Davidmich
Dylstrosity2
13 posters

Go down

An apology, a goodbye/appeal Empty An apology, a goodbye/appeal

Post by Dylstrosity2 12/21/2012, 2:14 am

Minecraft username: dylstrosity2

Mod/Admin who banned you: WesleyMD

Reason you were banned: 'Having spawned items in a not locked chest, in a shared base, which included TNT.'

Reason you believe you should be unbanned: First and foremost, I would like to apologise for this incident. I don't mind if you deny this, because its what has to be done, however it would be nice, to start fresh on oasis, I don't mind if I ought to be demoted to member, and to lose thy donor perks, I would literally do anything, but of course, what has to be done, needs to be done. But I just want to give it a last shot here on oasis.

Lets get to the ban. First of all, the spawned items part were purchased from Admin shop, and the true proof of that is, I'm 30$ donor, unless someone gave the items too me of course. I'm very aware that I'm allowed to have the purchased items from Admin shop in a non-locked chest. Its only if Ispawned them, and placed them in a nonlocked chest. OK that's done.

Secondly, sad to be true, I'm going straight at my honesty. I raided 2 desert temples, to get to the chests, each chest always have (far as I'm concerned) 9 tnt's, and I got 18 in total from them. I broke the rules, by obtaining tnt. I then placed them in the chest. Huntermon1 did a better favor, by putting the tnt into flames, because he wanted to assure that I didn't break the rules.

Thank you for considering this, or at least reading. Really, I don't really mind if its a appeal deny, but I just really want to come online at night, have a laugh with my fellow Australians. It would be great for staff to give me a demotion, perk loss, anything to keep me on oasis. This is staff's decision, I was half hearted writing my second appeal, but I would just like to clarify that I apologies; I'm awfully sorry.
Dylstrosity2
Dylstrosity2
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

An apology, a goodbye/appeal Empty Re: An apology, a goodbye/appeal

Post by Davidmich 12/21/2012, 2:27 am

You are done! Find a new server!

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 12/21/2012, 6:27 am

I'd like to think about this some more and hear all the imputs.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Croky1 12/21/2012, 7:55 am

Dyl is regarded as pone of the most trusted and respected people on the server. Listen to him; he is willing to give up everything to get pardoned. I say give him another chance.

And one more thing, he owned up to something he did wrong; not something you see very often, do you?

Croky1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gweedo358 12/21/2012, 10:13 am

Hello everyone going to go over some facts. #1. Chest had 18 tnt when screenshoted by commander_chair at that date time stamp. #2. Chest was unlocked. #3 Chest was located in a house with four people living there and when I was there to visit the doors were open to that house. #4 House was private with 4 persons on the sign.

Ok now that I have presented the cold hard facts I will present my argument. I don't think its right to ban someone permenantly for tnt in a unlocked chest with four people having access to said house and chest. If the house and chest was owned only by Dyl I would not be making this argument. If someone wanted him banned all they had to do was place any banned item in that chest, that is why I do not and will not share a chest or house with anyone, I also encourage all residents of Oasis do the same. I have flown by thier house many times and found the doors open as I do with so many houses in Oasis, residents on Oasis need to learn to close thier doors or install timers on the sign. I am recommending a unban and a demotion to member with donor perks removed and also the ban in pvp will remain the same.

Gweedo358
Gweedo358
Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 12/21/2012, 10:22 am

Gweedo358 wrote:Hello everyone going to go over some facts. #1. Chest had 18 tnt when screenshoted by commander_chair at that date time stamp. #2. Chest was unlocked. #3 Chest was located in a house with four people living there and when I was there to visit the doors were open to that house. #4 House was private with 4 persons on the sign.

Ok now that I have presented the cold hard facts I will present my argument. I don't think its right to ban someone permenantly for tnt in a unlocked chest with four people having access to said house and chest. If the house and chest was owned only by Dyl I would not be making this argument. If someone wanted him banned all they had to do was place any banned item in that chest, that is why I do not and will not share a chest or house with anyone, I also encourage all residents of Oasis do the same. I have flown by thier house many times and found the doors open as I do with so many houses in Oasis, residents on Oasis need to learn to close thier doors or install timers on the sign. I am recommending a unban and a demotion to member with donor perks removed and also the ban in pvp will remain the same.

Gweedo358
^^ this. I support this. All of this.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 12/21/2012, 10:23 am

I have to agree with Gweedo on this one.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce 12/21/2012, 10:36 am

I guess we can all agree on something here, i feel like perma banning him is the same as sending someone to the death row.
ExtraSauce
ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by WesleyMD 12/21/2012, 11:22 am

madscientist032 wrote:
Gweedo358 wrote:Hello everyone going to go over some facts. #1. Chest had 18 tnt when screenshoted by commander_chair at that date time stamp. #2. Chest was unlocked. #3 Chest was located in a house with four people living there and when I was there to visit the doors were open to that house. #4 House was private with 4 persons on the sign.

Gweedo358

WesleyMD
WesleyMD
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 12/21/2012, 2:44 pm

WesleyMD wrote:
madscientist032 wrote:

Gweedo358

Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle 12/21/2012, 3:02 pm

i just broke something...
Leagle
Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 12/22/2012, 10:22 am

As I recall, I was also given a second chance, albeit in somewhat different circumstances, and look how I turned out. I've come back into the community, built, and now I'm a vet candidate. I'm all for second chances. Especially for something as trivial as this.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/22/2012, 3:42 pm

usually, I'm all for harsh punishment toward rule breaking... but he does seem pretty genuine in apologizing An apology, a goodbye/appeal 758422

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 12/22/2012, 7:44 pm

https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t10888-a-very-solid-realisation

Just so you guys can see it, I think he should be given 1 more chance! The TNT can be explained like he said, he should of destroyed it long ago when he fount it. He was just not handling it correctly. And that happend before his tempban. So while he was on thin ice he had no way of correcting a previous mistake that would make him look guiltier! (sp?) If it all happend in the opposite order then I think a perm ban MIGHT be in order, but it didnt. And due to the fact that players cant lay TNT anyways is good enough reason to not PERM ban him right now.

And after checking lb, he's not lying! ALL the tnt (18) were taken from desert temples at coords 187,51,2811 and 1130,51,1674

So he didnt even make the tnt.

AND if the staff would do a lb on created tnt for Dyl it would show that he has not even ATTEMPTED to lay a single one. Even with the plugins that prevent tnt being layed out, LB still logs the attempt of laying it.
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce 12/22/2012, 7:51 pm

I think he quit, even thought we unban him i think he won't know it, is there a way to tell him?
ExtraSauce
ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by jackOPSftw 12/22/2012, 8:04 pm

ExtraSauce wrote:I think he quit, even thought we unban him i think he won't know it, is there a way to tell him?

OF course he didn't quit!

He checks this every day.
jackOPSftw
jackOPSftw
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 12/22/2012, 8:14 pm

jackOPSftw wrote:
ExtraSauce wrote:I think he quit, even thought we unban him i think he won't know it, is there a way to tell him?

OF course he didn't quit!

He checks this every day.

^^^ and email notification when people reply! Assuming he checked the box that says WATCH TOPIC or EMAIL NOTIFICATION...which ever...

But its not definite yet!
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylstrosity2 12/22/2012, 9:29 pm

I have been watching this thread every day, Checking for peoples opinions. I wouldn't quit my favorite server, Never. And as Pax said, I wasn't lying after all. Please continue with all your thoughts.
Dylstrosity2
Dylstrosity2
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 12/23/2012, 12:26 pm

Dyl is a great player, You blew some chances but If I were staff i'd be willing to issue another chance.
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylstrosity2 12/24/2012, 11:42 am

So, will I be unbanned? Or remain banned? :3
Dylstrosity2
Dylstrosity2
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 12/24/2012, 12:29 pm

Why don't you wait until the staff have made their decision?

Until then, consider this thread locked. Please do not post any more ban appeals until you hear back from the staff. This thread will be unlocked when our decision is made.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 12/26/2012, 10:42 am

We've decided to unban you and keep you on a short leash. Read the rule extremely carefully, and do not break any again. You're on a very short leash, don't make me regret this. You'll get your Trusted/Trusted+ perms back as we see fit.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down