I require help from staff

3 posters

Go down

I require help from staff Empty I require help from staff

Post by vampiresfire 3/10/2012, 9:33 pm

my 16 lv sheep farm has been griefed and i hereby request staff assistance in locating the player responcible. this started a few weeks ago when most of my brown sheep were killed but due to the size of my farm the acting staff opted to simply replace the amount of sheep lost; which is understandable given each lv of the 16 lv farm is 40x40x2 but i was promised if it happened again LB would be used to find the player.
Today when i went to go get wool i found all 16 lvs of my farm had been hit with over 100 sheep killed. ChoasTheoryjrh and dixikid23 alonge with some other staff can vouch on each level i had over 20 sheep so in total i had about 320 sheep (my estimate is low) some levles had 9 sheep while others had only 5 furthermore some sheep where displaced suggesting this person dug down threw the floor. If this probelm can not be resolved i request a WE to add bedrock to my farm. Also for the older staff as of patch 1.1 sheep no longer despawn overtime in fact the same holds true for all farm animals.

Furthermore i cite Section V introduction of the staff rules which state the following
Intro:
Your first priority as a staff member MUST be to help out other players and catch
griefers before you build for yourself. If there are other players who require legitimate
assistance, you MUST help them out, even if it means interrupting construction on one
of your projects.
this is for the benefit of staff who informed me there is nothing they can do when in fact according to the rules they are required to assist me in this matter even tho my farm is large given there is no stipulation in the rules that allows for staff to refuse to help anotherplay find a griefer becuase its to much work.
vampiresfire
vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

I require help from staff Empty Furthermore

Post by vampiresfire 3/10/2012, 9:43 pm

I hereby request that farm animals be formally defined as blocks under the server rules with the stipulation a player can prove the relevant numbers.
vampiresfire
vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

I require help from staff Empty I apologize

Post by vampiresfire 3/10/2012, 9:45 pm

If the tone of my posts concerning this presumed grief comes off as rude or even aggressive but i have put a large amount of time and effort into this farm and to be effectively blown off by staff is very frustrating
vampiresfire
vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

I require help from staff Empty i did a better estimate

Post by vampiresfire 3/10/2012, 9:49 pm

assuming the low estimate of 20 sheep for each lv of which there are 16 and pretending exsactly ten sheep where killed on each lv even tho 5 and 9 seemed to be the common number that remained before i bred a few lvs in a pitiful attempt to fix the problem myself the actual number of sheep killed is much closer to 160 sheep
vampiresfire
vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

I require help from staff Empty Re: I require help from staff

Post by dynamole 3/10/2012, 9:55 pm

The main problem with making animals like block is..

There is no way of telling who killed them.

So this allows people to kill them themselves and say someone else did it (just so in away free foods).
It would also mean 24/7 watch on every "owned" animal just to make sure no one kills them.

It is a shame someone killed them, which staff dismissed this? - if your meaning on the forums... then perhaps leaving more then 16 minutes?

- Do you know who did this? if so have you got proof? - As mentioned above there is no way of checking to see who killed them as LB doesn't work like that.

If you don't know who did it, then there really is very little we can do for you.

320? as a low estimate, that is a lot of sheep - how did you get that many? - Assuming it's a typo :P

Sorry for the inconvenience

Last edited by dynamole on 3/10/2012, 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
dynamole
dynamole
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

I require help from staff Empty Proposed WE alteration to farm

Post by vampiresfire 3/10/2012, 9:57 pm

Currently my farm is 49 blocks deep by 40 by 40 divided into 16 underground vs by placing dirt at every third block. i would like the farm to be expanded to 65 blocks deep with the same 16 layers by adding a protective layer of bedrock below each lv of dirt. Also a request a bedrock cage replace the outermost walls of the farm.
vampiresfire
vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamole 3/10/2012, 9:59 pm

vampiresfire wrote:Currently my farm is 49 blocks deep by 40 by 40 divided into 16 underground vs by placing dirt at every third block. i would like the farm to be expanded to 65 blocks deep with the same 16 layers by adding a protective layer of bedrock below each lv of dirt. Also a request a bedrock cage replace the outermost walls of the farm.

You are aware, once steady versions of the plugins are available there is a good chance of a new map?
dynamole
dynamole
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

I require help from staff Empty i cant get proof without staff using LB

Post by vampiresfire 3/10/2012, 10:02 pm

the problem is staff have refused to do this because my farm is large. but all my sheep are underground so in order to get into the farm they would have needed to break and replace blocks to get in which as i understand shows up on logblock but is difficult to do. and concerning the sheep i realize it could be exploited by a malcious player but in my case i have two mod lv staff who have been inside my sheep farm and while they may have not counted each sheep im confident either choas or dixi would vouch to the scope of my farm b4 this happned. Furthermore what sheep farming in their right mind would kill sheep as opposed to farming them the goal is to get to an ideal number and leave it there.
vampiresfire
vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

I require help from staff Empty @dynamole

Post by vampiresfire 3/10/2012, 10:05 pm

yes i know a new map is coming its why i have not found the ideal number for a 40x40 farm and why i have not added the downward charge propagator to my autowheat farm. but this is beside the point some1 has killed a very large amount of sheep and that person left evidence on the blocks the destoryed and replaced such a large scale grief deserves a ban in my opinion or at least some sort of punishment as determined by staff
vampiresfire
vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamole 3/10/2012, 10:06 pm

[quote="vampiresfire"]the problem is staff have refused to do this because my farm is large. but all my sheep are underground so in order to get into the farm they would have needed to break and replace blocks to get in which as i understand shows up on logblock but is difficult to do. and concerning the sheep i realize it could be exploited by a malcious player but in my case i have two mod lv staff who have been inside my sheep farm and while they may have not counted each sheep im confident either choas or dixi would vouch to the scope of my farm b4 this happned. Furthermore what sheep farming in their right mind would kill sheep as opposed to farming them the goal is to get to an ideal number and leave it there.
vampiresfire wrote: sheep?

1) to be annoying
2) wool

Not sure how the whole animals thing works at the moment, i understand they don't despawn, but is there a limit to how many can be in one place at one time? or a limit to how many can be on the server?

don't suppose you know where the "Griefers" got in to you sheep farm do you?

[quote="vampiresfire"]yes i know a new map is coming its why i have not found the ideal number for a 40x40 farm and why i have not added the downward charge propagator to my autowheat farm. but this is beside the point some1 has killed a very large amount of sheep and that person left evidence on the blocks the destoryed and replaced such a large scale grief deserves a ban in my opinion or at least some sort of punishment as determined by staff

^^ i know it's besides the point.

However that being said, If we were to implement a rule on "animal killing" that player couldn't be banned for something he has done, which is now against the rules. As at the time of the killing it wasn't against the rules.

Last edited by dynamole on 3/10/2012, 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
dynamole
dynamole
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

I require help from staff Empty @dynamole

Post by vampiresfire 3/10/2012, 10:08 pm

to the best of my knowlege there is no limit for example on the 1.1 map b4 this one i had a 21x21 farm that had around 40 sheep
vampiresfire
vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

I require help from staff Empty People who have had access

Post by vampiresfire 3/10/2012, 10:10 pm

i would rather not defame any1s good name by placing their name in this who ever did this has broken and placed blocks on my farm floor or walls.

Edit= also just for the fun of it animal growth rate is described by the below sequence

2 3 4 6 9 13 18 27 and so on

Last edited by vampiresfire on 3/10/2012, 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
vampiresfire
vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamole 3/10/2012, 10:12 pm

vampiresfire wrote:i would rather not defame any1s good name by placing their name in this who ever did this has broken and placed blocks on my farm floor or walls.

Are the blocks still there now?

If not, do you know where they were?

It's late here is all (3:11am) so i can pop on quickly..
dynamole
dynamole
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

I require help from staff Empty Blocks

Post by vampiresfire 3/10/2012, 10:15 pm

no unfortunaly whoever has been doing this has been replacing the blocks so i could not just show you. what needs to be done to find this person is use logblock on about 320 wall blocks and 1600 floor blocks and that is only 1 floor of the farm this is why staff have been blowing me off its alot of blocks
vampiresfire
vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

I require help from staff Empty the good news

Post by vampiresfire 3/10/2012, 10:17 pm

is i would expect it only needs to be done for one floor to catch this person
vampiresfire
vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamole 3/10/2012, 10:18 pm

vampiresfire wrote:no unfortunaly whoever has been doing this has been replacing the blocks so i could not just show you. what needs to be done to find this person is use logblock on about 320 wall blocks and 1600 floor blocks and that is only 1 floor of the farm this is why staff have been blowing me off its alot of blocks

There are other ways - would you mind popping on to minecraft..
dynamole
dynamole
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg 3/11/2012, 4:00 am

Was the farm locked? If the only way in was through a locked trapdoor, then there must be some evidence ofa breaking somewhere.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

I require help from staff Empty @taccy

Post by vampiresfire 3/11/2012, 5:13 am

farm is always locked but in the past they have replaced blocks
vampiresfire
vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg 3/11/2012, 6:23 am

Should be easy to see who did it once everything's working again.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamole 3/11/2012, 2:09 pm

Yeah, the farm was locked - checked that myself.

However, there will be a number of names that might appear, given that he had help with the building and it is underground (so always a chance someone found by mistake).

^^ we will find who it could be :P
dynamole
dynamole
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down