The racehorse description thread (PLEASE READ)

Go down

The racehorse description thread (PLEASE READ) Empty The racehorse description thread (PLEASE READ)

Post by ThunderHorse 11/2/2014, 8:02 pm

Now that racehorse has its own special section on the forums (whoever created this Thanks so much, this means a lot that something so personal got this its own section on the forums) 

So I would like to reveal the reason for why I made racehorse and why it means so much to me

(This only took 10 minutes, the original typing took 5 hours but was lost when my iPad glitched and deleted it all)

It all started back in the 1950s or 1960s. My grandmother used to square dance on a horse's back and raced them from time to time. She did this until the 1980s or 1990s when she switched to rescuing greyhounds from tracks around North America. They way these dogs were treated really offended her as she was also a professional dog trainer. She joined a greyhound rescue group based out of Michigan and started heading to greyhound race tracks all over the U.S. She watched races then after they finished she would take the losers, who the owners would often kill to keep them from losing more money then they already did, and bring them back to Michigan to adopt them out. Anyway it was about 4 years ago when she was diagnosed with melanoma cancer at its highest stage. Doctors said she would not make it past 6 months but she ended up making it another year and a half past that until she was no longer able to fight the cancer and lost the battle with it in november of 2012. 

For years racing has been a part of my family for as long as I can remember so I decided to build racehorse. I was going to start building it during 1.6 but before i was able to finish it we switched to the 1.7 temp map and I had to go inactive because my mother got cancer and we had to deal with that. When I was able to rejoin oasis it was around a week or two into the 1.7 perm map and I was able to find a good spot and I started building. I was only planning on making it 1 track but as you can see it has evolved into Oasis's most favorite event hosted by Non-staff so more tracks were made and it just keeps getting bigger every day.

Racehorse 1.8 is going to be a lot better I can promise everyone that

I want to thank everyone and not just the racehorse staff but everyone for all the support and always showing up for the tournaments. Its all this support that keeps racehorse and the memories of my grandmother alive

Last edited by ThunderTheW0lf on 11/3/2014, 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling errors)
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down