madscientist032
MarviNacho
InitialBN
poopyfacetamato
Roboterlein
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This is an Application for Guide. Empty This is an Application for Guide.

Post by Roboterlein 8/18/2011, 6:40 am

Minecraft username: Roboterlein

Real name (recommended): Ivan

How long have you been playing on THIS server?: About 2 weeks now.

How often do you plan on being on THIS server?: I plan to be on the server quite often, which I feel is proven already.

I feel that all Admins and Mods (including Owners) can vouch for me, short of the ones whom I've not yet met or have only done so shortly; included in that short list are KingNothing, WesleyMD.

It's not so much that I feel that I deserve to have the Guide rank, but moreso that I can do a lot of good by becoming a part of the Staff. True, I've not played here as long as other applicants, but I have done plenty to prove that not only am I eligible, but also trustworthy, knowledgeable, and determined to lift this server to its namesake and create an Oasis for all of our players to enjoy. I do not want to overstep my boundaries or alienate any of my fellow Crafters, but I am not afraid to step up and take responsibility for what needs to be done, when it needs to be done. I feel that I am more than capable of assisting with Staff responsibilities and contributing to this server, our server.

Thank you.
Roboterlein
Roboterlein
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

This is an Application for Guide. Empty Re: This is an Application for Guide.

Post by poopyfacetamato 8/18/2011, 7:38 am

you might wanna play a bit longer before applying for guide.
poopyfacetamato
poopyfacetamato
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Roboterlein 8/18/2011, 7:44 am

poopyfacetamato wrote:you might wanna play a bit longer before applying for guide.

Thanks poopy, I'll keep that in mind. However, it doesn't change my qualifications or determination.
Roboterlein
Roboterlein
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by InitialBN 8/18/2011, 8:36 am

Vouch. Last thing I said was pretty crude. Time played DOES matter, but you're very trustworthy and I can't see why you don't deserve it.

Last edited by Ownerthugz on 8/22/2011, 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total

InitialBN
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by MarviNacho 8/18/2011, 8:52 am

Talked to him for 10 minutes now.

Fucking vouch.
MarviNacho
MarviNacho
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 8/18/2011, 9:38 am

You, my good robotic friend, get a nice big hunking VOUCH from myself.

Good luck. You totally deserve it.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by wedell2 8/18/2011, 11:26 am

lol he joined 10 or 18 or something days ago lol play like a month longer then you get my vouch :P

wedell2
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Blame 8/18/2011, 11:29 am

Vouch bro go ROBOT!
Blame
Blame
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by BroadStreetBully 8/18/2011, 12:49 pm

Vouch

BroadStreetBully
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce 8/18/2011, 4:48 pm

I don't care if he played 2 weeks and i played 3 months and still didn't apply for Vet.

You deserve my vouch.
ExtraSauce
ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle 8/18/2011, 5:50 pm

I must say, you are doing a quite good job, better then the average people that come along.
But i have to say in my opinion, give it more time. Don't be in such a rush.
Leagle
Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathald903-ToiletRollMan 8/18/2011, 6:40 pm

wedell2 wrote:lol he joined 10 or 18 or something days ago lol play like a month longer then you get my vouch :P

You are a great and organised player that is very nice in Oasis but dude 2 - 3 weeks and you want to be staff! I would honestly be a bit annoyed if you got it considering some of us have been here for a long long time and are only Trusted! Sorry but you dont deserve my vouch. It just would cause arguments.

I do like you, but this is my personal opinion.
Cathald903-ToiletRollMan
Cathald903-ToiletRollMan
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Roboterlein 8/18/2011, 8:23 pm

Cool. I appreciate the vouches I have gotten, but I feel I need to clarify myself a little better.

I don't want teh awsm FlymOd... Hell, I could even do without the privileges granted to me from donating. /god? /tp? /spawn? I don't need these things to have fun. I want to be able to help, contribute. I'm not asking for mod or admin, and I won't, because I know I won't be able to live up to those responsibilities in the time I have left.

I'm also not belittling any of the staff or other players. That is so far from my intent, the thought of such an accusation is insulting. I want to help, period.

I decided to apply for Guide after watching and listening to Dyna handle griefers. I wanted to help rather than just nag the Staff. "Hey dyna, there's griefing here. Hey dyna, there's griefing there. Hey dyna, I just watched soandso grief soandso's shop." Not to mention when I'm playing with no staff on. When that happens, and it's just me and a few server newbs, I have no ability to prevent griefing. I just threatened to ban one newb, entirely bluffing, until he returned what he griefed. I know other people have been in that situation before; it's not just me. That's disturbing to me, having no sense of security in this server.

I have put continuous days of work into this place that I have truly dedicated my time and effort. I am not comfortable letting others destroy that while I merely stand by, doing nothing because I do not have the ability. Many of you have been here far longer than I have, and this will entirely discredit me in your eyes, but I am asking you to consider what really matters when you're looking to promote someone to Staff. Is it merely because they've been around longer?

tl;dr - Dedication.
Roboterlein
Roboterlein
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle 8/18/2011, 8:59 pm

Roboterlein wrote:I don't want teh awsm FlymOd... Hell, I could even do without the privileges granted to me from donating. /god? /tp? /spawn? I don't need these things to have fun. I want to be able to help, contribute.
What made you believe that we think that you only do it for the extra goods and commands?
You made your self pretty clear the first time imo.

Roboterlein wrote:I know I won't be able to live up to those responsibilities in the time I have left.
So what are you saying with this? You are willing to become guide for a short period of time?

I am sorry if i sound like an asshole, but i am just asking "Why?"
Leagle
Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Roboterlein 8/18/2011, 9:13 pm

Leagle93 wrote:So what are you saying with this? You are willing to become guide for a short period of time?

I am sorry if i sound like an asshole, but i am just asking "Why?"

I am saying that I want to do the most amount of good, and help as much as possible, in the time I have left.
Roboterlein
Roboterlein
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle 8/18/2011, 10:00 pm

Time left for what?
You know what, nevermind, this might become to personal.
Leagle
Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Roboterlein 8/18/2011, 10:06 pm

Leagle93 wrote:Time left for what?
You know what, nevermind, this might become to personal.

No no no, don't worry about it leagle. I have to leave in a few months for my military service. I shortly outlined that in my introduction post as well. Nothing to worry about.
Roboterlein
Roboterlein
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by WesleyMD 8/18/2011, 11:05 pm

Too Soon.
WesleyMD
WesleyMD
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by JonChen 8/18/2011, 11:11 pm

I have seen you welcome a boat load of people, and that's great! But, we shouldn't promote everyone who greets a good amount of people, or else we would have over 20 guides. If you keep up the good job you will eventually get guide, but not now. I would say try in a month or two.

JonChen
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by SumBoDeee 8/19/2011, 1:24 am

JonChen wrote:I have seen you welcome a boat load of people, and that's great! But, we shouldn't promote everyone who greets a good amount of people, or else we would have over 20 guides. If you keep up the good job you will eventually get guide, but not now. I would say try in a month or two.

This. I am not gonna lie, you have been her like 3 weeks and you are a very helpful person, but you haven't played long enough, if you were to get guide now, it wouldn't be fair for the other players who have been here, there are many people who have been her longer than you have who are eligible for guide too... js Also in 1-2 months I will vouch if you keep up the great work because you are doing awesome and thank you for the donation btw!

SumBoDeee
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathald903-ToiletRollMan 8/19/2011, 7:06 am

SumBoDeee wrote:
JonChen wrote:I have seen you welcome a boat load of people, and that's great! But, we shouldn't promote everyone who greets a good amount of people, or else we would have over 20 guides. If you keep up the good job you will eventually get guide, but not now. I would say try in a month or two.

This. I am not gonna lie, you have been her like 3 weeks and you are a very helpful person, but you haven't played long enough, if you were to get guide now, it wouldn't be fair for the other players who have been here, there are many people who have been her longer than you have who are eligible for guide too... js Also in 1-2 months I will vouch if you keep up the great work because you are doing awesome and thank you for the donation btw!

Basicly what I said too.
Cathald903-ToiletRollMan
Cathald903-ToiletRollMan
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike7899 8/21/2011, 9:50 am

he may have only been playing for 3 weeks but he was on for 16 hours a day sometimes, cool guy, helpful, friendly, he's got my vouch
Mike7899
Mike7899
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathald903-ToiletRollMan 8/21/2011, 10:38 am

Since the last post I made, I have realized that Roboterlein is always on the lookout for new players, many guests look up to him like a role-model, he's is always looking out for griefers and he gets along great with everyone. He is leaving in October and I feel he should be made Guide or more in 2 days at the promo's

ToiletRollMan
Cathald903-ToiletRollMan
Cathald903-ToiletRollMan
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

This is an Application for Guide. Empty im in the same boat as u and u get a vouch

Post by faststang4 8/22/2011, 12:23 am

Roboterlein wrote:Cool. I appreciate the vouches I have gotten, but I feel I need to clarify myself a little better.

I don't want teh awsm FlymOd... Hell, I could even do without the privileges granted to me from donating. /god? /tp? /spawn? I don't need these things to have fun. I want to be able to help, contribute. I'm not asking for mod or admin, and I won't, because I know I won't be able to live up to those responsibilities in the time I have left.

I'm also not belittling any of the staff or other players. That is so far from my intent, the thought of such an accusation is insulting. I want to help, period.

I decided to apply for Guide after watching and listening to Dyna handle griefers. I wanted to help rather than just nag the Staff. "Hey dyna, there's griefing here. Hey dyna, there's griefing there. Hey dyna, I just watched soandso grief soandso's shop." Not to mention when I'm playing with no staff on. When that happens, and it's just me and a few server newbs, I have no ability to prevent griefing. I just threatened to ban one newb, entirely bluffing, until he returned what he griefed. I know other people have been in that situation before; it's not just me. That's disturbing to me, having no sense of security in this server.

I have put continuous days of work into this place that I have truly dedicated my time and effort. I am not comfortable letting others destroy that while I merely stand by, doing nothing because I do not have the ability. Many of you have been here far longer than I have, and this will entirely discredit me in your eyes, but I am asking you to consider what really matters when you're looking to promote someone to Staff. Is it merely because they've been around longer?

tl;dr - Dedication.
even though i havent been on lately alot its cuz im gettin ready for school and such butt alot of the times staff just well arnt on like staff do there jobs but they cant be on 24/7 and i dont rlly even know waht im talking about im just rlly tired and i will see what i typed tomoorow morning and i will think why did i type that idk maybe im making a point? i have no clue whatever but u sir get one new couch and a vouch
faststang4
faststang4
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by saeTan 8/22/2011, 8:30 am

People are ignoring the qualifications necessary to become this rank. People have said "Fuck Time Played." That is not acceptable.

Roboterlein is not qualified for this rank
saeTan
saeTan
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next