How to Properly Use /report

5 posters

Go down

How to Properly Use /report Empty How to Properly Use /report

Post by Robleto 12/26/2017, 4:03 am

Hey everyone! I check reports daily on the server and it is obvious that most players do not know how to use /report correctly in-game and it is quite frustrating and annoying to deal with. So I'm making this post to inform you all on how /report is supposed to be used to make it easier for us on solving problems on the server. 

First of all, most players' reports don't explain or tell us at all where the grief took place or what the player actually did, mainly because most players just put an ign without an explanation. For example:

• /report xxgrieferxx
  • /report xxgrieferxx griefs

This doesn't tell us at all what the player did or where they griefed! Stand and look at the location of where the grief took place, do /report and explain in detail of what is missing or what was taken (if you know the ign or who did it, that helps as well). If you don't stand at the location of the grief, it makes it a lot harder for us to find out where the grief was, where to look, and who griefed. Examples of good reports of griefs:

•  /report (block names) are missing here and along the water
  • /report Someone broke into my house and (blocks) are missing here
  • /report There are missing items in my chests. I looked around to see if I misplaced them but they are nowhere to be found.
  • /report Someone completely destroyed this warp/my house
  • /report Someone made a trap

Make sure you ARE AT the place that was griefed. Make a few reports of what was griefed if they are far apart or not near each other. For example, someone broke your lamp outside your home and broke an end chest in your basement or broke a door at another one of your houses at your town. If its just one block missing, don't overreact and freak out. It'll make you seem obnoxious. Nobody likes obnoxious on anyone or anything. cough Just be calm and we'll replace what is missing. 

If a player is harassing you, spamming, or saying terrible things in chat, do: 

• /report (username) is harassing players and will not stop (screenshot)
  • /report (username) is saying some horrible remarks in chat! (screenshot)
  • /report (username) is trolling (screenshot)

You can also @SMP staff in the Oasis discord if you need immediate help with a spammer/troller in chat.

Do not abuse /report and send the same reports multiple times. There will be consequences. Always make a /report if you need help with anything mentioned above IF there isn't a staff member online. If its been over a day or its been days since you made your report about a grief and a staff member hasn't fixed it (God forbid), then feel free to @SMP staff in discord. 

Thanks for reading. Hopefully, you all know how to make a /report in-game now and can make reports that will make it better and easier for not only staff but also for you so that your homes and warps are fixed and your items are replaced. Thanks again!

Special thanks to Emna for helping me make this post! <3
Robleto
Robleto
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

How to Properly Use /report Empty Re: How to Properly Use /report

Post by 2015delta 12/27/2017, 1:59 pm

I think I only reported someone like once using /report, but I'll be sure to keep this in mind :D
2015delta
2015delta
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 12/27/2017, 5:15 pm

This is actually really important, because when /reports are not used proper, it's a huge waste of the staff's time, not to mention that the original thing that was reported may go unfixed/unsolved.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by JinxisJinxed 12/28/2017, 1:28 pm

Thanks Robleto! This helps so much. I know I personally have only put a name once or twice so having it here, clear as day, is great.
JinxisJinxed
JinxisJinxed
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 12/28/2017, 11:05 pm

Good to see this posted. I never personally had issues with figuring it out but newer players or older returning players seem to have issues with it.
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down