Server Is Having Issues Again.....

2 posters

Go down

Server Is Having Issues Again..... Empty Server Is Having Issues Again.....

Post by 4emersons 8/14/2013, 1:05 pm

I have been on for about 15 minutes today, and in that time, I have been disconnected 8 times because of idk what but it is one of those things that makes most of the people get disconnected somehow.  I am tired of this happening. Anything that can fix it?
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Server Is Having Issues Again..... Empty Re: Server Is Having Issues Again.....

Post by madscientist032 8/14/2013, 1:19 pm

As of right now there are three things that could be kicking you off the server.

First is NoCheatPlus. NoCheatPlus is our anti-spamming-anti-cheating plugin that will kick players if it thinks they are cheating, whether it's with jumphacks, flymod, or even chat spam.I installed it last night but I didn't have enough time to configure it properly. It is at its default settings, and shouldn't be kicking you.  This probably isn't the cause but I really can't tell.

Second, is our connection with the host. Our host provider (the company we rent the server from) did some emergency maintenance last night on a pretty important part of their network. They told me last night that there should be some minor "speed bumps" throughout the day, but nothing really major.

Third, could just be your own computer or internet connection.

Again, out of all these options, I'm guessing its either option 1 or 2 that is kicking you. Unfortunately mods and JrMods do not get Nocheatplus notifications, so I can't really confirm the real cause of the issue here. Just be patient for the time being  - sometimes these things fix themselves over time.

EDIT: what was the message that appeared on your screen when you got disconnected? This might help me figure out what's causing the issue.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 8/14/2013, 2:29 pm

I don't remember the message, (I rarely look at it, for some reason) but I know it is the 2nd one, because I don't even know how to get mods or any of that stuff.  And I wasn't in any way spamming the chat.  Now though it is working just fine, without much lag at all, and it is not kicking people.  It stopped doing that about 15 min after that post.
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 8/14/2013, 2:41 pm

Alright then with that info, it's probably the host connection then. If this happens again, just be patient, wait a little bit, and then try reconnecting to oasis.

Thanks for the info.

Thread locked
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down