Redstone controlled Jukeboxes

+2
AlvinB
dtfgator
6 posters

Go down

Redstone controlled Jukeboxes Empty Redstone controlled Jukeboxes

Post by dtfgator 5/1/2016, 2:16 am

Let me preface this by saying that I have no idea if this plugin exists - it's just an idea that came to me about an hour ago as I was building.

When I am building, I prefer to focus on smaller projects that have a lot of detail. Not necessarily high detail through the varieties of different blocks I use, but detail in the overall ambience of the build. That means adjusting the light levels, directing the viewer's focus, and controlling the sounds that you want heard. 

One of my favorite builds (ever) was a small, spooky house in the middle of a very dense and dark forest (that I grew specifically to be dense and dark, keeping the theme of controlling the light). The house itself was small, one floor with a floor plan that wasn't more than 16x8 blocks, but I purposefully controlled the light level on every single block in that house (if you aren't aware, there are a variety of interesting lighting bugs that afford quite a bit of control over, for example, fireplaces).

Currently there aren't too many options to control the sound that your viewer hears. There's water, lava, fire, minecarts, and.... not much else. But I noticed today that quite a few of the jukebox discs are pretty nice - but you have to manually load them, and the reload them if you want music again after the song ends. Pretty much 100% useless for that reason.

That brings me to my point, which is that I think it would be awesome to be able to control jukeboxes with redstone just like I can control all the redstone lamps in my building. It doesn't need too much functionality, nothing more than "powered->music plays on loop / unpowered->music stops". If I could flip the light switch in the lobby of my building and have my music start to play... that would be fantastic!
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Redstone controlled Jukeboxes Empty Re: Redstone controlled Jukeboxes

Post by AlvinB 5/1/2016, 3:29 am

Does hoppers not work with jukeboxes?
AlvinB
AlvinB
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 5/1/2016, 9:20 am

This sounds like a pretty good feature, even for people who just like the music discs and whatnot. I remember a couple I always liked to have playing in my domicile. If you could set that to the flip of a switch, that would be great. 

Plus theres that great atmospheric quality you spoke of for use in builds. Im all for it. Im sure someone could probably put that together relatively easily, if its only a few lines of script.
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisMaximus 5/3/2016, 9:50 am

I'm pretty sure jukeboxes give out a comparator signal when they're playing and not when they're not. Also like Alvin said, I believe hoppers work with jukeboxes. I love redstone, so if you need any help with such a contraption, I'd love to help you! :3
OasisMaximus
OasisMaximus
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 5/3/2016, 11:37 am

^ Although jukeboxes do give out a comparator signal, they do NOT work with hoppers. :(
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy 5/3/2016, 1:45 pm

You tried it on single player? I'm pretty sure they do. You might have to add a sign to the hopper on Oasis because of the chest lock plugin
Fithboy
Fithboy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/xxXDennoXxx/

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 5/3/2016, 4:43 pm

Of course I tried it in singleplayer - I wouldn't have put NOT in all caps if I wasn't 100% certain :p
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lina 5/3/2016, 6:54 pm

I have all of my music disks changed to full-length songs of my choice through resource pack, so if a method of looping jukeboxes does exist that would be pretty neat. Each song is 2-5 minutes long, I just keep manually resetting the jukebox after each song ends.

I have tried getting them to work with hoppers to no avail.
Also, via trvia section on the wiki: It's not possible to insert discs with droppers or hoppers, only by hand
(That is assuming this section's information is up to date though. The page was last modified on 24 April 2016, at 07:42, at the time of this post.)

I ran across a plugin called JukeLoop, but its last update is from 2013...soooo as far as 1.9 compatibility goes, not sure. The latest comment on its page says it does not work with 1.9. Maybe there's another.
Lina
Lina
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down