My unfair temporary ban

+2
Paxination
tjmabie1
6 posters

Go down

My unfair temporary ban Empty My unfair temporary ban

Post by tjmabie1 4/13/2013, 8:27 pm

I don't know how to delete an entire post, reply to posts or anything, so this is the closest thing I could do.

Last edited by tjmabie1 on 4/14/2013, 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total

tjmabie1
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

My unfair temporary ban Empty Re: My unfair temporary ban

Post by Guest 4/13/2013, 9:03 pm

You annoyed me all day, for hours, since this morning. I asked you stop earlier. It didn't stop until (im guessing kevo) kicked us both. And if that didn't happen you'd still be doing it. You did it so much, it was close to spam level, and it wasnt just me you corrected, it was a few people, and it was unnecessary. You corrected people who were talking pretty much legibly... then proceeded to CAPCAPCAPCAP whenever the hell you wanted, got kicked a few times, and explained "caps are pretty".

I could nitpick you for every f**king time you annoyed me today and I asked you to stop. But that would take another hour. I left, why? Because I didn't feel like spamming telling you to shut up again and end up getting kickied AGAIN.
Greatjj and the few people on way earlier (way before people even kicked you this morning) can vouch for that crap.
I find it hilarious how you call me a hypocrite when you've caps abuse, language (faggot, gay, etc), and used your own messedup spelling/grammar with the excuse that "when I do it, I make it obvious" as the way of justifying that you need to correct everyone else every 5 lines. You didn'nt do this days ago, and I've seen you on- so why did you do it today? And after I asked you several times to stop.

Be happy I didn't screenshot everything and just flat out report you... I don't like seeing trusteds banned...EVER... unless they seriously deserve it... and since I felt it was only me being annoyed, I didn't report.... I told you several times "dont start" after you blatantly tried to edge me on.....

About the "sheep" thing you are so annoyed with. Your caps are pretty, my sheep are pretty. I love sheep, I know it, the players know it, staff knows it, DEAL WITH IT. People "bahh" and play along.... and in my opinion, my sheep-love is hell of a lot more justified then your stupid caps language spam and constant grammar correcting crap. We have one grammar nazi, and he's the best- and he doesn't do it for the pure sake of annoying the living crap out of everyone.

I'd say more but I'm too annoyed at the moment... I can't say much more coherently...

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 4/13/2013, 9:15 pm

tjmabie1 wrote:she could have just looked over my posts and forgot about them and not react in the way she did.

You could have easily done the same with her "SHEEP" thing! And other peoples spelling. I have seen you on the server for a long time now TJ and I have never seen you obsess over peoples spelling. Not to mention you were kicked many times today for various things. It is our job as staff to keep the peace and make sure EVERYONE has a good experience on the server. When you ruin some ones elses experience on the server, we are to act on it.

Just to make this arguement short, 2 things...

1. I wasnt the only staff that agreed with my decision.
2. here is the section I based my decision on.
b. Chat Etiquette
Swearing and sexual content are allowed on Oasis, but you should keep in mind that it is only allowed at an acceptable level. If someone tells you that they feel uncomfortable with the level of swearing or sexual content, you are to stop immediately. Excessive swearing or inappropriate language is punishable by a kick or even a ban. Oasis is home to a wide range of ages, so we ask that you try to keep chat suitable for all of them. Socially unacceptable terms such as 'getting raped' are also not allowed on Oasis. Oasis prides itself on the inclusion of everyone and we ask that you try not to make anyone feel uncomfortable or discluded. Please also note that you must use the English language when talking in general chat. Feel free to use other languages in private messages, but if you're going to talk to the server as a whole, make sure they all can understand what you're saying.

c. Respect
We ask that you exhibit a level of respect that would be expected from you in person.
This includes respecting other players as well as Staff members. Please respect the
authority of the staff members because they generally know what they're talking about. Also, the use of racial slurs or other extremely offensive language/behavior is strictly prohibited.
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Krazo 4/13/2013, 10:24 pm

Lina wrote:
We have one grammar nazi, and he's the best- and he doesn't do it for the pure sake of annoying the living crap out of everyone.

Did you just like... Mentioned me? <3

Anyways, listen to pax. He is the very wise old man. He only misses the big long beard.
Krazo
Krazo
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ327 4/13/2013, 10:55 pm

TJ, I've been telling you this for a long time, if you see something wrong, keep it to yourself or tell a staff member.. Also correcting people just for the fun of it is annoying so try and keep that to yourself please and try to act mature
AJ327
AJ327
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbeylw 4/14/2013, 5:32 am

tjmabie1 wrote:I guess my whole point of this post is to push a rule-making that mods need to ask for both sides of the story before they make a decision as big as banning someone for something as insignificant as I did. Or even something as significant as griefing, because sometimes even that can be an accident. Sorry for the long post. I just found this whole situation entirely unfair.

When possible, staff always find both sides of the story. However, sometimes it is completely appropriate to do a one sided ban. Griefers will always lie,ignore you or carry on, yet they still broke the rules. If we trusted every single ones ''side of the story'' then quite frankly we'd be over run. In exceptional cases, and where it is possible, griefers get a second chance and a new start.. So you can't really say we don't try.
In this case, it's quite clear that both sides of the story match. It's six of one and half a dozen of the other and I support Paxination in his decision. Both of you could have easily overlooked the other, and you copped out with the ban though, since you seemed to be the main antagonist and didn't follow the rules, as explained in Pax's post.
Abbeylw
Abbeylw
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 4/14/2013, 8:40 am

To be fair, I acted as your defence because I could see your side of this, but ultimately, since it'd happened on more than one occasion that day, we decided to just leave that punishment and leave it at that. Harassment is the issue here and it doesn't matter if it's one person or a million, you're still getting punished accordingly for it.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down