MegaScary
FerociousFeline
mickdude2
Coaltrain615
Qprime
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Qprime throws his hat into the ring. Empty Qprime throws his hat into the ring.

Post by Qprime 6/23/2014, 10:06 am

P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }
Minecraft Username: Q_prime (aka Qprime)

Real name (recommended): This information will be revealed to staff only on request, and only with very good reason. Private by personal preference.

How long have you been playing on THIS server? God if i remember. Technically about a year and a half. Active time? erm... I’m gonna guess 4-5 months? Oasis is and always will be my only server.

How often do you plan on being on THIS server? Indeterminate. A very, very long time though. As I said before, I don’t have any other servers and singleplayer is... kinda boring to me.

Name any JrMods, Mods, or Admins who would vouch for you. Apparently half of them have already effectively vouched for me without my knowing. O_o Lina, Krazo, and Bober have expressed support for my application, . *was completely clueless until about 2 days ago*

Why do you deserve JrMod status? What sets you apart from the other players and would make you a good part of the staff? As with my initial member app, I take issue with the usage of "deserve" here -- I don’t feel self entitled to anything. I come to you here ASKING for the privilege of joining the hall of warriors. I'm not making self-righteous demands. -- That said -- I feel I am not wasting my effort in asking because I know the server can use what I have to offer it, and I am more then willing to put myself to better use as a staff member. I'm also keenly aware of the need for a "night watch" staff member, and although I can't guarantee that it'll always be so, I do spend a lot of time on in "oasis after hours" and have witnessed my share of out of bounds mischief already, and have several times longed for the ability to end it appropriately (just the other night I had to remind several players, at least one of whom was a veteran, that in oasis after hours we let out hair down -- not our pants -- and insist that they change topic.). As much as I don’t want to be perceived as a member of the law enforcement division of the server, as some players inevitably will do, I feel that I can be of good use to oasis as a staff member. The question now is, do you want what I have to offer?

And now to attempt to follow suit as others have done before me...

Helpful: Anyone even vaguely familiar with my current projects would take this as a given. I've dedicated myself for making a transportation system for public usage already, and often gauge things I build not on how they look, but on how useful they are to several players at once. Beyond that, as often as I encounter the situation I explain how various things work from crafting to how to pay other players to various rules as I understand them.

Knowledgeable: I quote MegaScary: "Turn down the science Q, it's late!" I'm... a bit of an egghead. My fiancée regards me at times as a king of encyclopedia with legs. I'm all of 4 classes away from obtaining a bachelors of Science in Chemistry. Knowledgeable? I think I meet that one. With respect to Minecraft however, I haven't exactly explored all the features of minecraft as thoroughly as I probably should have by this point (for example, I've never PVP'd and I tend to give the nether a wide berth.) That said, I know exactly where to look to find out x, y, and z about any given topic. I'm a quick study on anything, and I do know a significant amount about the server already. Lord knows I’ve seen more of it then most people already xD. Most importantly I SHARE my knowledge whenever able. Unlike some people I know who take what they know and lock it in a box somewhere to be pried open by the jaws of life and nothing less, I actually enjoy not only learning but spreading knowledge and wisdom wherever able.

Maturity: I'm 25, which is apparently older then a good portion of the staff (not to mention players) just chronologically speaking alone. I'm an old soul. I've never been textbook "immature" intentionally at any point that I can remember and don't intend to start. It's not a lifestyle or mindset that I approve of personally. As for how I handle "hot" situations, you will never find a more levelheaded leader. I don’t get angry. Ever. I've lived with my fiancée for over 5 years now, and not once have I ever raised my voice to her. I may use caps here and there for emphasis, but it takes a great deal of very directed effort to get me steamed. You will never need to worry about me rage-banning some moron for being a twerp or anything of the like. I've been faced with life-or-death situations already in my life, and know i am capable of keeping a cool head at times as extreme as those. Dealing with Minecraft drama should be a cinch.

Responsible: I point to my academic record as an example of responsibility. You don’t get as far as I have as a student without being able to prioritize, and know when to do what. On that note, once semester starts back up again, I can nearly guarantee that I’ll vanish for stretches of time (especially around exams) -- but I’ll always be a member of the oasis community. I do my best to toe the line where obeying rules are concerned, and never exploit anything I know is unethical. You'll almost certainly never find a person with a stronger personal moral code then me. (as an example, at age 25, I've never touched alcohol, tobacco, or anything "further down the rabbit hole" and never intend to as a personal philosophical choice.)

Trustworthy: My word is gold. If I say something, I mean it. If you lay the law, I'll follow it -- or vacate the premises if I object. I don't blackmail, backstab, or power grab. I am perfectly happy in my own skin and mind, and most of the time I just want to help other people out. The worst thing I can possibly see myself doing as a mod is temp-muting someone for about 6 seconds for inferring I’m a transformer... again. <<you know who you are>> And even then, I’d probably never actually do it.

Activity: I quote Krazo: "Damn you're dedicated... ... to Minecraft... AND Oasis." Second I quote Bober: "Damn Q, do you ever sleep?". Hahaha, you could say I'm quite active. Probably more so then I should be, but hey, it's summer vacation -- so sue me. I'm usually on daily, but I’ve been known to skip a week here and there. I tend to avoid the forums, but that's just me. If I’m gonna play, I’m gonna play - not read about people playing.

Honesty:  The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false. ERROR. {{reboot in 5...4...3...2...1...}}

[SystemBroadcast: BootSequence-DesbianKernel:7.68.101-a loaded..... booting up]

[loading Gedit.......ok]

[GUI coming online......ok]

*shakes it off*

...where was i...

Honesty: Like I said before, my word is gold. If I say something, I mean it. I don't lie on principle. I'm not a mean person, although sometimes I'm cold enough to be brutally honest with a person, I harbor very little malice toward anyone. If something I said turns out to be false, it's because I was honestly misinformed or misunderstood a situation. I'm just not the sort of person to make up falsehoods. "Honesty is the best policy" and all that. :P and that includes when I say I want to hunt someone down and apologize to them -- I mean exactly that. hahahah.

Conclusion: I hope this is what you need to see from me with respect to a complete application. I also hope it was enjoyable to read. I'm sure these get rather monotone after reading 5 backlogged pages plus of them (god save us from even mentioning member apps.) so I tried to spice it up a little. Thank you for your time and consideration.

~Q

.allblock_box_v1{border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-color:#ff5500;}

Last edited by Qprime on 6/23/2014, 12:08 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : undoing teh bober.)
Qprime
Qprime
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Qprime throws his hat into the ring. Empty Re: Qprime throws his hat into the ring.

Post by Coaltrain615 6/23/2014, 10:16 am

vouch, you put this together great and what you said is true so i think you deserve it
Coaltrain615
Coaltrain615
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Qprime throws his hat into the ring. Empty Re: Qprime throws his hat into the ring.

Post by mickdude2 6/23/2014, 11:07 am

This was not thrown together in fifteen minutes. Q put time and effort into this, but that is to be expected when dealing with Q. He's a hard worker, dedicated, and driven. His work ethic aside, he's also brilliant (I've had some great conversations with him about Quantum Mechanics :P). All this culminates to my vouch.

Qprime throws his hat into the ring. Vouch12
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by FerociousFeline 6/23/2014, 11:53 am

Qprime throws his hat into the ring. Tumblr_n7mpgzydX41s8olgmo1_500
FerociousFeline
FerociousFeline
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaScary 6/23/2014, 12:05 pm

Qprime throws his hat into the ring. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8NQRjEARQdgiVfc7jY7uJsxxGvXW2Tnp_3HUynNAamJ-QH6JJ8g

You totally deserve this Q. You will make a great staff member.
MegaScary
MegaScary
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by bober_rus 6/23/2014, 12:11 pm

Qprime wrote: Second I quote Bober: "Damn Q, do you ever sleep?".
"Occasionally :P "
Vouch
bober_rus
bober_rus
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg 6/23/2014, 1:27 pm

One of, if not the best, application I've ever read. This coupled with your insane activity and great personality make it an insta-vouch, hope ya join the team bro. <3
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 6/23/2014, 1:36 pm

Qprime throws his hat into the ring. Vouch_zps98e4a2c5
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 6/23/2014, 2:35 pm

I cannot vouch enough for this man. Crazy active, very helpful, lot of fun to be around, quite mature, just to name a few. 

+1 Vouch!
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheerioes 6/23/2014, 2:58 pm

vouch he iz v3ry smart
Cheerioes
Cheerioes
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy 6/23/2014, 3:04 pm

Qprime wrote: My word is gold. If I say something, I mean it
Qprime wrote: that includes when I say I want to hunt someone down and apologize to them

This is the sort of iron fist leadership I didn't even know I want. All my vouch
Fithboy
Fithboy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/xxXDennoXxx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone 6/23/2014, 3:42 pm

Qprime throws his hat into the ring. JLpS2V2Qprime throws his hat into the ring. JLpS2V2Qprime throws his hat into the ring. JLpS2V2Qprime throws his hat into the ring. JLpS2V2

Only thing I'm gonna say is maybe try to learn the forums real well, because people often have a lot of questions about them.

Last edited by Xhoblophone on 6/23/2014, 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xhoblophone
Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Krazo 6/23/2014, 3:52 pm

I approve.
Krazo
Krazo
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 6/23/2014, 3:53 pm

Qprime throws his hat into the ring. Vouch-13
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/23/2014, 4:42 pm

Qprime throws his hat into the ring. Fsu5XCM
for q_prime and his hat
aHat4JrMod2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Qprime 6/23/2014, 9:02 pm

Wow. Insta-vouches from both owners on day 1. I am honoured/stunned. Thank you!
Qprime
Qprime
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gweedo358 6/23/2014, 10:30 pm

Day isn't over now is it. Ok here it goes. One big Vouch.
That is all. Good day.
Gweedo358
Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by robbie291 6/24/2014, 2:45 am

Wow...... Q I have read a lot of apps and this one is by far the best one I have seen.
I have worked with Q on his rail system and he saved my hide one time in the nether( thanks again for that Q!) 
Super active, friendly, and helpful!

VOUCH!!!
robbie291
robbie291
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle 6/24/2014, 7:54 am

Qprime throws his hat into the ring. TY6UM
Leagle
Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Qprime throws his hat into the ring. Empty Q's jr.mod app

Post by OasisMaximus 6/24/2014, 2:20 pm

Damn. Best app i've ever read and you're also very honest in it. You definitely deserve my vouch!

+1 vouch!
OasisMaximus
OasisMaximus
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 6/24/2014, 8:20 pm

Not even having gotten to know you personally, just seeing this app, you are obviously made for positions of authority. I only ask one thing: do some more forums so I can get to know you, too!

VOUCH!
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittycatteo 6/25/2014, 11:20 am

I see Q almost EVERY day. He always helps and responds with knowledge to questions. I honestly think that, Q, you deserve a bigger rank. So wish you good luck and VOUCH
Kittycatteo
Kittycatteo
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 6/25/2014, 1:15 pm

If you have two owner, three admin, a couple of mod and a bunch of jrmod vouches, I think you should just automatically get it.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Qprime 6/26/2014, 1:19 am

Wow. I'm speechless. Thank you all so much for the support! I really appreciate it!
Qprime
Qprime
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Qprime throws his hat into the ring. Empty VOUCH for Q

Post by retkojy 6/28/2014, 7:48 am

Q is very helpful he's very serious about this application as you can see and I think he deserves JrMod

retkojy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next