Rehabilitated Stronghold and End Portal Dungeon

4 posters

Go down

Rehabilitated Stronghold and End Portal Dungeon Empty Rehabilitated Stronghold and End Portal Dungeon

Post by Qprime 8/9/2014, 4:04 am

First things first: shout out to leagle for rendering my image links functional. Being awake for approx 20 hours straight and then attempting to upload screenshots, I discovered, doesn’t pan out so well.

That said; This is something I spent a good amount of yesterday working on. I hunted down what I, at the time, thought was the 3rd natural end portal on oasis. It turns out it is actually the 4th. My goal was simple: Reconstruct and otherwise repair the stronghold and create an easy, fast and fun way for people to access the end.

You have no idea how badly this place was messed up when I got there. Cut in half by a ravine, swiss-cheeze'd by a large cave system, and to top it off, an admin had been there in the distant past (roughly 8 months prior to my arrival) and had used the "megahammer" plugin to take roughly 10x10x10-cubic bites out of the stone looking for the end portal itself -- which hadn't actually spawned attached to the rest of the stronghold dungeon structure. (dem derpy generated structures tho...)

You could have fit Notre Dame cathedral down there in the space I filled up around what were, at the time, a few disjointed and gnawed on rooms and corridors of a stronghold. Just undoing the damage from megahammer alone was a 16,000+ block rollback.

I am proud to announce however, that the stronghold has been restored to its INTENDED state, with the end portal firmly reattached. I even had a good deal of fun decorating the interior as the final image below shows. Beyond that, I connected it directly to the surface and built -- what I tried to make as best i could -- a stronghold worthy castle atop the stairs.

Now, it wouldn't be a sufficiently "me" project it a rail track wasn't involved somehow or another, and wouldn't you know it, there's rails aplenty. The newly reconstituted stronghold is connected directly to the long distance tramway by a short and well themed bridge (courtesy of oasis's one and only resident Borg, Megascary2). The stronghold is conveniently located a very short trip from /warp origin, a mere 1 and a half tracks away, with the route marked by signs.

This stronghold is now OPEN TO THE PUBLIC and is free for all to enjoy! Come and visit it for fun too! i had a blast making creepy themes and ghoulish decorations. (there's even a functional execution chamber!)

That's all I’ve got for now folks!
Live well, build well.
~Qprime

Rehabilitated Stronghold and End Portal Dungeon 2014-011

Rehabilitated Stronghold and End Portal Dungeon 2014-012

Rehabilitated Stronghold and End Portal Dungeon 2014-013

Rehabilitated Stronghold and End Portal Dungeon 2014-014

[apologies for the following, it's due to software incompatibility]
.allblock_box_v1{border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-color:#ff5500;}

Last edited by Qprime on 8/9/2014, 8:41 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed broken links)
Qprime
Qprime
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Rehabilitated Stronghold and End Portal Dungeon Empty Re: Rehabilitated Stronghold and End Portal Dungeon

Post by Fithboy 8/9/2014, 5:04 am

My situation is dire
Fithboy
Fithboy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/xxXDennoXxx/

Back to top Go down

Rehabilitated Stronghold and End Portal Dungeon Empty Oh and there's a public mine!

Post by Qprime 8/9/2014, 8:39 pm

I forgot to mention, the cave system that I (mostly) filled up does lead to a nice ore rich area that I decided to set up as a public mine and linked it to the Stronghold Dungeon proper. The permissions are still a little screwed up: it's half protected, half not --I’ll get that fixed later. But feel free to pack a pickaxe if you decide to visit!

[apologies for the following, it's due to software incompatibility]

Last edited by Qprime on 8/9/2014, 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : technobabble)
Qprime
Qprime
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Rehabilitated Stronghold and End Portal Dungeon Empty Re: Rehabilitated Stronghold and End Portal Dungeon

Post by FairyNinjaStar 8/10/2014, 12:14 am

Awesome, good work Q!  cheers  You did such a great job of restoring the stronghold.
FairyNinjaStar
FairyNinjaStar
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

http://sarahchristina.hubpages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by robbie291 8/11/2014, 7:48 am

Looks great Q...done on a grand scale as only you can do.
robbie291
robbie291
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down