4emersons
11 posters

Go down

4emersons JrMod Application Empty 4emersons JrMod Application

Post by 4emersons 10/21/2013, 8:56 pm

Minecraft username: 4emersons

Real name (recommended):  Ben Emerson

How long have you been playing on THIS server?:  9 months

How often do you plan on being on THIS server?:  Until Oasis ceases to exist.

Name any JrMods, Mods, or Admins who would vouch for you:  <Admin>Krazo

Why do you deserve JrMod status? What sets you apart from the other players and would make you a good part of the staff?: 

This is a bit long, but I would greatly appreciate it if you take the time to read it all. Smile 

-I Am Friendly
I am always super friendly and inviting (except for rare days that I am in a terrible mood.  Even when I am in a terrible mood, I try to hide my anger and frustration, but it isn't always 100% concealed) to everyone on the server, no matter what rank they have.  I am as friendly as possible to the new people as well as the long time players.  I do my best to answer everyone's questions and help out anyone as much as possible.  I have been playing long enough that I know a lot about the Oasis rules, forum features, and in-game features (other than redstone, I have never understood redstone well).  I do my best to help people who misunderstand some rules, features, settings, etc.

-I Am Helpful
I am always as helpful as possible.  I help many people with many things.  I help mostly with flattening areas, explaining rules, showing people how to forum (or at least the part that I know, because there is still a few things I am shadey about), showing people how to use various plugins that we have, selling people supplies cheaply, etc.  I have helped people by giving them advice on how to make there builds a bit better.  Even though I am not a fantastic builder, I do my best.  I help people with building sometimes, but there are a fairly large amount of better builders on here than me, so people ask them before me usually.  I try to always have a bunch of legit items that I can use to help others who do not have the /I command.  My favorite thing to do on Oasis is help others out.  Being a JrMod would bring more opportunities for helping out, with being able to cleanse the server from rule-breakers, with being able to roll back griefers, so the owner of the land that got griefed can return to normal and not be crippled by the damage that the griefer made.  I love when people are happy, and I know for a fact that sometimes as little as 1 simple nice act can completely change someone's day for the better.  It brings a smile to my face when I think about people being happy because of something I did/said.  I love impacting people in a good way. 

-I Am Respectful
I always try to be respectful of everyone, no matter if they are Owners, or guests.  Everyone deserves respect.  I see a lot of people who a disrespectful of griefers, saying profane things towards them and insulting them, and to be honest, I really hate when people do that.  I agree that it is best to ban rule-breakers because they did not respect our rules that are there to make Oasis a better and safer place, but I do believe that no matter how they treat you, everyone should treat each other with respect, because it might just change them, and it shows maturity.  I also respect the rules.  Every once in a while, I will use caps a bit more than I should, but to my knowledge, I do not disobey the rules at all.  You will RARELY find me swearing, as I am a Christian (not talking about religion any more than that because it is considered a taboo topic here on Oasis) so I find the rule that outlaws the use of excessive swearing a rule that I will take really seriously, but I will not let my religion make my decisions to ban or kick anyone much more, if more at all, strict than other staff (that is, if I get JrMod).

-I Am Mature
I always try to be as mature as I can be, mainly because I find it to be really annoying when there is an immature player who spams the server, purposely annoys or bothers people, begs for stuff, etc.  I try to be, and I suggest that you act, as mature and respectful as possible to show everyone that you are a nice, mature, trustworthy person.  It is also important to not inconvenience staff members if it is something not very important because they are usually pretty busy making Oasis a better and safer place for everyone to enjoy.  Also, if you act in a mature manor, you will notice that people will respect you more than before.  Don't take this as me saying it is a bad thing to be silly or witty or anything like that, I am just saying don't be obnoxious.  There are the right times to joke, but there are also times to not make jokes.  I do my best to recognize the situations that it is not a good idea to make jokes, and I try to not take my jokes too far.

I Am Active
I am super active on both the SMP server and the SMP forums.  I love a lot, so I spend a lot of time on Oasis.  Usually, I am on Oasis anywhere from 4 to 10 hours a day all depending on how much my mom and sister need it.  Of course, I will have days where I cannot be on Oasis as much because of church, hanging out with friends, etc.  I check the forums at least 20 times a day and I look at almost every post that has been made.  I find the forums really useful in knowing the events, new plugins, etc.  I suggest that everyone looks at the forums quite a bit, so y'all can know about everything. 

-I Am Knowledgeable About Oasis Features
I am pretty knowledgeable when it comes to Oasis events, plugins, and features.  I would be happy to help anyone that I can, just /msg 4emersons in-game or here on the forums, or simply ask in regular chat in-game.  I spend a lot of time reading over the detailed version of the rules here on the forums and looking through posts.  I would think I know more than the average Oasian about Oasis, but I still don't know everything.  I acquired a lot of knowledge about stuff just by simply asking.  If you don't know something that you want to know, don't be afraid or ashamed about asking.  Everyone at one point doesn't know how to do stuff, and most of us are happy to help you learn! Smile 

Please leave your vouch (if you are vouching) in the Reply section, or please leave constructive criticism if you don't think I am worthy of JrMod, stating what I could improve on.  You can PM me or email me at beenjamminee@gmail.com with any questions you have about me, just please keep them logical questions. 

Thank you all who read this all, I know it is quite long. Smile  I spent a few weeks making this as nice as possible. Smile
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

4emersons JrMod Application Empty Re: 4emersons JrMod Application

Post by Accusing_panda4 10/21/2013, 9:50 pm

My Pandas Vouch for you!

Accusing_panda4
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nighthound17 10/21/2013, 11:40 pm

4emer's JrMod App + 1 Magical Puppy Vouch = Instant Ownership Status

You are cheerful, helpful, active, and courteous to others. I could keep naming traits but it would stretch far to big for the forums. Keep up the fantastic work. I hope to see you as staff soon. Staffies...LUV DIS APP OR I FIND YOU.
Nighthound17
Nighthound17
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 10/22/2013, 4:33 pm

I think Jr.Mod would work out well for you, Ben. Keep in mind, anyone skeptical here, Jr.Mod is a trial type of thing, for staff to see how well a player would staff, not necessarily major in the grand scheme of things, but important nonetheless. With that in mind, I would DEFINITELY leave a vouch up in here!
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleInYourFace 10/22/2013, 5:11 pm

[Achievement Get!]
Get Vouched by an Apple!

I've known you for a few months now and every time I'm on I see you helping people from Guest to Owner, either giving advice, helping build, etc. You have probably prevented a few catastrophes by helping Guests quickly become Member, I think you'd be a great addition to the Staff Team. I really can't say any "improvements" you could make.

4emersons wrote: I love when people are happy, and I know for a fact that sometimes as little as 1 simple nice act can completely change someone's day for the better.  It brings a smile to my face when I think about people being happy because of something I did/said.  I love impacting people in a good way.
This is very much true.
AppleInYourFace
AppleInYourFace
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone 10/22/2013, 8:03 pm

I have no doubt you can handle the level of maturity and mental abilities required in staff members, if you also manage to be adept at using all the tools required to be staff, (WE, coreprotect, banning players, etc) then I see no reason you shouldn't be on the staff team!4emersons JrMod Application RYJfhCE
Xhoblophone
Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by jandavey 10/24/2013, 12:42 am

Omg, like, I vouch for this. It's a nice intelligible application. You're online a lot, and stay for extensive periods of time. When you have to leave for baseball and such. It's two day absences, which I admire. As I see people seeping away from Oasis, 3-7 days at a time. P face 

Anyway, vouch. Time for unintelligible gibberish only turtwigs can understand!
Dey see me rollin, dey be hatin
*rolls leaf vouches on wheels*

jandavey
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by FairyNinjaStar 10/24/2013, 7:54 am

I've witnessed you being helpful on multiple occasions, and your application is well written. so for that...

you have my vouch.
FairyNinjaStar
FairyNinjaStar
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

http://sarahchristina.hubpages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rigo 10/28/2013, 5:59 pm

nope :3 <3
rigo
rigo
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyChick07 10/28/2013, 7:04 pm

:OOO TWIN! :D You Deserve My vouch! Every time you're on the server you're always so friendly and kind and welcome everyone! You are very mature and I believe you WILL make great staff! Good luck <3 (rigo y a nope :c)
LovelyChick07
LovelyChick07
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by bober_rus 11/6/2013, 12:46 pm

Locked because of 4emerson's request .
bober_rus
bober_rus
Gold Miner
Gold Miner