Would you guys play on a feed the beast server if we started one?

+23
5teel
Gr00veDriftTreh
Cupcake
woohoo_dude22
xXel_tacoXx
OasisMaximus
Heisenberg
Fithboy
Accusing_panda4
Candigurl198530
Shnoork
BiggJ1939
mickdude2
JediLPN
awesomezaxman1
flomzilla
ShadowWovle
Coaltrain615
MegaScary
Cheerioes
biocreeper187
robbie291
Paxination
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Would you play our own FTB server if we started one?

Would you guys play on a feed the beast server if we started one? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap65%Would you guys play on a feed the beast server if we started one? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 65% 
[ 37 ]
Would you guys play on a feed the beast server if we started one? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%Would you guys play on a feed the beast server if we started one? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 6 ]
Would you guys play on a feed the beast server if we started one? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%Would you guys play on a feed the beast server if we started one? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 5 ]
Would you guys play on a feed the beast server if we started one? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%Would you guys play on a feed the beast server if we started one? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 57

Poll closed

Would you guys play on a feed the beast server if we started one? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you guys play on a feed the beast server if we started one?

Post by Fithboy 6/25/2014, 2:19 am

If the server had the same rules as SMP about greifing and stuff then I'd be all for it for a while at least. Someone mentioned Hexxit above, a much smaller, magic and adventure oriented pack, this could be fun if we were just playing for a few months.
Fithboy
Fithboy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/xxXDennoXxx/

Back to top Go down

Would you guys play on a feed the beast server if we started one? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you guys play on a feed the beast server if we started one?

Post by flomzilla 6/25/2014, 3:03 am

Paxination wrote:
flomzilla wrote:
Paxination wrote:the one flom provided is for tekkit i believe....which is different from ftb

if you check the first link in my opening post, you download a launcher from there, and then after that, installing a mod pack is as easy as clicking on the one your want, and click launch.  After that it downloads and install the mods for you.  No work needed.  Its that easy.

my pc is pretty crappy, single core cpu with 4 gb of memory running 32bit win and 32 bit java....3.?? ghz cpu... 1gb video memory decent video card.  I am able to run  direwolf20 (120 mods) just have issues using NEI (Not Enough Items) as it lags my system.  other than that I am fine
Forgot about that lol.
Technic is pretty similar and the install is about the same.

but has tekkit even updated beyound 1.2.5?  Last time i saw, it was still at 1.2.5.
It's 1.6.4. the reason I had tekkit in my head is because me and some friends have been playing big dig and stuff.
flomzilla
flomzilla
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 6/25/2014, 6:12 am

flomzilla wrote:
Paxination wrote:
flomzilla wrote:
Paxination wrote:the one flom provided is for tekkit i believe....which is different from ftb

if you check the first link in my opening post, you download a launcher from there, and then after that, installing a mod pack is as easy as clicking on the one your want, and click launch.  After that it downloads and install the mods for you.  No work needed.  Its that easy.

my pc is pretty crappy, single core cpu with 4 gb of memory running 32bit win and 32 bit java....3.?? ghz cpu... 1gb video memory decent video card.  I am able to run  direwolf20 (120 mods) just have issues using NEI (Not Enough Items) as it lags my system.  other than that I am fine
Forgot about that lol.
Technic is pretty similar and the install is about the same.

but has tekkit even updated beyound 1.2.5?  Last time i saw, it was still at 1.2.5.
It's 1.6.4. the reason I had tekkit in my head is because me and some friends have been playing big dig and stuff.

holy shit, when did they finall get past 1.6.4?  Cuz maybe about a year ago I redownloaded the technic launcher to check it out again to see if they advanced past 1.2.5 and they still hadnt.  The year ago is a round about figure as well...lol.  Some time within the past year i checked i think.

*EDDEEEET* And yes it would be under the same rules. In fact a bit more strict than the rest of the servers rules unfortunately. Because of how easy it is to grief on FTB servers with all the mods, and I dont want to NERF the mods and make it less fun, we would whitelist it to only certain player ranks between SMP and PIXELMON. SMP and PIXELMON would serve as a feeder to this server. So griefing wouold be ZERO possibility on this server. And hopefully it will become a permanent staple in our family.
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy 6/25/2014, 7:24 am

I'd be up for that then :). The good Tekkit that people remember, Tekkit classic, is still on 1.2.5 because some of the integral mods were changed a lot in their next version ( equivalent exchange being the main one). Tekkit lite is fun, but FTB Unleashed is the best of that league atm. If I were to suggest a mod pack I'd say go for the Yogscast Complete pack. It has a huge amount of mods, and doesn't just focus on the technological side, also has a lot of magic and adventure sides to it.
Fithboy
Fithboy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/xxXDennoXxx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg 6/25/2014, 9:52 am

We've been looking at Direwolf, which I personally have had great fun playing I'm the last couple of days. We have discussed making our own mod pack due to how easy they are to make and download. It would be treat fun to have a pack based on what the Oasis community want, but I think we'll most likely start with a existing one not sure which we'll have.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Coaltrain615 6/25/2014, 10:31 am

i would LOVE it if oasis had its own pack and i would love it 10x more if i could suggest mods, i know some good ones
Coaltrain615
Coaltrain615
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 6/25/2014, 11:04 am

Suggestions is for a later date, right now, just need community approval/support.
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Would you guys play on a feed the beast server if we started one? - Page 2 Empty OASIS FTB

Post by OasisMaximus 6/25/2014, 11:09 am

I NEEEEEEEED THIS

if this will become a thing i will lock myself up in my room and just play all day long xD
OasisMaximus
OasisMaximus
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by xXel_tacoXx 6/25/2014, 12:04 pm

if you just need community support right now you got it 100% :P

xXel_tacoXx
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by woohoo_dude22 6/25/2014, 1:43 pm

ye

woohoo_dude22
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake 6/25/2014, 9:47 pm

Omg omg omg!!!! Yes! It won't let me vote on my phone but yes, also we need a oasis custom pack. :3 with awesome and more fabulous sprinkles
Cupcake
Cupcake
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr00veDriftTreh 6/25/2014, 11:31 pm

Never been a fan of mods and third party launchers. Its not because I don't like the changes its that I've never had a smooth reliable experience with one.(I prefer plugins since I don't have to deal with upkeep and downloading)

Beside the point I think this is a good idea as long you have the resources to effectively support all three servers.
Gr00veDriftTreh
Gr00veDriftTreh
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by 5teel 6/26/2014, 2:29 am

I would loveeee to see an Oasis FTB server.
5teel
5teel
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

http://canayedian.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Accusing_panda4 6/26/2014, 4:46 pm

if you guys did make a FTB server would it be Bukkit or Vanilla?I would prefer vanilla just so it wouldn't be slow but I really don't know if it would make it run slower.

Accusing_panda4
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Piucaa 6/26/2014, 5:47 pm

YES OF COURSE!
Piucaa
Piucaa
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 6/27/2014, 9:04 am

Accusing_panda4 wrote:if you guys did make a FTB server would it be Bukkit or Vanilla?I would prefer vanilla just so it wouldn't be slow but I really don't know if it would make it run slower.
We really don't know right now. We just wanted to know if you guys had any interest in a Feed The Beast server.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by OsgaTharp 6/27/2014, 9:09 am

I'd be pretty interested in a FTB server. I haven't really played many mods for minecraft even though I've played the game for years. Also, PvP with a bunch of new gadgets and tools would be pretty nice. 

I'd love to help with this and get some ideas rolling.
OsgaTharp
OsgaTharp
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by biocreeper187 6/27/2014, 10:24 am

If you could, Choose a mod pack with forge micro blocks and carpenters blocks.
biocreeper187
biocreeper187
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by momogowi 6/27/2014, 1:35 pm

I'm not really a redstone person, but i still say yes because it's something different. I love all kinds of mods too.
momogowi
momogowi
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by flomzilla 6/27/2014, 1:39 pm

Osgatharp wrote: Also, PvP with a bunch of new gadgets and tools would be pretty nice. 
Please let there be PVP
flomzilla
flomzilla
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Coaltrain615 6/27/2014, 1:46 pm

pvp and raiding would in my opinion suck if it was the main point of oasis ftb. id have alot more fun playing ftb with the aspect of smp. maybe and extra world for pvp like in smp
Coaltrain615
Coaltrain615
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by robbie291 6/27/2014, 4:48 pm

I am really looking forward to the ftb just kinda apprehensive about the complication of the crafting.
robbie291
robbie291
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Coaltrain615 6/27/2014, 4:56 pm

crafting is literaly the fun part, you have to grind to get the good stuff and the grinding is pretty fun
Coaltrain615
Coaltrain615
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 6/27/2014, 5:39 pm

No pvp at all.  Just strictly smp.  Not even a pvp world.

And I am going to close this thread, i obviously got the support I need!  <3
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2