Technical Griefing...

4 posters

Go down

Technical Griefing... Empty Technical Griefing...

Post by Mr_Big_Mac_Joe 7/23/2013, 4:27 pm

Okay griefing is defined as deliberately irritating and/or harassing other players within the game. So, on that note who ever is coming to my home/build and filling my cauldrons with water -  STOP IT!!! You are irritating me by doing so. This is the second time I have logged on and found water in the cauldrons. The first time I just emptied them. Having this done a second time, it needs to stop. I don't care if it is a practical joke or if you think you are helping. If I wanted water in the cauldrons I would put water in them. No one has my permission to do anything with my home/build. If this is a staff member doing this - STOP!!! As a staff member you are suppose to be setting an example for others to follow and this is not a very good example. Also, if who ever this is has a home set at my place, you better remove it. I did not give anyone permission to set a home there. I put my build at the corner of the map to prevent stuff like this from happening. Players/staff like this is the reason I left other servers. I do like playing on Oasis, even if it has host problems. This is a great community. Okay, my little rant is over, all I am asking is to leave my stuff alone. I worked hard to get what I have and to build what I have built. I take pride in my builds and don't like others messing them up.
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBigMacJoe

Back to top Go down

Technical Griefing... Empty Re: Technical Griefing...

Post by Gweedo358 7/23/2013, 4:40 pm

I will come by and see later when I come on, with Core protect I will be able to see who is messing with your stuff. If any other staff reads this and is able to help now please do. I will not be home till 6 pm est.
Gweedo358
Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/23/2013, 5:02 pm

I replaced the cauldron earlier with an unfilled one, However, I can't figure out with Core Protect who did it...
I tried logging all clicks made, all +/-container activity, blocks placed. etc and nothing will come up.... Is there a certain way to log cauldrons? I don't think it's registering as a container, and its contents won't register as a block, so maybe it's not recording it... but I don't know.

Edit: I'm still looking for ways the person may have got in

Edit2: I did find a way to see the water placement within 5 radius around cauldrons.... however... they come up as "#water placed stationary_water" or something like that, without any username. I can't find any click logs there

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Big_Mac_Joe 7/24/2013, 5:28 pm

Logged in today and there was no water in the Cauldrons. Gweedo, if you still want to look into this the coords are 7794 106 7678 The Cauldrons in the kitchen and bathroom are the ones I am talking about (not the ones with the leaves on top). Thank you both for trying to help with this.

Edit #1 - I double checked and the only way someone can get in is to either grief, fly in or come in from the mine shaft. I didn't see any griefs so that only leaves the other two. I just recently fixed the possibility of coming up form the mine shaft by locking all doors, trapdoors and fence gates but that is one thing staff can look at if you can get past all of the locks.
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gweedo358 7/25/2013, 4:53 pm

Just an update for you. Me and Pax went over your whole property and the only persons that are showing up is Me Pax and Lina. No evidence of anyone breaking a thing to get in or placing anything to get in. I cant find anything on this. If you have anymore problems let me know.
Gweedo358
Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Big_Mac_Joe 7/25/2013, 10:56 pm

Okay. Thanks for the update and for the time taken on this. I haven't had any issues since I posted this thread so I am hoping it has been resolved by way of guilty conscience or other ways. Anyways, thanks to everyone that has spent time on this trying to help find the culprit.
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Z 7/25/2013, 11:47 pm

*pokes in*

Uh, incase you're not aware, rain fills cauldrons. However if they're under a roof, then.. Well.. Just ignore this.

*pokes out*

Z
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg 7/26/2013, 2:38 pm

Zwall99 wrote:*pokes in*

Uh, incase you're not aware, rain fills cauldrons. However if they're under a roof, then.. Well.. Just ignore this.

*pokes out*

Damnit I guessed this last night but forgot to post.

Yeah I just checked your house, you added blocks above the cauldrons 35 hours ago, so I guess that's whether stopped filling?
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down