My thoughts and suggestions for SkyBlock

3 posters

Go down

My thoughts and suggestions for SkyBlock Empty My thoughts and suggestions for SkyBlock

Post by NovaTactics 2/26/2017, 2:57 pm

Hi, just to say i'm pleased to have tried SkyBlock, have been having a blast playing it, and look forward to keep on going. There are a few thoughts that have crossed my (and a few others) minds, and i'm here to share them.

*Shops/Trading*

At the moment, the only way to trade with other players is to be online simultaneously, or have your own shop on your island, which is hard to let others know about it (different schedule/timezones with other players) A solution would be:
- Having a way to either advertise your own shop (Private 5X5 plots to put signs with "looking for" or "looking to sell" available to everyone at a warp, or simply having an /is warp mall specifically for SkyBlock, which would function like the SMP mall. Perhaps having a Staff Shop to *buy a players* basic items such as:

*Smooth stone
*Cobble Stone
*Sugar Cane
*Wood
And so on, of course the price shouldn't be much, but if you can collect a double chest, it would eventually add up.

This would bring an income of money to SkyBlock, seeing that once all challenges are complete, there are no longer ways of generating any money. It would serve a purpose to keep gathering items once you no longer need said items (Keeping only the same /is ms Buy selection with current prices).

*Challenges*

-Firstly, I want to say I LOVED the challenges, i'm still working on them. Something I noticed was the lack of certain blocks and items. Specifically items found in Ocean Monuments (Prismarine blocks, Sea lanterns), Sandstone, Cobwebs, Elytra and  Shulker shells/boxes (Perhaps more?).

- Regarding the challenges, i'm not sure if its possible to make it happen, but since we were able to get a chunk for the nether, if we could have a similar option for The End. One chunk for resources (not many, but perhaps some trees and end stone?), and one chunk with part of an End City. (I doubt the Ender Dragon would be an option, but if not.... >:D )

- I noticed the impossibility to completing the current "Pioneer" Challenge. Why can't we? Because there is limited number (less than 100 stacks of 64 netherrak and 100 stacks of 16 soul sand). ~ Solution(?) - Receive a bigger starting chunk (with same amount of quartz), or add Netherrak and soul sand as a reward to a much later Tier of Challenge (making you collect the blocks earlier on to complete it) 

- What the challenges could be; 
*Collect the head of every monster available in SkyBlock (Repeatable?)
*Build 6 Beacons and have all 6 buffs active (full pyramids)
*Wear full Enchanted Diamond armor set
*Collect 64 Slime Blocks (Repeatable)
*Collect 100 Eggs (Repeatable)
*Collect 128 Chicken (Repeatable) (And/Or Steaks/Porkchops/Mutton)
*Collect 32 Pufferfish (Repeatable) <---Give those poor fish a purpose in life
*Collect 16 Gold Blocks (Repeatable)
*Collect 32 Iron Blocks (Repeatable)
*Collect 16 Emerald Blocks (Repeatable)
*Collect 32 Glowstone (Repeatable) (Note: Blocks, not dust)
*Collect 64 Glass (Repeatable)
~~Note that most of these suggestions seem harsh, thats meant to fill in the Elite Tier challenges that are lacking~~

I spent quite some time trying to think of ways to improve gameplay, and enjoyment and I would like to think of YOUR opinions on this. I don't care if you tell me this list is trash or epic, I just want to make SkyBlock A LOT more popular among Oasis. With that said, Thank you for reading, and share away your thoughts/ideas with everyone!

Last edited by NovaTactics on 2/28/2017, 4:29 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Wasn't explained properly.)

NovaTactics
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

My thoughts and suggestions for SkyBlock Empty Re: My thoughts and suggestions for SkyBlock

Post by shadeyghost 2/26/2017, 5:51 pm

PLEASE, all I have left challenge wise are the challenges requiring levels, and i am aware that reaching island level 1000 is something that, unless you have literal days to waste, is impossible to reach, having these other challenges, like iron blocks and emerald block would be great, because they are renewable just like wheat and carrots
shadeyghost
shadeyghost
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

My thoughts and suggestions for SkyBlock Empty Re: My thoughts and suggestions for SkyBlock

Post by madscientist032 2/26/2017, 6:07 pm

I'll look into all these. ^_^

Please let me know of any other enhancements I can make to the system!
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down