evilmidget38
ExtraSauce
Kevo235
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kevo's Introduction - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevo's Introduction

Post by dtfgator 6/10/2012, 5:20 pm

I admire you for your persistence. I had completely forgotten that you were demoted.
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 5teelPhoenix 6/10/2012, 8:20 pm

Nice intro
5teelPhoenix
5teelPhoenix
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Kevo's Introduction - Page 2 Empty banana

Post by Zuttley 8/11/2012, 12:39 am

Is it ok if i peel my banana on the forum?
Zuttley
Zuttley
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Gweedo358 8/11/2012, 3:03 am

LoL i read the whole thing and went wait a minute hes already a guide an then it dawned on me to check the date of the orignal post lol Nice into look forward to playing with you lol
Gweedo358
Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by poopyfacetamato 8/11/2012, 12:50 pm

awesome intro, i have to say my brain is fried, i think i have been reading for a least like 20mins, nice intro tho :)
poopyfacetamato
poopyfacetamato
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by jackOPSftw 10/30/2012, 8:16 am

TehEdward wrote:
Kevo235 wrote:Introduction Intro (Introception)
Well, I guess it's about time to start on my little introduction thing because I've read everything on the forum today and am honestly, a little bored atm. Well, first you should know that I'm from the Great White North, Canada. I am however literally closer to Niagra Falls than Toronto so there's better Canadians than me. Most people that talk to me say that I don't have an accent Canadian Accent and that I almost never say 'Eh'. To learn more about the word 'Eh' just google it. It's pretty much the exact same word as 'Huh' except that if you don't hear someone you don't say eh. Anyway, don't know what else to say from here so I'll just give you a brief history of my times at Oasis.

Beginning Days
Well, back in late January my brother got this wonderful game called Minecraft. I'm not going to lie to you, he explained it and it sounded rather stupid. It was from then on that I saw him play the game and thought to myself "Meh, I've got $20.00 to spend..." so, needless to say, I bought the game. I played Single-Player for aboot about a day and went on a site that had the best minecraft servers. It was at that time that I scrolled from page 1-10 looking for a server that was Canadian. I didn't find one so from that point I was thinking "Meh, I'll just join the next American Server, granted that they are nice." I joined one and was ridiculed for being Canadian, as I am in most American games/places, so I went back and joined the next one. It was at that time that I joined Oasis-SMP and was a guest. I was greeted by MarviNacho, FinalWorld, Cloudkesh and AtaSky. I saw that most of them tolerated the fact that I was Canadian and were nice to guests so I decided to stay. 3 Days later, I saw Ariley92 say that he was going to add in the 'Member' rank for the members that haven't been here so long. I decided I wanted to be a Trusted and posted my Application on the forums called: "Kevo235 for Trusted or at least Member Rank".

The Early Months of my Oasian Experience
Much to my dismay, (a little I guess) I only got member. I tried as hard as I could to help people on the forums and build wonderous things like "Winterville", My first city and the Giant Diving board (+64 to -63 blocks, a REAL thrill ride). I was managing my town one day when suddenly I was kicked from the server. Furious, I re-joined to yell ADMIN ABUSE and much to my amazement, was the rank of Trusted. Well, I was very happy then and was helping InvertPanda, A fellow Canadian, eh, one day making the 'Oasis Games Area' when he told us all to get TeamSpeak. Well, I decided to finally get TeamSpeak after being on the server for a month and found out that most of the Mods and Admins, even if they weren't playing on the server, were on TeamSpeak. Needless to say I got addicted to TeamSpeak and would go on it and the server for excesses of 8 hours every day. This lasted until I finally decided to build up the strength to go and make an application for Veteran.

Veteran Application, Various Builds
Having been on the servers for over 2 months, I figured sometime in late March that maybe it was time enough for me to be a Veteran. I signed up and made my application, including my Age: 16, my Time on the server, my list of people that would vouch and many more wonderous things like my favourite favorite Projects and who I had helped. About a week later I was thrilled to hear that I had been chosen to be a candidate for Veteran! I was so happy but somewhere in my heart, I knew I wouldn't get it. I was right. By 3 votes, Bmxfloris beat me and he was given the glorious title of Veteran. I tried the month after and the month after that but was never chosen as a candidate since. Needless to say I was heart-broken. It was in those elections though, that dtfgator said that "Neither of us deserve Veteran yet". Ironically, two months later, he became a Guide. Anyways, from then on I slowed my time on Oasis from 8 hours a day to 6 hours then to 4 hours then to none for about a week. I finally decided to re-join the server and help people and give myself another chance at Veteran. I wasn't chosen to be a Candidate. I still remained faithful and decided it was time to make a HUGE project, one of the likes that NOBODY HAD EVER SEEN BEFORE!!! With the unexpected help of Sinical, I was given the supplies to make a HUGE 50x50 Sandstone pyramid. Keep in mind that, that is 2500 blocks. When I was finally finished that, I decided to go one step futher by making it a 4 layered 4 cornered spleef arena where, the losers of the first round got to contest again and those losers finally got to have one more go at it until there was a 1st place winner all the way to a 4th place winner loser. Then, I grieved at the fact that exactly one day after it was shown to the public, one day after over 26 hours of relentless work, the server got a new map and the pyramid was forever lost.

Other Projects
I then decided never to make a project of that proportion again until I decided to help Wolfout with his and my 64x64x5 ''Lost City''. The project took many more hours of work and many boring nights before it was completed. My desperate attempt at being noticed by the public as an okay builder, and then school had taken me over. I couldn't get on Minecraft as much because, being in Grade 11, the schoolwork is relentless. I gave the project to Wolfout for him, but I was never realised as an Artisan. I then thought, hey... I've done everything in my power to help others, to build myself and the community wonderous things, given my last 5 months to the server and still, I'm not realised. I decided that giving long hours to the server was completely pointless and nobody had recognised me so I should just quit the server. I had then quit, but was so anxious to look and see what It had become since I left that I'd go check on it. Again... and again..... and again........ and again. I just thought to myself, I'll just rejoin the server. And so I did. Since then I've been too discouraged to build anything or help anyone much however because of school and recent events that I just decided to have fun on the server. I decided to see others' creations and deeply respect the amount of work that they've put in it. I'm seen mostly enjoying the spawn as it is much better than any of my own creations and then I saw on the forums that Vegeta had said that "He's doing what most people do when they want a promotion... He's jumping around spawn just waiting for people to promote him" or something along those lines.

Update
Well, I've been here for a while longer than this was posted... 7 more months or someting like that... and I read it over again and saw how badly I wanted Veteran. It wasn't until 5 or 6 months after this that I finally got it back. I got Artisan along the line somehow and on my birthday, October 17th, I got a $20.00 donation in my name. I've tended to act more maturely, or at least try, since I was demoted from Veteran. I think it helped me in the long run. These were days in which I was somewhat a rebel of sorts and Oasis wasn't exactly the most peaceful server out there. I remember flipping a coin once to see if I'd stay. Obviously we know what that outcome was. I got Guide a few months ago... February, if I recall. The same time as my 1 year anniversary on Oasis. It's been a hell of a run, i'll tell you that. Ever since then i've tended to not build anything besides the odd project here and there and just explore. It's more fun to observe the talent of others than to try to build something of your own, in my opinion. Flying around in creative mode is my new passion. I like to take screenshots of all the happenings around me. Unfortunatly, making a compliation will take a while with the new amount of screenies I have. I may need to make several... I constant aspire to become better than what I am at whatever it is that I am doing, so obviously (i'll say it right now) I want to someday be promoted to Admin. Obviously, that'll take time, but I hope the time comes someday in which I can provide Oasis with the maximum extent of my help. I also try to keep the rules exact and orderly. I've recently added some colours to it to make it look 'nice and shiny' as I always say.

In Closing...
Well, I'd like to say that Oasis is the pride of my life at the moment. I try to get on as much as I can during the weeks and weekends and try to help as many people as possible while doing so. It's been over 14 months since I first joined, hell of a time it's been too, and I can only expect better experiences to come.

That was one hell of a wall of text and I don't blame you if you don't read it. Somehow, it got seriously negged. Weird, huh? Must have been the time I pissed a lot of people off.

Cool.

Kevo235 wrote:Introduction Intro (Introception)
Well, I guess it's about time to start on my little introduction thing because I've read everything on the forum today and am honestly, a little bored atm. Well, first you should know that I'm from the Great White North, Canada. I am however literally closer to Niagra Falls than Toronto so there's better Canadians than me. Most people that talk to me say that I don't have an accent Canadian Accent and that I almost never say 'Eh'. To learn more about the word 'Eh' just google it. It's pretty much the exact same word as 'Huh' except that if you don't hear someone you don't say eh. Anyway, don't know what else to say from here so I'll just give you a brief history of my times at Oasis.

Beginning Days
Well, back in late January my brother got this wonderful game called Minecraft. I'm not going to lie to you, he explained it and it sounded rather stupid. It was from then on that I saw him play the game and thought to myself "Meh, I've got $20.00 to spend..." so, needless to say, I bought the game. I played Single-Player for aboot about a day and went on a site that had the best minecraft servers. It was at that time that I scrolled from page 1-10 looking for a server that was Canadian. I didn't find one so from that point I was thinking "Meh, I'll just join the next American Server, granted that they are nice." I joined one and was ridiculed for being Canadian, as I am in most American games/places, so I went back and joined the next one. It was at that time that I joined Oasis-SMP and was a guest. I was greeted by MarviNacho, FinalWorld, Cloudkesh and AtaSky. I saw that most of them tolerated the fact that I was Canadian and were nice to guests so I decided to stay. 3 Days later, I saw Ariley92 say that he was going to add in the 'Member' rank for the members that haven't been here so long. I decided I wanted to be a Trusted and posted my Application on the forums called: "Kevo235 for Trusted or at least Member Rank".

The Early Months of my Oasian Experience
Much to my dismay, (a little I guess) I only got member. I tried as hard as I could to help people on the forums and build wonderous things like "Winterville", My first city and the Giant Diving board (+64 to -63 blocks, a REAL thrill ride). I was managing my town one day when suddenly I was kicked from the server. Furious, I re-joined to yell ADMIN ABUSE and much to my amazement, was the rank of Trusted. Well, I was very happy then and was helping InvertPanda, A fellow Canadian, eh, one day making the 'Oasis Games Area' when he told us all to get TeamSpeak. Well, I decided to finally get TeamSpeak after being on the server for a month and found out that most of the Mods and Admins, even if they weren't playing on the server, were on TeamSpeak. Needless to say I got addicted to TeamSpeak and would go on it and the server for excesses of 8 hours every day. This lasted until I finally decided to build up the strength to go and make an application for Veteran.

Veteran Application, Various Builds
Having been on the servers for over 2 months, I figured sometime in late March that maybe it was time enough for me to be a Veteran. I signed up and made my application, including my Age: 16, my Time on the server, my list of people that would vouch and many more wonderous things like my favourite favorite Projects and who I had helped. About a week later I was thrilled to hear that I had been chosen to be a candidate for Veteran! I was so happy but somewhere in my heart, I knew I wouldn't get it. I was right. By 3 votes, Bmxfloris beat me and he was given the glorious title of Veteran. I tried the month after and the month after that but was never chosen as a candidate since. Needless to say I was heart-broken. It was in those elections though, that dtfgator said that "Neither of us deserve Veteran yet". Ironically, two months later, he became a Guide. Anyways, from then on I slowed my time on Oasis from 8 hours a day to 6 hours then to 4 hours then to none for about a week. I finally decided to re-join the server and help people and give myself another chance at Veteran. I wasn't chosen to be a Candidate. I still remained faithful and decided it was time to make a HUGE project, one of the likes that NOBODY HAD EVER SEEN BEFORE!!! With the unexpected help of Sinical, I was given the supplies to make a HUGE 50x50 Sandstone pyramid. Keep in mind that, that is 2500 blocks. When I was finally finished that, I decided to go one step futher by making it a 4 layered 4 cornered spleef arena where, the losers of the first round got to contest again and those losers finally got to have one more go at it until there was a 1st place winner all the way to a 4th place winner loser. Then, I grieved at the fact that exactly one day after it was shown to the public, one day after over 26 hours of relentless work, the server got a new map and the pyramid was forever lost.

Other Projects
I then decided never to make a project of that proportion again until I decided to help Wolfout with his and my 64x64x5 ''Lost City''. The project took many more hours of work and many boring nights before it was completed. My desperate attempt at being noticed by the public as an okay builder, and then school had taken me over. I couldn't get on Minecraft as much because, being in Grade 11, the schoolwork is relentless. I gave the project to Wolfout for him, but I was never realised as an Artisan. I then thought, hey... I've done everything in my power to help others, to build myself and the community wonderous things, given my last 5 months to the server and still, I'm not realised. I decided that giving long hours to the server was completely pointless and nobody had recognised me so I should just quit the server. I had then quit, but was so anxious to look and see what It had become since I left that I'd go check on it. Again... and again..... and again........ and again. I just thought to myself, I'll just rejoin the server. And so I did. Since then I've been too discouraged to build anything or help anyone much however because of school and recent events that I just decided to have fun on the server. I decided to see others' creations and deeply respect the amount of work that they've put in it. I'm seen mostly enjoying the spawn as it is much better than any of my own creations and then I saw on the forums that Vegeta had said that "He's doing what most people do when they want a promotion... He's jumping around spawn just waiting for people to promote him" or something along those lines.

Update
Well, I've been here for a while longer than this was posted... 7 more months or someting like that... and I read it over again and saw how badly I wanted Veteran. It wasn't until 5 or 6 months after this that I finally got it back. I got Artisan along the line somehow and on my birthday, October 17th, I got a $20.00 donation in my name. I've tended to act more maturely, or at least try, since I was demoted from Veteran. I think it helped me in the long run. These were days in which I was somewhat a rebel of sorts and Oasis wasn't exactly the most peaceful server out there. I remember flipping a coin once to see if I'd stay. Obviously we know what that outcome was. I got Guide a few months ago... February, if I recall. The same time as my 1 year anniversary on Oasis. It's been a hell of a run, i'll tell you that. Ever since then i've tended to not build anything besides the odd project here and there and just explore. It's more fun to observe the talent of others than to try to build something of your own, in my opinion. Flying around in creative mode is my new passion. I like to take screenshots of all the happenings around me. Unfortunatly, making a compliation will take a while with the new amount of screenies I have. I may need to make several... I constant aspire to become better than what I am at whatever it is that I am doing, so obviously (i'll say it right now) I want to someday be promoted to Admin. Obviously, that'll take time, but I hope the time comes someday in which I can provide Oasis with the maximum extent of my help. I also try to keep the rules exact and orderly. I've recently added some colours to it to make it look 'nice and shiny' as I always say.

In Closing...
Well, I'd like to say that Oasis is the pride of my life at the moment. I try to get on as much as I can during the weeks and weekends and try to help as many people as possible while doing so. It's been over 14 months since I first joined, hell of a time it's been too, and I can only expect better experiences to come.

That was one hell of a wall of text and I don't blame you if you don't read it. Somehow, it got seriously negged. Weird, huh? Must have been the time I pissed a lot of people off.

Cool.

jackOPSftw
jackOPSftw
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 10/1/2013, 7:47 am

2200 words approx. holy shit this is longer than senior ap english essay. Updated again folks. Just a bunch of random shit.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by FerociousFeline 3/10/2014, 8:54 pm

This was a wondrously brilliant story, im glad you shared it ;w; <3 It was marvelous, fantastic, simply stupendous to read!
FerociousFeline
FerociousFeline
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2