Fithboy
King Kiashi
9 posters

Go down

Gaming Discussion Thread Empty Gaming Discussion Thread

Post by King Kiashi 9/1/2014, 12:30 am

Gaming Discussion Thread Shadow-of-The-Colossus-1080p-Kuromori-8
GAMING DISCUSSION THREAD *

Hello everyone. I assume that with our primary focus being Minecraft that there may potentially be a decent amount of gamers amongst our ranks. Therefore, I see it fitting to have a discussion thread in which we can discuss our favorite games and the things we've played. You know, have a place people could congregate and express our adventures in the realms of virtual reality. So if you're game, come on up and party with me~!

Thread Rules
All Oasis rules apply.
* No console wars allowed. Let's just say all consoles are equal in that we can all play games on them, and appreciate that fact.
* Be kind, polite, respectful, and tolerant.
* Put spoilers in spoiler tags. You can discuss the plot of games, but don't spoil major events like character deaths or shocking/major developments.

The header image is from Shadow of the Colossus. The monster is the eighth colossus, Kurogumi.
I'll start the discussion in the next post.

Last edited by King Kiashi on 9/1/2014, 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
King Kiashi
King Kiashi
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Gaming Discussion Thread Empty Re: Gaming Discussion Thread

Post by King Kiashi 9/1/2014, 12:31 am

I’ll start with myself, first. I’ve been playing videogames since I was a toddler pretty much. My family had a Playstation 1 that my older brother and I partied on, then we both received Playstation 2s when we were a bit older (not sure how old, still a little youthling pretty much, since I do have a picture of toddler me holding a Playstation 2 controller while intently staring at  the TV screen). Later on, my brother got a Playstation 3 not too long after that came out, but I only got a Playstation 3 two years ago… I had to save up money from birthdays and Christmases for years… then the Playstation 4 came out -sob- My brother got that right when it released, but I don’t have one yet -shrug-

Anyways, so I’m a Playstation goer. Those are the only gaming platforms I’ve ever really played much on, honestly. I have around eighty something PS2/PS1 games combined (mostly PS2), though there’s a decent number I didn’t manage to beat ;-;. Some of my childhood favorites are the Spyro series, Crash Bandicoot, series, and the Ratchet and Clank series particularly. I also did play through the whole Legend of Spyro trilogy (and beat all of them! A miracle! Freaking Eternal Night was HARD. And Dawn of the Dragon could be too!) I also have the whole Jak and Daxter trilogy, though I don’t think I managed to finish any of them unfortunately. Did get pretty far though.

More recently, I’ve played Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, and Final Fantasy XIII. As well as Shadow of the Colossus (a game I got two years ago, only recently picked it back up after not playing it for two years. I finally beat Kurogumi (the colossus pictured above) after all these years!). I’ve also played Skyrim, Oblivion, and Fallout 3. I’ve kind of played a bit of some other PS3 games but never got too far in them -shrug- I did play some Assasian Creed 3 a year and a half ago though. My brother mostly shares his PS3 games with me -shrug- but I’ve gotten some myself.

This summer I mostly played Final Fantasy XIII and Fallout 3. I got stuck on Barthandelous in FFXIII ;-; and I think I was close to the end, too. Been awhile since I beat a game. I’m not very far in Fallout 3 but I’ve been having fun with it. Though the feral ghouls scare me half to death and have me backing up firing my gun like crazy saying “DIE DIE DIE BACK AWAY BACK AWAY GET AWAY FROM ME NO NO NO” since they look like hideous zombies and they charge so fast at you and JUMP ON YOU. So when I run out of Action points that’s what I do.

I didn’t finish the other two Final Fantasies either. Final Fantasy X had a nice story but the constant battling every step you take kind of wore me down, so when I hit this big desert area I kind of melted. And FFXII was fun but I got stuck on the wall >_> like, the wall in that temple that smashes you against the door. I know it’s shippable but I WANTED TO BEAT IT. Also did not understand the story very well. Combat system was fun though. I like FFXIII story the best though, and the linearity doesn’t bother me.

RPGs are my favorites (open world, story-oriented, whatever) but I do like story-oriented ones the best (with a decent bit of freedom). I like stories really, so that’s what makes a game for me. I’m fine with plenty of other genres too, but fantasy is a favorite of mine. I don’t mind platform games, shooters, whatever. However, I don’t like war games too much. I found Call of Duty to be pretty boring with the little I played of it (but I don’t like war stories and just running around killing people lacks substance to me -shrug-) So, I never really gravitated towards those types of things but I’ve played some.

Alright, I should stop rambling now. What kind of games do you guys enjoy? I have so many I’ve played that this is just some of my particular favorites.
King Kiashi
King Kiashi
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy 9/1/2014, 3:49 am

I've played Minecraft everyday for the past 3 years. I guess I used to play AoE II before that, and I play Pokémon when I'm not in the house.
Fithboy
Fithboy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/xxXDennoXxx/

Back to top Go down

Post by pokekid3847 9/1/2014, 7:05 am

I play Minecraft, Counter Strike and Osu regularly (and pretty much exclusively).
I might play some more rpgs soon though.
Steam
Osu
pokekid3847
pokekid3847
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/ivyious

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 9/1/2014, 1:04 pm

Let's actually have a discussion about video games instead of just listing what we play.

Spec Ops: The Line. It's a fps, but its campaign is where it really shines. It's a series of mindf*cks and tongue-in-cheek criticism of War and modern war games. It plays like a normal CoD game, unless you think, and that's what the game is about. You command a squad of delta squad operatives working as a rescue mission in the ruined city of Dubai. There's a number of different forces at work in the city, and those that may seem good at first aren't necessarily so. Even the protagonists in the squad aren't necessarily the "good guys".

All in all, its a war game that's about more than just war, or even the game. Definitely worth the money.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake 9/1/2014, 2:07 pm

MineCraft
I play because I love the Sandbox build anything you want type of games.
Its online and Oasis is a amazing server to play on. 

Borderlands 2
So this is one of my fave games besides MC. 
I love the humor in playing all the one liners are awesome. 
The cartoony graphics don't even bug me.I really like that I can upgrade my look while playing as well. 
Most fps's don't do it for me, but this one is great.

Portal 1&2
So I love puzzles, and this one brought out some super fun puzzles and a nifty little story line that I adore.
Plus who can not love the turrets. 
"I'm different"<3

Sims 3
Ok so this is my ultimate guilty pleasure. 
I love building in it but I also like playing. 
Its fun sand box game and I really can't wait til Tomorrow for the release of Sims 4 :3

I also like games like Civ5 and Godus,
Something about Building cities does it for me gaming wise.
 I tried a simcity demo and really really want to buy it. 
Cupcake
Cupcake
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by commander_chair 9/1/2014, 2:53 pm

I like to play the games that are fun.
commander_chair
commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by robbie291 9/1/2014, 3:21 pm

I used to play all kinds of games. But the only game i really play anymore is Minecraft and occasionally I will play a sports game.(football/baseball etc.)
robbie291
robbie291
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by King Kiashi 9/1/2014, 3:23 pm

@Mickdude: That game sounds interesting actually. I've always liked games that required strategy and thinking instead of just running in and butting heads. I can do hack and slash though if it has something else to give it substance. It makes me think of this great war game I played that I can't remember the name of, augh... (wasn't even really typical war game, you were a soldier and you could drive around the map completing missions for people, battling enemies, sneaking into enemy bases, and missions and things and it was pretty fun. Will have to do a bit of hunting to remember).

EDIT: I JUST REMEMBERED! It was Mercenaries! You were a mercenary, not a soldier. Free-roaming bounty hunting.

Which now reminds me of Splinter Cell (a game I unfortunately only got to play a bit of) and Metal Gear Solid 3 (didn't get very far in that either). They were stealth games, which is a genre I really like, but haven't gotten to play much of.

@CaptnCupcake: I've played Borderlands 2 before! :O I didn't get very far in it but I found it to be pretty fun. I mostly use it as a game to play with friends on the rare occasions they come over (but she wasn't a gamer and so would forget all the controls ;-;) I liked the graphics style really; with some games it gives it a nice atmosphere. The cartoony graphics were nice in the more anime-esque ones particularly (or the classics). The humor was pretty good too =3.

And I've heard of Portal a lot but never played the game; puzzles can be fun though. Sometimes they aggravate me enough to get a guide though >_> In FFX the temples you had to go to had these super hard puzzles and I would get a ways' with them sometimes but then get totally stuck o_o.

@Fith What does AoE II stand for? I feel like I've seen that acronym around.
--
I've always wanted to play Bully, which is pretty much the child version of Grand Theft Auto (you're a bully, jacking bikes and getting into fights I think. Or a kid who was bullied; I don't remember. Definitely mutual bullying though). I watched my brother play it; it has an really interesting plot, but my mother refused to let me have it two years ago when I asked for Christmas because she didn't like the game. Which annoys me. I was thirteen then, and it's not even mature? jeez. She also didn't like Destroy All Humans! and made me plug the headphones into the TV when I played it. >_>
King Kiashi
King Kiashi
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Gaming Discussion Thread Empty gaming thread

Post by retkojy 9/1/2014, 4:39 pm

I like video games lol

retkojy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by flomzilla 9/2/2014, 7:11 am

ArmA 2 and ArmA 3. And minecraft. I like playing the campaigns of a lot of FPS's but the multiplayer and communities of those games are what I keep coming back to.
flomzilla
flomzilla
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down