Shnoork
Gorecore666
4emersons
20 posters

Go down

4emersons Jrmod Application Empty 4emersons Jrmod Application

Post by 4emersons 12/12/2018, 4:13 am

Minecraft username: 4emersons

How long have you been playing on THIS server?: Nearly 6 years, since I joined right at the start of 2013. 

How often do you plan on being on THIS server?: I have been playing anywhere from 7 hours to 15 or 16 or more hours per day on here recently and I hope to continue a similar schedule. I'm not taking any classes this upcoming semester, so I have a lot of free time.

Name any JrMods, Mods, or Admins who would vouch for you: madscientist032, Emna, and Indoorpool. 

Why do you deserve to be part of the Oasis Staff team? What sets you apart from the other players and would make you a good part of the staff?: 

Well, I suppose I'll kick this off with a little bit about me. As many of you know, my name is Ben. I'm a Retired staff member who's been playing on Oasis since the first days of 2013. I spent over a year as staff and ended up Retiring in 2015 due to my life getting increasingly busy and me wanting to use more of my free time to explore other hobbies and hang out with friends. I am a 19 year-old college student, but I'm taking a gap semester this upcoming one and I'm looking at 2 more years in college starting in the fall in 2019. I have and will likely have a lot of free time at least until the fall, and I'm enjoying spending a lot of that time on Oasis. I'm a people-person; I love talking to people and getting to know them, and I tend to get along well with most people I meet. I don't like to think negatively about people and try to keep out of drama and gossip as much as I can. Also, I love music!  cheers

I am very active on Oasis, and I think my level of activity is one thing that sets me apart from a lot of people. Over the last couple months, I have been playing up to 15 or 16 hours per day, and I don't plan on slowing down any time soon. On top of that, whenever my PC is on, I have both the forums and Discord open, so I would be prepared to deal with any issues that come up swiftly. I am a very active part of the economy and I encourage everyone to do more when it comes to shops (making shops, or using them). I have put in the time and effort to figure out average costs of most items on the market and do my best to price items fairly and help others out with that information as well. Due to my activity, I see quite a few brand new players joining Oasis and I do what I can to help show them the ropes of the server a bit and help them get started. In addition to that, a big thing that defines me on the server is my helpfulness and willingness to put my plans on hold to help somebody else out. I've helped flatten/dig out several areas, I love building and I've been able to give a few people building tips and help them come up with ideas to improve their builds, as well as coming alongside some people and doing building projects with them, and helping out with pricing ideas and other general shop help. 

I am also a very experienced player on Oasis and Minecraft. Like I said previously, I started playing in January of 2013 and have worked my way up the ranks. I was  Trusted+, followed by Veteran (now called Oasian), and then spent about a year and 3 months as a staff member (worked my way up to the Mod rank). I've seen many people come and go over my time on the server. After I retired, I spent a couple updates fairly inactive, although I would come on once in a while to build something random or chat with people, even though often when I joined, it was later at night and nobody was on. However I was decently active for a good portion of the 1.12 update, and since we updated to 1.13, I've spent a boatload of time on the server, a lot of it dedicated to getting to know many different newer players who I didn't know previously, and also getting to know more about some older players I wasn't close with before. I feel like I have definitely made up for the time spent not very active after my retirement. Another important thing to note is because I spent a year and 3 months as a staff member, I am very familiar with what it takes to be staff, including staff etiquette, responsibilities, and expectations. Now I am sure there are things prevalent now that were not back when I was staff, but I have a solid base through my experience and would be very teachable. 

I also take pride in being knowledgeable about both Oasis and Minecraft in general. I've always been an information hoarder and tried to learn what I can about something before diving into it, and this is no different. I got to the Minecraft wiki often to learn more about newer items that I have less experience in, but I know a lot about many features of the game as well as our server ranks and what they entail, donator perks, and various other aspects of our gaming experience such as mcmmo, shop commands, mob spawning rates and ways to make good farms, etc.. 

In conclusion, I believe what sets me apart most clearly is my activity, experience, and knowledge of various things relating to Oasis. I'm on the server for many hours per day and that allows me to get to know a lot of people and help them out any way I can, find bugs and other areas where we might be able to improve, as well as help out players because I am on the server for a long time daily where there is no staff member present. Back when I was a staff member, I absolutely LOVED being staff and doing staffy things, and over the last month or two I've been itching to make this application but I wanted to wait long enough to hopefully stifle any remaining doubt that I would not be dedicated enough to make a good staff member, so instead I used my time to help people in my current role as [Retired]. One last thing to add here, I spent about 2 years working a job as a Customer Service Manager at a grocery store, so I watched over all of the cashiers/service desk workers, and if anything went wrong or we had customer complaints or simple weird situations, I was the person who had to deal with it, so I learned a great deal about how to deal with frustrating people without stressing about it as well as how to resolve conflicts among people and maintain a positive culture around the place, and I feel those skills would translate really well to being a staff member on Oasis and would help quite a bit. 

Thank you for reading it and hopefully considering me for the rank of Jrmod once again,
-Ben  Smile

Last edited by 4emersons on 12/23/2018, 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

4emersons Jrmod Application Empty Re: 4emersons Jrmod Application

Post by Gorecore666 12/12/2018, 4:20 am

Big ole Potato sized vouch!
4emersons Jrmod Application 07c
Gorecore666
Gorecore666
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 12/12/2018, 10:32 am

I can vouch
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by crumplespark 12/12/2018, 6:01 pm

im gonna vouch for this person
crumplespark
crumplespark
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by LenTox_245 12/12/2018, 6:07 pm

I vowch.

Reason:
Emerson has taught me so much about building (more of me doing a rough build and then he went back and corrected some stuff that looked suspicious) while we built a nether house together. He taught me the use of other blocks that can highlight the entire build (such as red netherbricks in a nether build) I started with such a small building and it expanded into this enormus (thats an overstatement :P) house. I am so grateful for all that he has taught me. I also see the great potential emerson has (I sound like a teacher at parent-teacher confrences... im not lol) to be an even greater staff member.
LenTox_245
LenTox_245
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

https://www.youtube.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HealthMagazine 12/12/2018, 6:43 pm

Vouch! <3
HealthMagazine
HealthMagazine
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaine 12/12/2018, 8:30 pm

Total vouch!
Blaine
Blaine
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 2iguys 12/13/2018, 12:37 am

VOUCHES cause this guy can really do great things as a staff (as proven before) and I would love to see him back on the team!
4emersons Jrmod Application 2iguys10

Last edited by 2iguys on 12/27/2018, 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
2iguys
2iguys
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Lina 12/13/2018, 2:17 am

4emersons Jrmod Application J3Hbvy9
Lina
Lina
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 12/13/2018, 9:37 am

Vouch, awesome seeing some of the old staff re-applying
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Emna 12/13/2018, 6:11 pm

VOUCH!! YESSSS
Emna
Emna
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by IndoorPool 12/13/2018, 7:25 pm

4emersons Jrmod Application Vouch16
IndoorPool
IndoorPool
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTomenon 12/13/2018, 7:41 pm

hi

vouch
LordTomenon
LordTomenon
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 12/14/2018, 5:30 pm

4emersons Jrmod Application Vouch-10
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

4emersons Jrmod Application Empty vouched

Post by John_Crichton 12/14/2018, 8:39 pm

4emersons Jrmod Application Vouch110
John_Crichton
John_Crichton
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 12/20/2018, 8:22 pm

Thanks to everyone supporting me, it really means a lot! Cheers!  Smile cheers
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by QuartzKoi 12/20/2018, 8:25 pm

You've got my vouch bud, hope you get it!
QuartzKoi
QuartzKoi
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMelody 12/20/2018, 8:28 pm

He's taken most of my money and now he wants my vouch too? Oh fine. You can have it!
LadyMelody
LadyMelody
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Tree 12/23/2018, 7:14 am

Vouch for thy Viking
Tree
Tree
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by LivvyOasisYT 12/26/2018, 8:57 pm

vouchidy
LivvyOasisYT
LivvyOasisYT
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeliever 12/27/2018, 3:39 pm

4emersons Jrmod Application Vouch_10
Beeliever
Beeliever
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 12/29/2018, 4:05 pm

Approved!! Welcome back to the staff team!!
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down