J8cob1
ZweisteinX
commander_chair
sirporkrind
9 posters

Go down

Chest glitch? Empty Chest glitch?

Post by sirporkrind 7/15/2011, 4:00 pm

I've noticed quite a few people complaining lately of coming back and finding all of their chests empty. The chests were locked too. I believe that there might be a glitch with the locking system maybe that has been deleting the stuff in people's chests.

sirporkrind
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Chest glitch? Empty Re: Chest glitch?

Post by commander_chair 7/15/2011, 4:48 pm

This has happened to me, i lost alot of stuff.
commander_chair
commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ZweisteinX 7/15/2011, 4:57 pm

It happened to me too, i lost everything... Coal, iron, redstone, diamonds...

ZweisteinX
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

http://127.0.0.1/

Back to top Go down

Post by J8cob1 7/15/2011, 5:05 pm

It happened to me also... I lost so many things, including diamond. I lost over 6 chests of stuff...
J8cob1
J8cob1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cierte 7/15/2011, 5:47 pm

For when a staff reads this we need to come to a decission on how to repay people for this casue we obviously can never be sure exactly what people lost. they cant be sure for that matter. some one today said he lost 5 double chests completely full of the stuff. we need to have a set rule on how we are dealing with this when it happens each time.
Cierte
Cierte
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by sirporkrind 7/15/2011, 7:23 pm

Cierte wrote:For when a staff reads this we need to come to a decission on how to repay people for this casue we obviously can never be sure exactly what people lost. they cant be sure for that matter. some one today said he lost 5 double chests completely full of the stuff. we need to have a set rule on how we are dealing with this when it happens each time.

That or re-evaluate our current locking plugin

sirporkrind
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamole 7/16/2011, 3:01 pm

Cierte wrote:For when a staff reads this we need to come to a decission on how to repay people for this casue we obviously can never be sure exactly what people lost. they cant be sure for that matter. some one today said he lost 5 double chests completely full of the stuff. we need to have a set rule on how we are dealing with this when it happens each time.

agreed,

there is no real way of seeing what someone had in the chests before it got "cleared", the only real way is to check the logs to see what that person as put in and taken out of the chest (but that would take far too long to even be worth considering), Also, not saying anyone here is, but some people may "bend the turth" a little on what thay have actually lost. There is also a chance that the chest wasn't locked... I have thought i locked a chest, but instead locked the door (remember you have to left click on the object after typing in the code to lock it), once again not saying that anyone here has done this, just saying that i have forgot to a couple of times.

Given that the map is now 2 months old, alot of people will have alot of stuff, so when everything goes missing it's annoying, also as Ciete has mentioned, how can anyone be sure excatly what they have lost especailly when it aproching the 5 double chests amount, was every slot something valuble, un-likely......

hopefully this is an error which is resloved soon and everything goes back to normal.

Oh, have all those that have been effected tried re-logging? sometimes i get a "clear" slot which shouldn'e be clear and a simple relog sorts that out.... saying that, i haven't had it where an entire chest goes missing.

I hope this issue gets resloved.
dynamole
dynamole
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by J8cob1 7/17/2011, 1:54 pm

For the record, relogging did nothing. Also, all my chests were locked, and for some reason, only those within a specified area seem to get affected. The same thing happened in the grassland district recently, though only part of it was affected. The chests and signs on my farm a bit further out from the grassland warp were fine, but the chests and signs very close to the warp were wiped. Lastly, if it has not been mentioned yet, it wipes signs too.
J8cob1
J8cob1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Coldplaya 7/17/2011, 1:59 pm

J8cobs apartment complex had its chests deleted, but my plantation was down the road and everything is fine. I don't trust LWC. I would rather go for lockette.
Coldplaya
Coldplaya
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cierte 7/17/2011, 11:17 pm

You say you dont trust lwc but why. besides this last week from what i know there have been no problems with lwc since we have had it. but weve never even tried the other one before. there has to be a reason they chose lwc over it!
Cierte
Cierte
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 7/17/2011, 11:21 pm

The chest glitches are not caused by LWC, I am almost positive. The glitches are MUCH more likely caused by our new anti-xray plugin, as Andrew had to modify the server jar while installing it. The randomized floating stuff (as seen in the "randomized floating shit" thread) is also also probably caused by this modification. Until we get everything figured out, I suggest you take screenshots of the inside of important chests. If you stuff is lost, we can use the screenshot as proof to refund your stuff.
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by sirporkrind 7/17/2011, 11:52 pm

dtfgator wrote:The chest glitches are not caused by LWC, I am almost positive. The glitches are MUCH more likely caused by our new anti-xray plugin, as Andrew had to modify the server jar while installing it. The randomized floating stuff (as seen in the "randomized floating shit" thread) is also also probably caused by this modification. Until we get everything figured out, I suggest you take screenshots of the inside of important chests. If you stuff is lost, we can use the screenshot as proof to refund your stuff.

That would make sense as there have also been reports of chests looking like smoothstone.

sirporkrind
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 7/17/2011, 11:54 pm

yup
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathald903-ToiletRollMan 7/18/2011, 5:30 am

sirporkrind wrote:
dtfgator wrote:The chest glitches are not caused by LWC, I am almost positive. The glitches are MUCH more likely caused by our new anti-xray plugin, as Andrew had to modify the server jar while installing it. The randomized floating stuff (as seen in the "randomized floating shit" thread) is also also probably caused by this modification. Until we get everything figured out, I suggest you take screenshots of the inside of important chests. If you stuff is lost, we can use the screenshot as proof to refund your stuff.

That would make sense as there have also been reports of chests looking like smoothstone.

My chests are always becoming smoothstone. When I found it I kept asking a staff member to teleport to me or tell me whats going on but they wouldnt listen. I don't have much in each chest but one of them is my valuables chest. I don't know what would happen if both blocks of the double chest looked like stone. If you click the stone it takes a little longer for the contents to show but then when you click out the chest looks like a normal chest again.

Help??? scratch
Cathald903-ToiletRollMan
Cathald903-ToiletRollMan
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 7/18/2011, 10:30 am

Given that nobody's chests (as far as I know) have turned completely into smoothstone, my guess is that it won't happen. The reason for this happening in the first place (specifically, chests emptying/turning to stone and signs being cleared) is probably because of the way our anti-xray plugin works. It changes the way data from chunks is sent to your computer, so that ores do not appear until they are exposed to air. The data from chests and signs however, is stored differently from the majority of other things in minecraft, so their data keeps derping. As I said before, the smartest thing to do right now is take a screenshot of the contents of your valuable chests, so that if something happens to it we can replace your stuff.
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down