/2015, 1:08 pm

Daang, few things. 

Your name, in game and out of game, awesome.

Testing arrowheads on your back is screwed up.

I kind of want to tell my story bout my life, after the case is finished I may.

Good luck!

-Happy Hunting

-333DYNAMO333

333DYNAMO333
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by HealthMagazine 7/8/2015, 2:23 pm

Wow this story was very intersting. You are amazingly smart, Im so happy that you turned out who you did. that you didnt do the things normal people would, turning to the bad people. This story makes me have so much respect for you! Thank you for posting this!
HealthMagazine
HealthMagazine
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by AlvinB 7/8/2015, 5:12 pm

I admire that you dare to post this here. A BIG WELCOME to you, its also great that you found your place in the community so quickly. Hope you stay here for some time!
AlvinB
AlvinB
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFluffyKitsune 7/8/2015, 5:40 pm

Like Alvin, I really admire at how you were brave enough to post something like that to people like us. It shows how much you trust us and we're all grateful for that. 

Despite the bad childhood you had and the scars, physically and mentally, that it had left behind, I hope that I and the rest of the entire community will never ever give you any other kind of scar, and that we'll be as nice to you as you are to us. 

I know you were heavily greeted upon entering the server, but it's long past time for me to say something like this to you:

WELCOME TO THE OASIAN FAMILY!
TheFluffyKitsune
TheFluffyKitsune
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Mity 7/8/2015, 11:58 pm

You're very brave to share your story with us. I'm glad that you trust us enough to share it. From what I've read, I'm really proud of you for being strong and superbly smart. It's good to get to know you, Welcome to the Oasis family! Like what Xbox said, we will always have your back
Mity
Mity
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

http://mitychan.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 7/9/2015, 12:13 am

I have to admit, when I started to read this I couldnt help but think "Oh god, is this going to be like Forrest Gump? I dont want to read someones life story." After reading I cant help but feel like a piece of shit. (Not your goal, of course)

I must say, Im very glad you're here. Im glad that Oasis has one more person who calls it home. Im glad that you have taken it upon yourself to shape your life as you see fit and not let the past define you. Above all, Im glad that you took the time to write this out and share with us here. What you've done takes alot.

Welcome to the server, champ. Glad PROUD you're with us.

One more thing. I assume, based on your scholarly background, you have some writing skills. PLEASE STAY ON THE FORUMS WITH ME GOD ITS SO LONELY
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 7/9/2015, 3:10 pm

Dude, reading your life was like taking a walk in my own again. I too grew up with an alcoholic and abusive father. Tho not as bad as yours, but enough to know I get your pain.

I can totally man. Well not totally, i didnt complete college or skipped grades. I had a reading disability that slowed me down, and unfortunately all school work requires reading. That and once I was able to adapt to it, I started to realize I was smarter than I had previously thought, and yeah i didnt get better, i just got bored....lol. Almost failed a grade in high school.

But enough of me. Like Wow dude. Brings the tears man..... Crying or Very sad
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Espartemos 1/12/2016, 6:15 pm

With the drastic increase in new players on the server, I have decided to bump this.
Espartemos
Espartemos
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by merdauk 2/28/2016, 3:00 am

Your life story is truly amazing and inspiring. You deserve a major respect. I'm really glad that you shared this. Thank you!
merdauk
merdauk
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by purplert 2/28/2016, 1:37 pm

Holy shit dude, basically what pax said, but man that hits deep, and your a better person b/c of it. <3
purplert
purplert
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedibob26 2/28/2016, 4:31 pm

That story was amazing esp put the pass behind ya and move forward m8
<3 bounce Wink
Jedibob26
Jedibob26
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Espartemos 5/31/2016, 9:35 pm

With all the new players, I am going to bump this so ya'll can get to know me.
Espartemos
Espartemos
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down