What do the Americans know about European history?

+4
samison1998
Atomic_Donkeh
ChaosTheoryJRH
ZweisteinX
8 posters

Go down

What do the Americans know about European history? Empty What do the Americans know about European history?

Post by ZweisteinX 7/15/2011, 5:29 am

Hi!
I personally know about American history only that Christopher Columbus found America in 1492 and your first president was Abraham Lincoln. So I would like to know what do you know about our history.

1. Who is Václav Havel?
  2. Who was Adolf Hilter? (lol)
  3. Where was Yugoslavia?
  4. What happened in 1989?

That's all, it's simple I think.:)

ZweisteinX
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

http://127.0.0.1/

Back to top Go down

What do the Americans know about European history? Empty Re: What do the Americans know about European history?

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH 7/15/2011, 5:42 am

1- He was the 10th (and last) president of Czechoslovakia, which makes him also the first president of the Czech Republic. He was also a playwright.
2- Obviously the leader of the Nazi Germany. Fun facts: He had syphilis. He had monorchism (only having one testicle) and he had an addiction to amphetamine.
3- Where Croatia, Austria, Slovenia, and Serbia currently are. <-----I had to use google a bit for this one, but I had a rough idea.
4- That was the year that the USSR fell.

Oh and Abraham Lincoln was not our first president, he was the 16th. It was George Washington (officially). There were actually 7 presidents before him, but not under the Constitution we currently follow. Also, Christopher Columbus didn't technically "find" America, since there were already Native Americans here from when Alaska was connected to Asia via a "land bridge" which was essentially a chunk of glacier that decided to go ahead and wedge itself in there. It has since disappeared and formed the gap we know today as the Bering Straight.

So yeah.... I kinda payed attention in History classes. Lol

ChaosTheoryJRH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

What do the Americans know about European history? Empty Re: What do the Americans know about European history?

Post by Atomic_Donkeh 7/15/2011, 5:49 am

I don't think we have extremely stupid people here on Oasis, Zweistein. Those dumb Americans you see on TV or on shows like "California On" are kinda rare, I should imagine.
Atomic_Donkeh
Atomic_Donkeh
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH 7/15/2011, 5:49 am

Atomic_Donkeh wrote:I don't think we have extremely stupid people here on Oasis, Zweistein. Those dumb Americans you see on TV or on shows like "California On" are kinda rare, I should imagine.

I guess I should feel smart, since I've never even heard of "California On"

ChaosTheoryJRH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Atomic_Donkeh 7/15/2011, 5:51 am

ChaosTheoryJRH wrote:
Atomic_Donkeh wrote:I don't think we have extremely stupid people here on Oasis, Zweistein. Those dumb Americans you see on TV or on shows like "California On" are kinda rare, I should imagine.

I guess I should feel smart, since I've never even heard of "California On"

Search it on Youtube, it's pretty funny :)
Atomic_Donkeh
Atomic_Donkeh
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by samison1998 7/15/2011, 10:14 am

1.fisrst president of the czech republic

2.leader of nazi germany and and the third reich

3.dont no

4.when soviet russia fell
samison1998
samison1998
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamole 7/15/2011, 11:53 am

Ok, i am not american, but

Who is Václav Havel? HIM
Who was Adolf Hilter? (lol) HIM
Where was Yugoslavia? WAS HERE
What happened in 1989? - THIS

This was meant as a joke btw guys, but I think that it obvious.
dynamole
dynamole
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 7/15/2011, 1:42 pm

You fools. The Berlin Wall fell in 1989 and the Soviet Union's collapse is debated to be somewhere between 1989-1991.

Although, you were mostly correct :D

1. My Cousin
2. That dude that did that one thing in that one place that one time.
3. Lat: 43° 45' 0 N, Long: 20° 45' 0 E
4. (and a bit more serious of an answer...) T. Square Massacre in China.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamole 7/15/2011, 2:36 pm

Kevo235 wrote:You fools. The Berlin Wall fell in 1989 and the Soviet Union's collapse is debated to be somewhere between 1989-1991.

Although, you were mostly correct :D

1. My Cousin
2. That dude that did that one thing in that one place that one time.
3. Lat: 43° 45' 0 N, Long: 20° 45' 0 E
4. (and a bit more serious of an answer...) T. Square Massacre in China.

heh also there was an earthquake in 1989 in new zealand killing like 13 people!!!
dynamole
dynamole
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lazahhh 7/15/2011, 3:35 pm

Who is Václav Havel? : The First President of Czech ! :D
Who was Adolf Hilter? : a Genocide leader.. dont want to talk about what he did... ._.
Where was Yugoslavia? : Jugoslavia ; Right under Austria, with : Bosnia, Macedonia, Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia, and Serbia.
What happened in 1989? : Berlin Wall is Open to West.

Questions were easy, i was born in Jugoslavia, and i love History. (:
Lazahhh
Lazahhh
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

http://Minecraft.net

Back to top Go down

Post by InvertPanda 7/15/2011, 3:37 pm

It's pretty easy to answer these questions after the first person already answered them, it's just a matter of looking up the screen a bit,
InvertPanda
InvertPanda
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lazahhh 7/15/2011, 3:37 pm

@Panda,
I didnt do that, i know theese questions .
Lazahhh
Lazahhh
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by InvertPanda 7/15/2011, 3:38 pm

I didn't say you did,
InvertPanda
InvertPanda
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ZweisteinX 7/15/2011, 3:39 pm

InvertPanda wrote:It's pretty easy to answer these questions after the first person already answered them, it's just a matter of looking up the screen a bit,

Its not about googling or copying, i hope people are honest and admit they didnt know it.;)

ZweisteinX
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

http://127.0.0.1/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lazahhh 7/15/2011, 3:41 pm

@Panda, Ok, i dont want to start a fight.

( I Miss You Guys :/ )
Lazahhh
Lazahhh
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down