Okowi's Guide/Mod application

5 posters

Go down

Okowi's Guide/Mod application Empty Okowi's Guide/Mod application

Post by Okowi 4/3/2011, 8:02 am

Minecraft username: Okowi

How long have you been on THIS server?: 2 months.

How long do you plan to be on THIS server?: This is the only server I play and as long as I can keep building cool stuff I'll probably never quit minecraft.

Name anyone of a Higher Rank then Veteran(Donators cannot vouch) who would vouch for you: Honestly I thought about putting names down, however that being said I'm not going to. My reasons for such is; I do not wish to put anyone on the spot, and I don't want to make assumptions. With that in mind - they can always post reply a vouch
alien

Why do you deserve Guide/Mod Rank?:

Ultimately I want to see this server succeed. Please do not let this be a determining factor in vouching or picking me. Only to prove a point in what I say above, I've made continual donations to the server and I plan on continuing to make a monthly donation to help keep it going regardless of what rank I hold. There's a lot of good people on Oasis and I'd like to see it flourish. It tickles me pink the idea of getting a dedicated server and I definitely hope that draws more people to us.

Usually when I'm on and not too engaged with playing with the friends, my activities with the server usually are;
1.) Trying to catch greifers (I understand what it means to put a lot of hard work into something to have some random asshat come along and troll you)

2.) Building the best buildings I can think of or that come to mind. This may not seem like much at first - but honestly my viewpoint is that people become inspired by what they see. They look at one building and say, "Wow that's awesome, I'm going to build something better!" Or they want to make their own contribution to the landscape. I believe this helps motivate people into building and playing, or at least I hope it does.

3.) Fixing greifs - I try to make it a point of getting on in the mornings if I hadn't been on all night to patrol the area near spawn and fix what greifs I can find. (i.e.) Lava pools - water pools any construction blocks missing that can be obviously fixed. Unfortunately some greifs are so bad only the own can truly fix it.

4.) Area beautification - Every few days I also make a point of doing what I like to call Area beautification. Kinda like the guys in prison on the side of the road picking up trash, well I like to fix up the area surrounding spawn and make it beautiful. This activity usually involves replanting trees and cacti, fixing divits in the ground finishing off the tops of trees that people just hit a few times and then leave there. Replacing large chunks of missing land from people surface mining(usually sand).

Goal

I have two overall goals in mind and it mainly reflects back to wanting to see the server succeed.

One goal - is to keep building and saving the schematics to eventually create a city to inspire people to contribute too. I also have plans to make videos and screenshots of the stuff I've built and this city in particular to post on high traffic websites for Oasis in hopes of drawing more people to our server.

Another goal - to ensure that everyone who plays by the rules of the server has a great time and that my contributed help to the server in mod activities will also alleviate some of the burden from other staff members and the server owners.

Thank you for reading my application and good day to you sirs!
Okowi

Okowi
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Okowi's Guide/Mod application Empty Re: Okowi's Guide/Mod application

Post by Vegeta400 4/5/2011, 10:19 pm

Okowi

Last edited by Vegeta400 on 4/15/2011, 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vegeta400
Vegeta400
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by CommanderAJ13 4/5/2011, 10:26 pm

Although I hardly know him, Okowi, I have seen what you have built and am quite impressed.
Also, your involvement in the community definitely wins you my vote! 8)
CommanderAJ13
CommanderAJ13
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/AJThePyro13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunar 4/5/2011, 10:31 pm

Yeah, Okowi does build some pretty awesome stuff, and I see the time and dedication he puts into 'beautifying' the server. :)
However, I think that mods, as well as guides, shouldn't have that as their priority, I think their top priority should be helping others. bounce
Also, he's only played for 2 months, which, despite being only a number, should still be put into consideration. :P
Lunar
Lunar
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Okowi's Guide/Mod application Empty There's a difference between helping and doing for them.

Post by Okowi 4/7/2011, 10:28 am

I don't want you to get me wrong - I intend to help people, however I don't plan on doing things for them. Its one thing to help someone its another to end up doing it for them because they don't want to. I have no problem and have in the past spent a lot of time helping ungreif peoples homes and trying "trying to rebuild them." The only problem is sometimes things are greifed to the point that only the owner really knows how it is and by fixing it I could be causing more damage then helping.

If they are on when I'm on that makes it easy and I can help them accordingly.

Okowi
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 4/7/2011, 5:07 pm

Vooch
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down