NEW OASIS MC RULES HAVE BEEN RELEASED!

+3
Persephone
Revilo410
SilentSubscriber
7 posters

Go down

NEW OASIS MC RULES HAVE BEEN RELEASED! Empty NEW OASIS MC RULES HAVE BEEN RELEASED!

Post by Revilo410 7/26/2016, 8:19 pm

Hello everyone!

I am pleased to announced that some long overdue overhauls to the rules have been made!

You can view the new rules in the same place as before: HERE

All players, new and old should read them!

The simplified rules will also be updated in the near future!

These rules are effective IMMEDIATELY!

If you have any queries, please reply to this thread

Last edited by Revilo410 on 8/21/2016, 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

NEW OASIS MC RULES HAVE BEEN RELEASED! Empty Re: NEW OASIS MC RULES HAVE BEEN RELEASED!

Post by Persephone 7/27/2016, 8:54 am

Well I suppose my question would be what exactly the new rules are. It's kind of hard to go on a witch-hunt for the new rules in the entirety of the old rules. If you could just highlight the new stuff in here for the old players who already know the old rules, that'd be awesome :)
Persephone
Persephone
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

NEW OASIS MC RULES HAVE BEEN RELEASED! Empty Re: NEW OASIS MC RULES HAVE BEEN RELEASED!

Post by SilentSubscriber 7/27/2016, 10:06 am

.... Please no... I cant read through that again, please no!!

-Silent
SilentSubscriber
SilentSubscriber
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCajwveudwmWWcs3b3ItnTnw

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 7/27/2016, 10:12 am

I will post a summary of the changes made but lots of it was covering gray areas in nearly all of the old rules and clarifying anything that was before unwritten, so the summary when I post it won't be able to cover all our changes, but there is lots I can mention :)
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Persephone 7/27/2016, 10:37 am

Awesome, thanks Rev!
Persephone
Persephone
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lina 7/27/2016, 6:04 pm

Yes please *-*

It mostly looks like the old rules to me, except waaay longer and certain things are explained more clearly.

I like the large emphasis put on chat etiquette.

It's a decent read, but simplified version will definitely help.

Will the rule book be revamped or updated to reflect changes or has that been done already? Lots dont even check forums so that would help alert everyone else.
Lina
Lina
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 7/27/2016, 6:55 pm

My god those rules have tripled in size. And i still read every word....
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 7/27/2016, 10:38 pm

ThunderHorse wrote:My god those rules have tripled in size. And i still read every word....
^ This

Gotta know those rules for the one day I make my miraculous comeback and become super owner for life...
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH 7/28/2016, 12:03 am

Hyunyoung wrote:Well I suppose my question would be what exactly the new rules are. It's kind of hard to go on a witch-hunt for the new rules in the entirety of the old rules. If you could just highlight the new stuff in here for the old players who already know the old rules, that'd be awesome :)

I took the liberty of looking through it to see what I could find.
As far as I can tell these are most of the changes:

-Added copyright notice.
-Added YouTuber section in Section I, subsection a
-Chat etiquette better explained. Still a PG-13 server. Asked to keep the swearing/adult humor/languages other than english to a minimum.
-Clearer outline of Respect rule.
-Added death messages as a form of spam.
-Added Private and Group chat rules.
-Added Personal information section.
-Rewrote client-side mods section, as far as I can tell everything is the same though.
-Added a blaming others section to the ban section.
-Added Seuccess/Denial of ban section.
-Better defined Griefing and consequences.
-Automatic and AFK farm section added.
-Rewrote or added minor edits in PVP rules and Staff member rules.

ChaosTheoryJRH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 7/28/2016, 10:45 am

Speakint of the youtube thing. I have been thinking. It says nothing about youtuber "treatment". A lot of times youtubers think they should get special treatment just because they advertise the server. I think maybe add something about how they get bo special treatment or extra perks just cause they make videos of the server.

Maybe add a little more on that section flat out explaining just cause you post videos doesnt mean you get any special treatment
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 7/28/2016, 11:13 am

izumi4kona wrote:Yes please *-*

It mostly looks like the old rules to me, except waaay longer and certain things are explained more clearly.

I like the large emphasis put on chat etiquette.

It's a decent read, but simplified version will definitely help.

Will the rule book be revamped or updated to reflect changes or has that been done already? Lots dont even check forums so that would help alert everyone else.

ThunderHorse wrote:My god those rules have tripled in size. And i still read every word....

Shnoork wrote:
^ This

Gotta know those rules for the one day I make my miraculous comeback and become super owner for life...

ChaosTheoryJRH wrote:
Hyunyoung wrote:Well I suppose my question would be what exactly the new rules are. It's kind of hard to go on a witch-hunt for the new rules in the entirety of the old rules. If you could just highlight the new stuff in here for the old players who already know the old rules, that'd be awesome :)

I took the liberty of looking through it to see what I could find.
As far as I can tell these are most of the changes:

-Added copyright notice.
-Added YouTuber section in Section I, subsection a
-Chat etiquette better explained. Still a PG-13 server. Asked to keep the swearing/adult humor/languages other than english to a minimum.
-Clearer outline of Respect rule.
-Added death messages as a form of spam.
-Added Private and Group chat rules.
-Added Personal information section.
-Rewrote client-side mods section, as far as I can tell everything is the same though.
-Added a blaming others section to the ban section.
-Added Seuccess/Denial of ban section.
-Better defined Griefing and consequences.
-Automatic and AFK farm section added.
-Rewrote or added minor edits in PVP rules and Staff member rules.

ThunderHorse wrote:Speakint of the youtube thing. I have been thinking. It says nothing about youtuber "treatment". A lot of times youtubers think they should get special treatment just because they advertise the server. I think maybe add something about how they get bo special treatment or extra perks just cause they make videos of the server.

Maybe add a little more on that section flat out explaining just cause you post videos doesnt mean you get any special treatment

These new rules are very largely based on the old rules as the server is still the same Oasis it has always been, however we had many reasons for the re-structure.

Since we have now split into a SMP, PVP and MINIGAMES server, it made sense for us to split the rules as such. The old rules were very generic and taking a random, weird example, playing a game such as Pirate is actually against the old rules lol because its not the the "pvp world"... Hence why this overhaul was well needed.

So yes, firstly I took the old rules and split it into server sections, starting with rules that applied to all servers. It made sense to start with the chat rules that are ever becoming a staffing issue with the number of unspoken rules, gray areas, and increasing amount of players who like to push the limits in the chat rules. These new chat rules provide protection for both players and staff and make it very clear what is to be allowed and not allowed.

The copyright notice was something we felt was important to add in for legal reasons and due to recent circumstances with another player.

We mentioned that players can advertise streams and such BUT only if it is not annoying anyone as in the last set of rules this kind of advertising was not mentioned whatsoever and people used to constantly try and get everyone to go over to streams.

The rules on mods are the same as always but the rules regarding them were very sparse in the past, so we wrote some more detail into this section to also prevent the use of "mods" such as going into your config file to increase your gamma setting.

Griefing / Ban Appeals etc. still have rules remaining the same as always but we went further in depth as to what is allowed and not, and basically "idiot-proofing" the rules. There have been so many cases of people not knowing about things that you would assume obvious, so these have all been written out formally.

We have added a massive section on AFK/Auto farming detailing what is not allowed and what is. Namely that if you are "AFK" or not, idling at an automatic farm is 100% NOT allowed and we will either issue a ban for doing this or remove the farm with no questions asked as we have been experiencing massive server lag due to entity collisions and such from build up in these kinds of farms.

Not only this, but rules have been added regarding the minigames server as it previously had none to detail info about cheating, the minigames teams and any ranks you get from minigames.

The staff rules section featured some minor edits and updates regarding staff etiquette but remains primarily the same as it always was.

New rules have also been added about spawned items (I say "New", once again they are old rules that weren't documented before) regarding not allowing people to "borrow" spawned items, and how spawned items may be used in some cases in shared projects. This includes items from /kit as well as /i.

Banned items have also been updated with new things such as ender crystals that have the potential to cause mass server damage and are currently blocked from being placed regardless. But things such as flint and steel were previously under "banned items", and this has now been ammended to show how trusted players may use them.

Basically, yes, the rules are based on the old rules, the rules of Oasis SMP/MC are basically the same as they always have been, but there has been a big overhaul, we have re-worded, covered in holes, highlighted and fixed gray areas, and then also made it all more readable while providing more protection for all the players and staff on the server.

The simplified rules, teamspeak rules, rulebook in game per server and also I hope some new forum rules are going to be created as soon as we can.

Yes they have tripled in size, but thats because we now have 3 servers instead of one :P Changes needed to be made.

I know its a very long read, but see this as the "terms and conditions", the simplified rules I hope will present all the same information in a faster easier to get to know the rules way for new players. However, there is never an excuse for not reading the full rules, and just because something doesn;t appear in the simplified rules, rule books etc. If it is in the proper rules, then it IS a rule and will be dealt with as such.

I hope this helps out everyone.

As for the YouTube rank, I completely agree thunder, Im not sure myself if it however belongs in the rules of the server to mention this, I feel it may be better off as a stand along notice. Im not sure, I will look into it and edit things as such. Im sure I can add a quick subsection about YouTubing / recording on the server which also mentions the rank :) Actually, yes, I will do that as soon as I can.
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH 7/28/2016, 12:23 pm

+1 to Rev for being cool enough to put these highlights together.
I definitely missed some stuff in my rough outline.

ChaosTheoryJRH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 7/28/2016, 5:15 pm

Here are the new simplified rules:

https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t24676-oasis-mc-simplified-rules#114290

They still look long but cut out just over 80% of the full rules while still covering most of it
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down