Issue with caps-police, and a personal rant from me.

+11
bandityogo
Grimtongue
Kyorgtea
Paxination
Gweedo358
mickdude2
Heisenberg
Krazo
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
4emersons
AJ327
15 posters

Go down

Issue with caps-police, and a personal rant from me. Empty Issue with caps-police, and a personal rant from me.

Post by Guest 7/16/2013, 3:26 pm

Let me make something crystal clear regarding the "CAPS" rule:

TL;DR :
One word in caps =////////////////= spam. Non-staff  need to stop over-policing it. It's just annoying, and causes more spam.

d. Spamming
Spam is defined as obnoxious chat behavior and is prohibited. Examples of spam include using all capital letters in a sentence, random letters, macro use in public chat without permission, various forms of begging, the usage of a hacked client to spam or any other form of disrupting chat solely for being a nuisance.

So...if someone where to say the following:
"LOL"
"NO"
"ROFL"
etc,
Not spammed repetedly, and not used excessively...
Is that against the rules?
Should you jump on every person who says one word in caps every now and then?
NO.

This has been an issue I know staff brought up a week or so ago, and now it's personally pissing me off. I wonder how many other people got nailed in the head for using one word in caps for this to be brought up among staff last week...

My incident:
I got corrected for saying LOL, proceeded by troll grammar corrections and some off the wall comment about me "hating brits".
Which had nothing to do with it, and implied me being racist.
This crap needs to stop.

Do you say CAPCAPSCAPS when davidmich says "NO"? No.
Do people say CAPS when other people apart from my incident say "LOL"? YES. I have seen it, on more then one occasion.
When it gets to the point where you are correcting people, especially staff, for putting one single word in caps, you are doing it wrong.

You know what else? You saying caps for stupid reasons make even more spam. Spam from you saying "caps", and spam from them being pissed off. This isn't bootcamp, it's minecraft. Deal with it.

I'm not doing this just because I'm personally angry off. I know other people are probably angry as well. It's not fun when the one or two times you use caps, you gets "caps caps caps" from 3 people shoved down your throat.

/end rant on caps

Now for my personal rant.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Lina on 3/6/2014, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : put personal rant in spoiler form hue)

Back to top Go down

Issue with caps-police, and a personal rant from me. Empty Re: Issue with caps-police, and a personal rant from me.

Post by AJ327 7/16/2013, 3:42 pm

Hallelujah!
AJ327
AJ327
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Issue with caps-police, and a personal rant from me. Empty Re: Issue with caps-police, and a personal rant from me.

Post by 4emersons 7/16/2013, 3:54 pm

yes! I remember saying 4 words in caps and got kicked for "CAPS" and when I got back on there was 6 posts in chat saying either "caps" or "watch the caps" or something like that.

And yeah if I were in your position, I would be very ticked too.  Disrespect IS against the rules, and it would be a great idea to give a few tempbans to people who do show disrespect, to show them that it is not ok.
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Big_Mac_Joe 7/16/2013, 7:09 pm

I know I am not staff, but I have been in the same situation before on another server. It seems new staff members are always taken advantage of  at first. Once the community knows you won't take any crap it normally levels out, at least it did for me. Also, if it was me I wouldn't be just temp-banning those who disrespect me, I would be doing a perma-ban with no appeal. Staff is there to help others out and to monitor the server. Yes, I know I got into it with a staff member yesterday (long but short story), but I do not believe in disrespecting staff of any age or senority unless the staff member gives me a reason to. Just my two cents.
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBigMacJoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/16/2013, 7:36 pm

Mr_Big_Mac_Joe wrote:I know I am not staff, but I have been in the same situation before on another server. It seems new staff members are always taken advantage of  at first. Once the community knows you won't take any crap it normally levels out, at least it did for me. Also, if it was me I wouldn't be just temp-banning those who disrespect me, I would be doing a perma-ban with no appeal. Staff is there to help others out and to monitor the server. Yes, I know I got into it with a staff member yesterday (long but short story), but I do not believe in disrespecting staff of any age or senority unless the staff member gives me a reason to. Just my two cents.

For guests, it's perma after one kick warning for me, regarding disrespect. If they're already disrespecting me, they'll disrespect other staff too... I don't like keeping those attitudes around at all.

I don't like perma banning members and trusteds though.... unless they seriously break the rules (ex. some member griefed a ton of diamond blocks among other things). I try to assume they were angry at either me, or whatever made them rage, and give them another chance after kick or a short tempban if needed.
Unfortunately, it looks like I might have to up my punishments if this continues... I really do not want to... but I might not have a choice.
This past week has gotten ridiculous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krazo 7/16/2013, 8:22 pm

You are, in fact, doing an amazing job. So don't think you are failing. And like you said, don't take the shit people play on you. Be more strict. And if they don't like it, well they can or suck it up or talk nicely about it with the person.

Lina wrote:I don't like perma banning members and trusteds though

I have no trouble with banning members or trusted, been there done that. Hell, I would even ban a veteran if he seriously broke the rules. Maybe not perma, but more of a few week temp than and a demotion.
Krazo
Krazo
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg 7/16/2013, 9:03 pm

Kяazo wrote:You are, in fact, doing an amazing job. So don't think you are failing. And like you said, don't take the shit people play on you. Be more strict. And if they don't like it, well they can or suck it up or talk nicely about it with the person.

Lina wrote:I don't like perma banning members and trusteds though

I have no trouble with banning members or trusted, been there done that. Hell, I would even ban a veteran if he seriously broke the rules. Maybe not perma, but more of a few week temp than and a demotion.

I once banned a mod, beat that.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 7/16/2013, 9:11 pm

You don't have to take this shit. It's against the rules, so you are well within your limits to ban. I say banhammers away, Lina.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Gweedo358 7/16/2013, 9:14 pm

You do a hell of Job here on Oasis, don't worry about the slap heck I have been slapped about hmmm 10 times since I made admin but seriously you do a wonderful job here and gurlllll do what you gotta do.... I will have your back.
Gweedo358
Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 7/16/2013, 11:49 pm

Gweedo358 wrote:You do a hell of Job here on Oasis, don't worry about the slap heck I have been slapped about hmmm 10 times since I made admin but seriously you do a wonderful job here and gurlllll do what you gotta do.... I will have your back.

Like Kyle and floris and the rest here says Lina. DONOT LET ANY ONE WALK ON YOU. Your doing a fine job and if there was an issue we will let you know in a professional manner and privately as possible.

Respect over all is the most important thing on the server. Do not ever let any one disrespect you or ANY ONE for that matter. There is a 100% do not tolerate policy here and I wont stand for it at all!

So any one reading this that is guilty of this. Consider this a warning! I have seen it happen a good bit on and off and I am tired of players disrespecting Lina. From here on till this shit calms down, its an automatic 1 week tempban for first offence. This is how serious I am about this. This isnt a permanent thing, just till you guys/girls learn to respect her and ALL of staff, and ALL PLAYERS for that matter!
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Big_Mac_Joe 7/17/2013, 12:42 am

Go Pax!!!
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBigMacJoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyorgtea 7/17/2013, 9:20 am

SEE BELOW:
 Time to kill some people, brb.
Kyorgtea
Kyorgtea
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimtongue 7/17/2013, 1:05 pm

Lina is doing an amazing job as staff.
All hail the goddess of sheep! Baaaaa!
Smile
Grimtongue
Grimtongue
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by bandityogo 7/17/2013, 1:19 pm

Okay, point came across, you guys should all know, respec the staff and all the players yada yada :) topic locked
bandityogo
bandityogo
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

http://bandityogo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Issue with caps-police, and a personal rant from me. Empty That's just horrible.

Post by echolectrical 7/17/2013, 4:46 pm

I agree Lina. That's bull crap. You are a Guide and you deserve your position. I feel as though you are doing a great job as Guide.
echolectrical
echolectrical
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 7/17/2013, 5:03 pm

This is an example of not replying correctly to something.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ericcanam 7/17/2013, 6:55 pm

Kevo235 wrote:This is an example of not replying correctly to something.
Yes it is.

But ThatOneChick is right. Lina is a GREAT guide who shouldn't let anybody tell her otherwise.
ericcanam
ericcanam
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

http://bit.ly/OasisChalkboard

Back to top Go down

Post by _Zeira_ 7/17/2013, 9:05 pm

Ive almost done this sooo many times... >.<
_Zeira_
_Zeira_
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down