hog02
69 posters

Page 18 of 35 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 35  Next

Go down

ABOVE ME, ME, BLOW ME - Page 18 Empty Re: ABOVE ME, ME, BLOW ME

Post by shadeyghost 8/21/2017, 1:37 pm

^ 5, went to sleep at 7 am and woke up at noon
< ECLIIIIIIIIIPSE
V Are you gonna/have you stared at the sun today?
shadeyghost
shadeyghost
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyedon 8/21/2017, 2:32 pm

^ Nope, its not visible from the Netherlands. I'm watching Nasa's Twitch stream tho, looks pretty cool!

< The next eclipse that will be visible from the Netherlands will be at the 7th of October 2135. Thats 118 years from now! I would be 139 years old by then. So yeah, no eclipse for me :( 

V Do you Praise The Sun? \[T]/
Cyedon
Cyedon
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 8/21/2017, 4:45 pm

^ I never really liked Apollo. Im more a fan of Athena not to mention Venus, amirite fellas

< Every time theres an eclipse everybody hypes it up. Solar eclipse, lunar eclipse, partial eclipse, its always such a big deal. What am I, Galileo? Am I expected to be fascinated with the sky or something?

V Do you identify with anyone from ancient Greece? Can be real or fictional.
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by jandavey 8/23/2017, 2:01 pm

^ I like Pericles, he's pretty cool, and an influential Greek general. 

< Ok, I know this may sound weird. I have so many old backpacks from previous school years, and I want to go to Europe with one of them then fill it with several kilos or pounds of cheap ham. Then, I'll go to a bad neighbourhood in like France or something so when a robber comes out and demands that they have my backpack, they run off with nothing but a bunch of ham. Of course, this could go horribly wrong; they could take the backpack, see it's just ham, then invite me to their home to have a delicious home cooked meal made from the ham they just stole from me. 

\/ Last time you had a meal that had ham in it?

jandavey
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 8/23/2017, 2:17 pm

^ 3 days ago, we had ham, potatoes, and gravy with some vegetables for dinner. Was delish. 

< Many of my friends are going off to college so I won't see them for a while. Why can't they just stay in one place, why does everybody have to go to 100 different colleges all over the place? 

V Do you plan on staying nearby home when you go to college, or do you hope to move away? If you are already college-age or older, did you stay near home or did you move away?
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Lina 8/23/2017, 10:42 pm

^ Moved, then moved back home due to illness 2 years in

< People move because not every college offers your ideal major. There are... so many majors... One college does not fit all. Some people would also like to live anywhere but home if given the choice. Some also prefer smaller or larger colleges, or different living environments.

I had to change my major when I came back because it's not offered here. Wasted time and money for classes that wouldn't transfer. I wish I didn't get sick. I'll be paying for this for years now and I couldn't even finish the major I really wanted.

V Are you watching any shows right now? Or plan to watch any shows releasing soon?
Lina
Lina
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by jandavey 8/24/2017, 3:08 am

^ I watched Riverdale, but eventually had a difficult time keeping up with all of the characters, other than that, I don't watch any other shows, but I heard 3% (the Netflix series) comes out in November/December this year. I'd like to watch a good dystopian society type series. Conveniently, I have Thanksgiving break (1 week) in November, and Winter Break (2 weeks) in December so I have time to watch it, whatever month it comes out.

< I got some chicken nuggets, was nice but the change. The change really hit my inner numismatist as I saw one of the dimes they handed me, and it looked very similar to a certain mercury dime I have...interesting slight blue tinge. It turned out to be a 1957 dime; not rare or valuable, I just like to collect pre-1964 dimes, quarters, and half dollars as they contain some silver and are kinda cool. 

\/ Do you have any collections?

jandavey
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 8/24/2017, 10:40 am

^ Hard drives. I have about 10-15 of them, all ranging in sizes from 4GB to 4TB. 

< Just made myself a pretty damn brew of iced coffee.

v coffee, soda, or energy drinks?
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 8/24/2017, 12:16 pm

^ I dont drink coffee or energy drinks and I rarely drink soda (pop, as we call it here.) Honestly, its way healthier that way. The sugar and the caffiene are super bad for you, not to mention the fact that coffee has proven to be debilitatingly addictive.

< The last few days have been so chill now that Im done working for the next little while. Made a nice chunk of change working full time, now I get to relax and do my own thing. Maybe even have a social life, you know.

V When you have time off, do you tend to spend it with other people or are you more of a hermit?
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by shadeyghost 8/24/2017, 1:58 pm

^ i have social anxiety, and am very introverted, so i stay inside
< it's weird seeing mike post in here, something is coming 
V did you miss italics while it lasted?
shadeyghost
shadeyghost
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lina 8/24/2017, 3:51 pm

^ you know, I really hated it when it started, but then it grew on me. Italic Letter Friends

< 1893 pepsi good *-*

V Would you chug a pint of maple syrup for $500?
I just wanna know
Lina
Lina
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by jandavey 8/24/2017, 6:16 pm

^ I will probably need to go to the emergency room, however in my AP Economics course I learned about marginal cost-benefit analysis and opportunity cost. You see, I would be happy to chug a pint of maple syrup for $500, since my dad works for a hospital, and I am under his health insurance, I would only have to pay $50 copay when I go to the emergency room. There is an opportunity cost of $50 and potentially dying the investment of my time needed to drink said maple syrup, but I would end up happily walking away with $450. 

< Planning a trip to Manila, Philippines, and a trip to Amsterdam, Netherlands. I do have a 11 day trip in the Philippines during winter break that I already booked the flight for a few months back. Now, I need a more structured itinerary and have to figure out how to save enough money to go to Amsterdam during spring break. 

\/ Have you ever traveled alone?

Last edited by jandavey on 8/25/2017, 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

jandavey
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 8/24/2017, 8:43 pm

^ I have not, whenever I've traveled longer than a couple hour drive it was in a group. Sometimes one as small as 3, sometimes as big as when I went to Nicaragua with a group of 30 people. 

< I'm not one to watch much t.v., but Last Man Standing is a really really good show. 

V What are your innermost thoughts on silverware?
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by shadeyghost 8/24/2017, 11:51 pm

^ i hate when scrounging up silverware cuz like, we have 5 different styled forks and it bothers me ._."
< oasis has been kinda slow today, i got on at 6 est and there were 2 people on
V have you been online within the past 24 hours?
shadeyghost
shadeyghost
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 8/28/2017, 11:12 pm

^ nope, been 2 years at a minimum since ive been online. Internet provider search has not gone well and the talks of broadband are the only thing keeping my chances of return possible

< kinda bummed but excited. So when I was working that accident with traffic the other day i blew what i thought was a simple fuse on the lightbar..sadly its a bit more expensive, i bles the whole entire power supply which runs about $200 online about double that from a supplier, however I can go buy a brand new all LED bar for $100 more then it would take to fix the current one so im thibking about ordering it, now $300 is a lot of money then I have to take the old bar off, undo all the wiring i did including all my interior mods to make it work then have to rebuild it all when i install the new one. That was 4 days of work to install it the first time and now the traffic advisor is in the way and hooked up to it so the work load is doubled. Other then time its not an issue and a lot better investment. Only real issue with the one im looking at is I would need a new switchbox for it which is not cheap either.

< big spender or saving up?
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by shadeyghost 8/29/2017, 2:19 am

^ hhhhhHHHHHH, sometimes i save money, but then like, i wind up spending 5 here and 5 there and then *poof*
< most amount of money i've saved altogether was about $150, i REALLY wanted a 3ds when they came out, and i was saving for a while, but then my mom wouldn't let me buy it, so i went on ebay and bought it anyways XD
v largest amount of money you've saved?
shadeyghost
shadeyghost
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by jandavey 8/29/2017, 3:12 am

^ In cash, I once had saved about $400 United States Dollars. I had saved Christmas money from two different years, and lunch money that I didn't use. My parents weren't even aware I had that type of money in cash, as I had locked it all away. I planned not to ever use it until I absolutely had to. Then, my computer's graphics card was going moop, and my earphones also decided to break, so I deposited all the money in my account and bought a MSI GTX 1060 6GB and a pair of beats by dre earphones.

< I'm not sure how I'm going to do this, I need to save a ton of money by December. Like, a ton. My mom bought me a ticket to the Philippines a couple months ago. For winter break. Unfortunately, I did not realize that I am traveling during "peak season," meaning, It's very, very, expensive to travel around and do many activities at this time of the year. I asked my aunt how much it would cost to travel to Puerta Princesa, Palawan (pretty place with very clear water) and unfortunately, I need about 50,000 PHP (almost $1,000 USD) to stay there for a few days and do many of the cool tours. I would still need money to cover the rest of the days of my trip. I guess I will just sell my kidney

\/ What is your favorite candy?

jandavey
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 8/29/2017, 9:27 am

^ To answer the question, I'll say Snickers, but I really never eat candy. Years ago I'd eat both snickers and tootsie rolls by the handful it seems, but I cut candy out of my diet. 

< There's something about Frank Sinatra music that just makes every morning better no matter what. 

V Largest amount of money you spent at a single time?
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 8/29/2017, 10:50 am

^ Thousands of dollars on tuition. And would you look at that. Guess what time of year it is?

< Crazy how we're willing to spend so much money just to be able to attend classes we dont even pay attention in. Thats a lie, I always try to pay attention. Its just hard sometimes

V How seriously do/did you take your education?
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by jandavey 8/29/2017, 1:24 pm

^ Very seriously. While my friends are doing things like taking pictures at the Golden Gate Bridge and going out and such, I'm trapped at home. I do my required service learning hours on my free weekends in hopes of getting all hours done way before the April deadline, I do my SAT's and ACT's on other weekends. It's kind of like a vicious cycle of work where I can almost never rest, except on Sunday. Though, I'm sure that hard work will pay off in time, as when the service hours deadline comes I'm not one of those kids panicking that they barely have 4/5 hours done. (Edit: 20 hours of service learning hours is required by my school; it's basically a requirement where we help in our local community by working with dog/cat shelters or local events like cleaning up after an art festival in town)

< Haha, looking forward to October. Once in October, I'll be much more relaxed. A 2 week break in October, a 1 week break in November, and another 2 week break in December. A break every month for three months. Amazing. 

\/ Do you procrastinate often? Or do you get work done as soon as it's assigned?

jandavey
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Suscabot 8/29/2017, 4:45 pm

^ At the beginning of the year I put a lot more work into getting done with work when it is assigned, even so I tend to give myself more time away from work because I am the type who works in bursts and can't focus on a single task for too long. As the year progresses I very often start to procrastinate more, but it's something I am working on.

> I'm taking Ethics this year. Intro to Ethics to be exact. The whole point to the course is to understand what moral facts are, if such a thing exists at all, and whether or not these moral facts change dependent on events. After all, a fact is something which is true, no matter if there is evidence for it or it still needs to be discovered. An example of this would be that it is a fact that their are either Odd or Even numbers of stars in the universe. But as we also know, stars can die or be born, so the number is always changing between odd and even.

V Have you recently questioned what reality is and how morals are affected by different cultures? If not, what's your thought on Morals and Moral facts?
Suscabot
Suscabot
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 8/29/2017, 5:59 pm

^ The question of morality and ethics is irrelevant. Right and wrong are arbitrary made up constructs that change over time and between cultures. As such ethics is subjective. Theres a pragmatic approach for you. Im sure you'll learn more about all that biz over the coming semester.

< Examples of things westerners would find horribly unethical that are perfectly normal in other places/times: slavery (dating back thousands of years,) drowning female babies because they arent boys (China,) beating women (America circa 1950,) letting rich people get away with murder (as is the case right now in Thailand, heir to the Redbull empire killed a cop,) the list goes on. Due to the heavily subjective nature of ethics, who really decides right from wrong? The answer is everybody. Its a collective decision within a community. As someone who refuses to be beholden to others, I would rather enjoy the freedom of choice. Moral of the story, you do you.

V How are you at Mario Kart?
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 8/29/2017, 6:35 pm

^ I used to be unbeatable, but I haven't played Mario Kart in years. Now they have a bunch of new Mario Kart games with all sorts of fancy things. I'd probably be trailer trash at the new games. 

< I was at a friend's house late last night watching an outdoor movie. It was a lot of fun, but the bugs were nasty and I got bit a lot. Now I feel the urge to scratch my bug bites all the time. Leaving bug bites alone was never something I've been good at. 

V Your most commonly used media site? (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, even Oasis forums would work lol)
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by BABlaze 8/30/2017, 8:56 pm

^ I would have to say Oasis forums because i don't have Instagram or Snapchat and i havn't been on Facebook for months.

> I am eating eggs and they taste good.

v Are you exited for September?

BABlaze
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by shadeyghost 8/31/2017, 5:33 am

^ kinda yea kinda no, no more 100+ degree weather, but more and more rain, texas can't handle anymore soooo
< have you seen what hurricane harvey has done to Houston??? btw pray for simone who literally can not leave her house
V are you back in school? or are you graduated/dropped out/home school etc.
shadeyghost
shadeyghost
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 35 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 35  Next