+4
ThunderHorse
Shnoork
Persephone
OmniTurbo
8 posters

Go down

Should I Close GriefHouse?

GriefHouse Possibly Closing I_vote_lcap23%GriefHouse Possibly Closing I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
GriefHouse Possibly Closing I_vote_lcap69%GriefHouse Possibly Closing I_vote_rcap 69% 
[ 9 ]
GriefHouse Possibly Closing I_vote_lcap8%GriefHouse Possibly Closing I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

GriefHouse Possibly Closing Empty GriefHouse Possibly Closing

Post by OmniTurbo 5/27/2017, 10:18 am

Hey everyone, it's Turbo, the current owner/lead of GriefHouse.

If you don't know yet, GriefHouse is a fun SMP minigame about looting a small area and keeping the items. There are risks involved, and it isn't the GH staff's fault if you die, and your items can be looted and will not be refunded.

I am thinking of closing GriefHouse down (not tearing it down) due to multiple reasons. Number one is the fact that the GH Team isn't too active aside from me. Panda's MC launcher isn't working, idk what happened with Naka, Ripstik, or Matt. Number two is I'm honestly not able to run it alone, it's just to much work for me right now, and I'm not too motivated to do it right now. And that brings me to the Third reason. There's been a decline in interest in GH, and frankly, I just don't think the community is too interested anymore. The final reason is that people are straight-up vandalizing the GriefHouse lobby.

So, due to all of these reasons, I am putting up a poll for you all to vote on and help me choose to close down GH, hand it off to someone, or try and keep it going alone. I'll also add an option for you to apply to join the team and help me with keeping it up, if you want to do that just PM me. I'm leaving the poll up for three weeks, or twenty-one days.

Thank you for your time,
                               TurboNewspaper

Last edited by TBNRTurbo on 5/27/2017, 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tweaking the post, adding the poll, etc.)

OmniTurbo
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

GriefHouse Possibly Closing Empty Re: GriefHouse Possibly Closing

Post by Persephone 5/27/2017, 11:23 am

Just find some new people who want to help and do it less often. Still, if you're not up to it there's no shame in taking a break from doing it altogether.
Persephone
Persephone
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 5/27/2017, 2:02 pm

Dont you DARE close Grief House, sir.

This minigame has been a fixture of the server for years. It hasnt always been super active and it hasnt always had the most interest but it's been there. If you dont have enough GH staff, find some more. If you dont want to do it anymore, pass on the torch. To close it down completely would be a crime.
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 5/27/2017, 2:38 pm

You cant let griefhouse die.....

Hand it off if you can or find more helpers to help run it but just dont let it die. Griefhouse is oasis's oldest running minigame and everyones favorite.
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Lina 5/27/2017, 5:48 pm

People always try to vandalize GH, along with any other popular warps - it's happened on past maps ;.;

I'm pretty much with the others^ on this.
Even if you "closed" it... GH has been a part of Oasis for a while, and someone else will surely pick it up in the future.

I have nowhere near enough free time to run or staff GH, but I will mine and donate some stuff when I can. I love GH, but I sit out the event, since I have gmc and others could use the materials more. I just stick to donating stuff *-*

On a side note, I had an idea a while back that I keep forgetting to bring up:
What if you (or whoever runs GH in the future) posted a general list of high priority items you need donated for the current build project? Certain building blocks, decorations, etc. It would give us a good idea of what to focus on when we mine for stuff to donate, aside from diamonds and valuables.

I liked how you had the theme vote threads. It brought the community into the creation process a bit, and reminded people about GH in general.
Lina
Lina
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniTurbo 5/27/2017, 7:15 pm

Could someone reccomend a candidate for me? I have no idea who I pass it on to.

OmniTurbo
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Persephone 5/27/2017, 9:32 pm

TBNRTurbo wrote:Could someone reccomend a candidate for me? I have no idea who I pass it on to.

Yeah good luck on that because it looks like some people would find it illegal for you to just take a break for a few weeks.
Persephone
Persephone
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH 5/28/2017, 1:57 am

When the original GH was created by myself and few other no longer known players from the past it was never intended to be weekly.
GH is unique in the fact that it doesn't have to run weekly to keep interest, who doesn't like griefing legally?

Just slow down, find some more people to help you out and run it less often. Monthly, every 2 months, hell every year if you want.
Personally i'm done with building GH for the forseeable future, but the playerbase is still there. Do whatever you need to do.

ChaosTheoryJRH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Agwyn 5/28/2017, 2:16 am

Lina wrote:On a side note, I had an idea a while back that I keep forgetting to bring up:
What if you (or whoever runs GH in the future) posted a general list of high priority items you need donated for the current build project? Certain building blocks, decorations, etc. It would give us a good idea of what to focus on when we mine for stuff to donate, aside from diamonds and valuables.

I liked how you had the theme vote threads. It brought the community into the creation process a bit, and reminded people about GH in general.

^ So much these thoughts. I remember, I think it was like 1.10 maybe very early 1.11 I kept asking people who I thought were charge of GH - What items did you guys need other then ores and rare stuff? I do not mind spending time getting more commoner items like woods/stones/wools etc. Sadly, no one seemed to know what you guys needed/wanted/had and it was very frustrating because I did not want to give you guys chests of useless items you'd never use. I think even just fixing that alone would help GH out a ton!
Agwyn
Agwyn
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tanaka91 5/28/2017, 4:38 pm

@TBNRTurbo I am still alive and kicking. I mostly come online in the mornings (when all of you Americans and Canadians are still sleeping) :P I visit warp GH like every other day to check it for griefs/break-ins ect

Add: I see you passed the torch to Allie and Seafoam.
tanaka91
tanaka91
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniTurbo 5/28/2017, 6:32 pm

oh, I did /seen on you a week or so ago and it said like 9 days.

OmniTurbo
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down