Quick Question

5 posters

Go down

Quick Question Empty Quick Question

Post by Big_Piglet 1/4/2013, 7:03 pm

Ok, so, I have a quick question for everyone. How often do you all do virus scans? Both full scans and quick scans.

I'm trying to find out exactly how often I should scan. I used to do a quick scan every few days, and a full scan on the weekend, but that kind of stopped when I found this server.

So yeah, how often do you guys scan?
Big_Piglet
Big_Piglet
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Quick Question Empty Re: Quick Question

Post by mickdude2 1/4/2013, 7:35 pm

I don't scan until it's too late. Seems to be ok. It's been 'too late' for my laptop for about six months.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by THC1996 1/4/2013, 7:55 pm

Pig, I do a quick scan every 2 days (Malware) and a full every few weeks. It works for me, hope it may work to help keep your computer up and running.
THC1996
THC1996
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle 1/4/2013, 8:00 pm

Never been infected since 2006.
I'm not even afraid of a virus since i don't download weird stuff on my computer.
Plus i can pretty much identify myself whats suspicious and whats not.

But usuall i let quick scan run on sunday evey 2 weeks wile i'm off to bed.
I only do a full scan when my antivirus tells me that it's been a long time since i did a full scan.
edit:
Also a full scan is quite a job for me todo..
when i do a full scan, its not only my desktop pc. i'll also scan my laptop and my 2 external HDD's
Leagle
Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 1/4/2013, 8:13 pm

What you were doing is just fine. But like Leagle said unless you download a lot of off the wall crap, you shouldnt need to do a full scan that often. Once a month for a full scan is fine!
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Piglet 1/4/2013, 8:33 pm

Paxination wrote:What you were doing is just fine. But like Leagle said unless you download a lot of off the wall crap, you shouldnt need to do a full scan that often. Once a month for a full scan is fine!

My main problem is I have horrible luck with computers. As it is, I rarely trust any websites - I was suspicious of the forums when I first applied. This specific computer has been reformatted before, and had a systems restore done twice. I go to websites people trust, but that's my problem - those are the ones most likely to get targeted by viruses, because it can infect more people there. I always seem to get horrible viruses too; once got a worm bad enough that a reformat wouldn't even work on an older computer.
Big_Piglet
Big_Piglet
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down