mickdude2
Leagle
Kevo235
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My Wall of Protest - Page 2 Empty Re: My Wall of Protest

Post by J8cob1 6/5/2012, 7:10 pm

Okay, so I see both sides of the argument here. But I must say, what is the difference between a gold/iron block compared to a diamond block? The argument in support is them being "grief magnets", so why are gold or iron blocks not banned then? They could be classified as "grief magnets", but they are still here. If that is the only support there is then I could see why kevo would protest, are there any other reasons besides that? I mean, that reason is a bit weak to ban a block if we have LB... On that note, there will always be griefers, they will find something to destroy whether its a gold, iron, lapis, wood, cobble, wool, or any other block they feel like getting rid of
J8cob1
J8cob1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by InitialBN 6/5/2012, 7:25 pm

J8cob1 wrote:Okay, so I see both sides of the argument here. But I must say, what is the difference between a gold/iron block compared to a diamond block? The argument in support is them being "grief magnets", so why are gold or iron blocks not banned then? They could be classified as "grief magnets", but they are still here. If that is the only support there is then I could see why kevo would protest, are there any other reasons besides that? I mean, that reason is a bit weak to ban a block if we have LB... On that note, there will always be griefers, they will find something to destroy whether its a gold, iron, lapis, wood, cobble, wool, or any other block they feel like getting rid of

If a griefer destroys multiple diamond blocks, they could give out the diamonds. We can't reverse this with LB. Gold and iron blocks aren't as valuable, so we allow them. That's my understanding of the rule, anyway.

InitialBN
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle 6/5/2012, 7:27 pm

InitialBN wrote:If a griefer destroys multiple diamond blocks, they could give out the diamonds. We can't reverse this with LB. Gold and iron blocks aren't as valuable, so we allow them.
Leagle
Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 6/5/2012, 7:39 pm

Whatever. The griefer will get banned anyways. If a few diamonds is worth enough to get banned for, and assuming you have about 5 different accounts or more, and assuming you don't get ipbanned, I suppose you can find your way around the diamond blocks and not get banned. Personally, I don't grief. Nor do I have more than one account.

I guess what i'm saying is: if someone's going to do that for diamonds, they REALLY have no life. Also, I have yet to meet one griefer that is that smart that wants to stay on the same server he/she griefed for a long time.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by InitialBN 6/5/2012, 8:32 pm

Some people don't come on servers to play, though, just to simply grief. Those are the kind of people who do it. They don't want the diamonds, they want to give out the non-legit diamonds (possibly hundreds) to other players just to screw with us.

InitialBN
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 6/5/2012, 9:07 pm

InitialBN wrote:Some people don't come on servers to play, though, just to simply grief. Those are the kind of people who do it. They don't want the diamonds, they want to give out the non-legit diamonds (possibly hundreds) to other players just to screw with us.

Just saying, I've never seen this happen. It's a pretty far stride to actually assume this goes on, so using the same argument as you are, i'll just say that it has and will never happen.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingnothing_01 6/5/2012, 9:27 pm

yes.

but for srs bsns

I feel like it would be ok to use diamond blocks in small amounts.
fin.

My Wall of Protest - Page 2 758422
Kingnothing_01
Kingnothing_01
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

http://TheAmazingBrandO.com

Back to top Go down

Post by InitialBN 6/5/2012, 9:49 pm

Legit diamond blocks are fine with me, just not spawned ones.

InitialBN
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by MrShatang 6/5/2012, 9:54 pm

InitialBN wrote:Legit diamond blocks are fine with me, just not spawned ones.
Is there a way too tell if blocks are spawned or legit?

MrShatang
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 6/5/2012, 11:23 pm

MrShatang wrote:

No.

I still propose that we have diamond blocks as a whole. Maybe we have some sort of thing limiting them or something, but not totally banning them. King, Final and I have talked about this to great lengths in teamspeak.

My proposition is something like this: "You may build with diamond blocks, but they cannot be used in great excess. What is and isn't determined as an excessive amount will be determined by a staff member. You will then be warned to remove it/minimize the amount of diamond blocks in it. Further action may be taken if the warning is not heeded."

That's my alpha version of what I want to see the rules as. I mean, personally, i'm for just allowing it without exception, but i'm willing to make some sort of comprimise. I hope the opposition to this can at least try to get a comprimise on this.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by InitialBN 6/5/2012, 11:39 pm

MrShatang wrote:

Well, if you see maybe around 7 diamond blocks, you'd probably assume they're legit. If you see 50, they're probably spawned.

InitialBN
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 6/6/2012, 12:00 am

If this is indeed a survival multiplayer then we should be able to build with whatever material we so choose. We should not have to have our material chosen for us by staff for fear of griefers. Griefers will grief, no matter what block is used. So Raise the Diamond block banner high I say! Lift it and prove to the world that no griefer frightens us so much that we cower and hide away our diamonds! Stand strong and prove to the griefers that we fear them not! stand strong and show all the new players our vast wealth and intuitive spirit! Let all who visit Oasis know that we are a server for the people, by the people, and of the people, and let them know that we are defended and protected by our staff so much so that we use Diamond block! Let them know!

You know, that was a pretty good speech if i do say so myself.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 6/6/2012, 12:36 am

Anyways, my main argument for this is LB. So far, I haven't seen any actual intelligent counter-arguments..

No, opinions and unrealistic circumstances are not intelligent counter-arguments.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by FinalWorld 6/6/2012, 1:13 am

Ok I'm done with this petty arguing. If you children are going to act like children, then you're missing the point of being on staff, which is responsibilty.

Back on topic, I'm PRETTTYY sure the majority of the Owner Team agreed that we are going to allow diamond blocks in moderation. If anything, we can try out the rule with no damage to our server or our lives for that matter. I don't see the harm in this rule to be honest. Some of you may argue that you can break diamond blocks then spam diamond tools to massively grief. That's what logblock is for, and if you're going to argue it's going to cause more work for you, it will. It's not a big deal. Moreover, someone on this thread posted Andrew (the owner if you do remember) told a player building with diamond blocks is okay. I'm not sure what more backing you need to say the rule is changed, but that basically sells it unless you want to go against the word of the owner.

The rule is changed.

Staff who says it isn't changed is wrong.

TL;DR Nut up and shut up.
FinalWorld
FinalWorld
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

http://www.QLBACON.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by J8cob1 6/6/2012, 1:22 am

Well said Final.
J8cob1
J8cob1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by bran2525 6/6/2012, 1:39 pm

im pretty sure the rule has been changed a while ago xD
bran2525
bran2525
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by coda123 6/20/2012, 8:47 am

kevo, why do you want break the rule? if i can advice you: stop with these protest! You will never win
coda123
coda123
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 6/20/2012, 8:58 am

Stop reviving dead threads. 

THREAD LOCKED
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH 6/20/2012, 9:25 am

coda123 wrote:kevo, why do you want break the rule? if i can advice you: stop with these protest! You will never win

Technically he won this one. Js.

Oh, and dead thread is dead.

ChaosTheoryJRH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2