Need staff on more often

+2
mickdude2
Loafozard*
6 posters

Go down

Need staff on more often Empty Need staff on more often

Post by Loafozard* 5/24/2012, 8:13 pm

so right now as i am writing this there is a major problem with griefers and rule breakers yet there are no staff to be seen. this has been a problem for the past few days during the week and it usually occurs between 5-7 pm central time. i was wondering if there was anything we could do to fix this, or just reach out and get more staff who can monitor the server more often

Loafozard*
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Need staff on more often Empty Re: Need staff on more often

Post by mickdude2 5/24/2012, 8:51 pm

Screenshot. Post. Repeat as needed.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 5/24/2012, 10:56 pm

It's hard to have staff on 24/7. People can't be promoted to staff purely because they happen to play at a certain time, people are only promoted to staff if the existing staff believes them to be a good candidate for the position. I don't think there is much anyone can do to help this kind of thing, other than reporting it all to staff members when they do log in so that they can repair the damage.
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by vampiresfire 5/24/2012, 11:30 pm

If only there was someone who was online when other staff are offline and also had a guide application up.

https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t6547-vampiresfire-s-guide-application
Blatant Plug =)
vampiresfire
vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 5/24/2012, 11:41 pm

vampiresfire wrote:If only there was someone who was online when other staff are offline and also had a guide application up.

https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t6547-vampiresfire-s-guide-application
Blatant Plug =)

Ha.

Also, it's hard to have a staff member on at all times when there's only like 15 of us and 1/3 of them are inactive. I'm sure they have their reasons, but it's still hard to get many on. We already know this is a problem, trust me, i've brought it up more than my share of times, but we'll try to solve the problem. Thanks for the concern though.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Davidmich 5/25/2012, 4:10 am

We try our best to be on as much as possible. Some staff, including myself have education commitments, and/or careers. My workload varies from week to week, and I work weird hours. Most of my time on the server is now, during the overnight, and sometimes in the early afternoon before I head to work.

If you encounter griefers, take screenshots, post them, get their names! We will ban them!

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by vampiresfire 5/25/2012, 5:04 am

Davidmich wrote:We try our best to be on as much as possible. Some staff, including myself have education commitments, and/or careers. My workload varies from week to week, and I work weird hours. Most of my time on the server is now, during the overnight, and sometimes in the early afternoon before I head to work.

If you encounter griefers, take screenshots, post them, get their names! We will ban them!

Perfectly understandable but are non staff allowed to use LB for that purpose or can we only take action when we see it happen.
vampiresfire
vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down