dtfgator
Kingnothing_01
acsempronio
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Unpleasant Staff Empty Unpleasant Staff

Post by acsempronio 9/10/2011, 2:57 am

Some of the staff are [still] unpleasant.
They know who they are.

Most aren't though.

That is all.

acsempronio
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Unpleasant Staff Empty Re: Unpleasant Staff

Post by Kingnothing_01 9/10/2011, 2:59 am

How about you make an accentual post instead of whining about how i wanted you to do something by yourself rather than using me for my world editing powers.
Kingnothing_01
Kingnothing_01
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

http://TheAmazingBrandO.com

Back to top Go down

Post by acsempronio 9/10/2011, 4:44 am

Me: [logged on to see who was on]
Me: [noticed and Admin online]
Me: Would you mind helping me with a world edit?
Admin: No
Me: [typing thanks]
You: Some hard work and dedication may help
Me: [backspacing]
Me: So you won't mind helping?
Admin: Do it yourself
Me: That was unpleasant [logged off]

That was the exchange that prompted this post. That was the exchange between KingNothing_01 and I. It was unpleasant. It was unpleasant because KingNothing_01 strikes me as an unpleasant, unhappy little boy. When I see his name I imagine a sad face; that is my impression of him.

I made a statement about how some of the staff (you) are still unpleasant after my hiatus from a few months ago when some of the staff (you) were unpleasant. My interactions inside the server, with the exception of some (you) are very pleasant; an atmosphere I would describe as helpful, civil, social, and generally good-spirited; an atmosphere fostered by your peers. You have a tendency to have a chilling effect on that atmosphere; you drive down the civility, helpfulness, and good spirits within.

I wasn't "whining about how [you] wanted [me] to do something by [myself] rather than using [you] for [your] world editing powers." YOU made a snide and curt comment that insisted YOU wouldn't use your world editing powers and insinuated that I was lazy and/or impatient. You don't even know the scope or variety of world editing I was requesting. A simple query of "what is it that you need done" or something to that effect would have probably steered the conversation in a more civil manner. As it stands, no such query was made, no information was exchanged, and no help was rendered; the status quo in KingNothing_01's inter-person server interactions was maintained.

You are an admin. You are blessed with a higher level of authority within the server than most others. That authority is granted by the owner and bestows certain powers upon you. Powers that come with a contract of responsibilities to, among other things, maintain good order within the server and help other players. That contract of powers and responsibilities puts you in a position to represent the server's best interests, however I can say that you are not representing the server's best interests since you are a minority among your peers and your actions drive in opposition to the actions your peers take.

I hope you find this more accentual; I don't think I can make it any more pointed. Additionally I hope you find whatever malady troubles you and that you counter it soon as it is blemishing what should be a good gaming experience for yourself.

Sincerely

acsempronio
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 9/10/2011, 10:16 am

Staff are not required to world edit for people. In fact, staff generally _shouldn't_ worldedit for people because it takes away from the survival aspect of the server.
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Roboterlein 9/10/2011, 10:40 am

^^ Agreed.

Oasis SMP is a heavily-modded, survival-oriented server. SMP = Survival Multi-Player.

Those with the ability to bypass the survival aspect of the server have earned those rights through donations, dedications, and time time time. Even then, with those abilities, many of them still choose to play 'legit'.

As upset as you may be about not getting your way, please understand and respect the server, its rules, the community we've built and the players who inhabit it.
Roboterlein
Roboterlein
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by acsempronio 9/10/2011, 1:56 pm

Colleagues,

I'm not upset about not getting my way. Please don't paint me as a whiny child. It wasn't the fact that he didn't do it or even didn't want to; it was his snide way of saying no coupled with his complete lack of civility in the past. I'm upset with his general attitude about other players. This was just another example. I know he doesn't have to help. But he doesn't have to be a dick about not helping either.

My respect for the server and its rules aren't in question and while my opinion may not paint a respectful attitude towards him, it's my opinion and it stands. I make no apologies for it.

As this is a rant/rave thread, we should leave it as is. Let's try not to turn this into a debate.

acsempronio
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by sirporkrind 9/10/2011, 2:41 pm

First off maybe we should make a rule that says "Staff are not allowed to World Edit anythings for other non-staff members" That way we don't have this problem in the future. Secondly I can see where acs is coming from. Since he is a donator he should be our first priority to help (not saying that that means we should just WE for donators) and the as staff it is our jobs to treat donators respectfully at all times, no matter how we feel about them. Just my thoughts

sirporkrind
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 9/10/2011, 2:43 pm

I don't want to contradict you pork, but technically donators should be treated just like other players. Yes we are grateful for their money, but our gratitude is shown to them by all the cool perks they get, not by catering to them 24/7. All players on oasis should be treated the same – respectfully, but the same.
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce 9/10/2011, 2:50 pm

dtfgator wrote:I don't want to contradict you pork, but technically donators should be treated just like other players. Yes we are grateful for their money, but our gratitude is shown to them by all the cool perks they get, not by catering to them 24/7. All players on oasis should be treated the same – respectfully, but the same.

Wise Words you say. And i totally agree with you.

Also, the staff always help you, not only by WorldEdit, but with everything, and get mad with them, if you didn't like them, the server would be dead. They make the decision for us, they are our voice, and we are the brain.
ExtraSauce
ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by WesleyMD 9/10/2011, 3:24 pm

I'm pretty sure this whole thing isn't about the fact that he's a donator, nor worldedit, it's about the fact that Josh was rude to him, donator or not, it shouldn't have happened, and everything should have been a simple chill, "No, sorry." "Oh, ok." not "DO WORK SON FUCKN$EWT)OINER)REOTYIN"
WesleyMD
WesleyMD
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH 9/10/2011, 3:31 pm

WesleyMD wrote: FUCKN$EWT)OINER)REOTYIN

I took the liberty of using an anagram solver to unscramble your letter spam here.
Turns out that it's a hidden message:
(Counterfeit)$

That's right, Counterfeit Money.
Wesley is running a multi-million dollar Counterfeit scheme.
And using these forums to inform his partners in crime.
Using these "random" letter spams, he is able to relay messages to his people.
Naughty Wesley!

ChaosTheoryJRH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by WesleyMD 9/10/2011, 3:53 pm

ChaosTheoryJRH wrote:
WesleyMD wrote: FUCKN$EWT)OINER)REOTYIN

I took the liberty of using an anagram solver to unscramble your letter spam here.
Turns out that it's a hidden message:
(Counterfeit)$

That's right, Counterfeit Money.
Wesley is running a multi-million dollar Counterfeit scheme.
And using these forums to inform his partners in crime.
Using these "random" letter spams, he is able to relay messages to his people.
Naughty Wesley!

Don't tell the authority's, I'll pay you off.
WesleyMD
WesleyMD
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by acsempronio 9/10/2011, 4:05 pm

Wesley is correct. It was simply the attitude, nothing more.

I dug the 25x25 room out today. I'm not unwilling to do the work, it's just that if I can get someone with the ability to do it in seconds, I'm going to ask. Especially if the task is mundane.

In regards to world edits in general, though, there are things that simply are just easier with world edits... namely spheres. Those things are a real bitch to make by hand.

Chaos had been helping me build something earlier this week. IN fact he did almost all the building because it was all world edits. And Chaos, I am grateful for the time.

I usually do the building myself, but the stuff Chaos was doing was building some ideas I had and I needed to see them quickly. Since I know that the map is changing soon... I wanted to as little mucking in the new one as possible. These were all underground too, hence the world edit help. Everyone knows how I hate shitty shit on the surface.

Also, Chaos, don't let Wesley pay you, he screwed me big time in a land grab deal that went south. Short story, there were secret service agents, rubber gloves and a short bald man smiling at me.

acsempronio
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by MarviNacho 9/10/2011, 4:12 pm

The smiling bald men are the most dangerous things that could ever happen to your butt.
MarviNacho
MarviNacho
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by WesleyMD 9/10/2011, 4:48 pm

I guess the Jig is up.
WesleyMD
WesleyMD
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingnothing_01 9/14/2011, 7:52 pm

After reading this post i would like to say I understand where you are coming from acse, but look at this situation in my perspective. I have been asked to do world edit for people thousands of times before, and these requests asked by the people of oasis becomes quite annoying. The response i sent to you would be a basic response i would give to any other member on oasis. I did not use any obscenities or anything to make you feel bad, in fact, one can not feel bad without one's consent first. If i did make you feel bad for some reason then i apologize, but you do not have leave oasis and make a post about the staff like this just because i did not do a simple task easily accomplished by someone to your standards. Upon reading your post on how you imagine a kid frowning, well you basically nailed that part quite well as i do frown often. The part about me casting a chilling effect on the server may be true, but I do think myself as somewhat pessimistic in a sense. One final note i would like to add, the part where you stated I was blessed with the powers no others has i believe is a bunch o' bull crap. This is not medieval times. I do not think i was blessed similar to the divine right of kings. Staff work is more like i volunteered to do work for oasis not I have super power and I am blessed with them. If I chose to, I could step down from my staff rank at any given time. The only reason I came on this server was to have fun with my friend and my twin brother. I do completely understand I may have approached the conversation rather negatively, and I do have long stressful days in which i may be a little more irate than usual due to school and early morning marching band practice. Overall, I do apologize for any inconveniences i bestowed upon you.
Kingnothing_01
Kingnothing_01
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by saeTan 9/14/2011, 8:51 pm

Hey josh, can you get my groceries for me? And maybe do my laundry? In return, you can pay me $10 each hour you work.
saeTan
saeTan
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by acsempronio 9/15/2011, 12:12 pm

King: I jumped on to see who was on. A WE player was in (you) I asked, the rest was history. I didn't get off for the sole purpose of writing here... Had you been less unpleasant, I would have simply logged off. The work was something that I was willing to do. but I wasn't willing to do it right then and there; if a friendly world editor was willing to save me the 30-60 min it would have taken, then that would have saved me the time that I would have applied to it later.

SaeTan: WTF?

acsempronio
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingnothing_01 9/15/2011, 9:24 pm

acsempronio wrote:King: I jumped on to see who was on. A WE player was in (you) I asked, the rest was history. I didn't get off for the sole purpose of writing here... Had you been less unpleasant, I would have simply logged off. The work was something that I was willing to do. but I wasn't willing to do it right then and there; if a friendly world editor was willing to save me the 30-60 min it would have taken, then that would have saved me the time that I would have applied to it later.

SaeTan: WTF?

This is a survival server; I expect players to SURVIVE.
Kingnothing_01
Kingnothing_01
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 9/18/2011, 12:09 am

The fact of the matter is that he isn't angry because you said no, he is upset with the way you said it. Let's just all try to be polite to other members. Thanks.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by WesleyMD 9/18/2011, 12:59 am

Unpleasant Staff Engrish-funny-shamu-nooooo
WesleyMD
WesleyMD
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by BananaFuton 9/18/2011, 5:29 am

Would it be possible to get a sage function for this forum. I don't want 10 day old admin-aboos threads popping up in my Latest Topics. Crap like this is the reason I'm not active on the forums.

Edit: Perhaps not including the Rants/Raves section in the latest topics would suffice

BananaFuton
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle 9/18/2011, 10:30 am

BananaFuton wrote:Would it be possible to get a sage function for this forum. I don't want 10 day old admin-aboos threads popping up in my Latest Topics. Crap like this is the reason I'm not active on the forums.

Edit: Perhaps not including the Rants/Raves section in the latest topics would suffice
This is a forum, learn to live with it.
Leagle
Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by BananaFuton 9/18/2011, 3:44 pm

This is a forum, learn to live with it.

First off, this is irony at its best. Intentional or otherwise your shenanigans caused me a good two minutes of laughter. You are either an idiot or very clever.

On a more serious note. You seem to be implying that forums are inherently made of low quality, whiny, bullshit across the internet. You are sadly misinformed. In fact the very first forums were places to discuss political change, economics, progress, and the very nature of existence. Low quality forums only exist when the people in charge (you) permit low quality material to exist along side quality ideas and discussion. The former receive a sort of ethos slide from the ideas around them and trick the unsuspecting user into reading drivel. I see no reason to allow this on our forum.

I understand any forum moderator's unwillingness to censor someone and I don't think deleting threads most people have deemed stupid would be to our benefit. Most decent forums contain a "Trash Heap" section where material such as this would go after a certain amount of time. In fact, I have long considered this section to be just that. The problem arises when It gets put side by side with actual content such as "1.8 Stronghold Found" and " Shops: Pricing and Wares throughout Oasis" and I once again click into a hurricane of typing errors and egos. Its stupid that we should have to sort through banned notices and rants to find out what is going on with the server.

In the end you are at least right in part. This kind of thread is the state of the Oasis SMP forums. I think I'd prefer to live without them however. To anyone else that gets caught in the hurricane, please let me know if anything newsworthy ever happens here.

BananaFuton
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Roboterlein 9/18/2011, 6:07 pm

Alright, Banana, I'm just going step out on a limb here and say it:

You're coming across as an ass.

This might not be, but unless you change how you address people, as though they're all beneath you because of your almighty knowledge and wisdom and understanding of all things that are, then you're probably not going to get very far.

As a matter of fact, I actually have taken into account the point you're trying to make. Many times have I attempted to find something on this forum but have been forced to shift through crap. Regardless of how valid your point is, stop being an ass.
Roboterlein
Roboterlein
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next