Tuckey
dynamole
Ariley
Trausko
deamonfate
12 posters

Go down

Sick of griefers?

Ban petetion for Setanta1810 and Tuckey I_vote_lcap76%Ban petetion for Setanta1810 and Tuckey I_vote_rcap 76% 
[ 13 ]
Ban petetion for Setanta1810 and Tuckey I_vote_lcap24%Ban petetion for Setanta1810 and Tuckey I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

Ban petetion for Setanta1810 and Tuckey Empty Ban petetion for Setanta1810 and Tuckey

Post by deamonfate 5/19/2011, 10:02 pm

I understand that this thread is for appealing against bans, but I'm appealing for a ban.

I am setting up a museum on the server titled ''How to''. Within this museum, I will be making step by step guides to making and working Minecraft mechanics. Such as;
Factories
Red Stone Wiring
Mob traps.
This will be a community project, built for the community.

Now the problem I'm having, is that day in, day out. I'm being griefed.

Setanta1810 and Tuckey both own a large fort just up the hill from where I'm hosting my museum. They're the only people who live by me and BananaFuton since we live far out. I approached Setanta1810 along side Nova042 and asked him about the griefing and stealing of items.
He denied it, saying "I don't know what you're talking about, it was my friend''. I have not seen Tuckey online to ask him about it, But i'm spending more materials on fixing my projects than I am actually making them.

From what I'm aware off, Setanta1810 is new, Whereas Tuckey is a 'member'.

These are repeat offences, happening daily. I want them to stop.

Signed, deamonfate

P.S - Please leave your thoughts below.
deamonfate
deamonfate
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

https://www.facebook.com/Matherj29

Back to top Go down

Ban petetion for Setanta1810 and Tuckey Empty My thoughts

Post by Trausko 5/20/2011, 12:09 pm

I have been griefed on the server. earlier map though. My house had been torn down to it's beginnings :< I pretty much have the same feelings about griefers as you are.
Trausko
Trausko
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Ban petetion for Setanta1810 and Tuckey Empty Re: Ban petetion for Setanta1810 and Tuckey

Post by Ariley 5/20/2011, 2:26 pm

The easiest, fastest way for us to deal with this is sign placement. If you find a sign either of them placed on your property, we can trace it to their accounts and have solid evidence right there.

If there are no signs left, lava placement is good as well. If it was just straight block destruction, all we can do is keep an eye out. It's possible that it was them who griefed, but equally as possible that it was another random player.
Ariley
Ariley
Oasis SMP Founder

https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ban petetion for Setanta1810 and Tuckey Empty Re: Ban petetion for Setanta1810 and Tuckey

Post by dynamole 5/20/2011, 6:09 pm

The idea behind this building is good, Deamon, I would like to help you (if i can), and ofc you are looking for help..

At the moment i think it is hard to say who has been griefing, it could be anyone, but as it's on a daily bases chances are it is the same person, but to who that is hard to say. I hope that they get caught soon.
dynamole
dynamole
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Ban petetion for Setanta1810 and Tuckey Empty re

Post by deamonfate 5/21/2011, 2:09 am

Dynamole; I will keep the offer of help in mind. Thank you.

And I thank you for the support on this matter, I have been setting up traps around my projects. In which it has worked. One thing I excel in on Minecraft is subtle trap making. I have made aware a few Mods / Admins to keep an eye out for certain specific's which will result in capture.

There was no lava block placement or sign placement. Only griefing and the placement of a few blocks to access the 'hard to reach' places.
deamonfate
deamonfate
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

https://www.facebook.com/Matherj29

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckey 5/22/2011, 2:51 am

deamonfate wrote:I understand that this thread is for appealing against bans, but I'm appealing for a ban.

I am setting up a museum on the server titled ''How to''. Within this museum, I will be making step by step guides to making and working Minecraft mechanics. Such as;
Factories
Red Stone Wiring
Mob traps.
This will be a community project, built for the community.

Now the problem I'm having, is that day in, day out. I'm being griefed.

Setanta1810 and Tuckey both own a large fort just up the hill from where I'm hosting my museum. They're the only people who live by me and BananaFuton since we live far out. I approached Setanta1810 along side Nova042 and asked him about the griefing and stealing of items.
He denied it, saying "I don't know what you're talking about, it was my friend''. I have not seen Tuckey online to ask him about it, But i'm spending more materials on fixing my projects than I am actually making them.

From what I'm aware off, Setanta1810 is new, Whereas Tuckey is a 'member'.

These are repeat offences, happening daily. I want them to stop.

Signed, deamonfate

P.S - Please leave your thoughts below.

in my defence honestly.. Setanta1810 has griefed me as well.. My all of my chests are blocked from me or were.. after nova helped out.. now only 3 more chests are blocked from me that i still havn't been able to do anything about And has Stopped my project cause i cant do anything till these items are out of my house.. They are /cprivated so i cant destroythem either

Tuckey
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by snowninja845 5/22/2011, 6:00 pm

you can destroy your own locked chests. but if someone else locked them you cant break them.

snowninja845
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Ban petetion for Setanta1810 and Tuckey Empty Not how this is done

Post by BananaFuton 5/22/2011, 9:45 pm

First and foremost, the above poll is a straw man and has nothing to do with this issue. This is a propaganda technique known as an ethos slide and is not something you should be doing in any form of public forum where you wish to be respected.

Now, I am affected by this griefing (Most of it has happened on my property), however, the way this is being handled is unprofessional. The best solution is to implement a block history on our server akin to Big Brother however, from what I understand, we use a system other than bukkit so these specific examples will not work. In the mean time all we can do is hope for a screenshot of the griefer.

I happen to know Tuckey personally and he has no reason to grief or steal from me as I would willingly give him anything he asked of me. I cannot say anything for Setanta1810 as i have honestly not seen him more than once and that was when I was visiting His/Tuckeys building. This does not mean that either of them are guilty or innocent. I have no evidence to support either and they shall remain innocent until I can figure out who is griefing me.

What I can say is that as of now, Tuckey's chests are blocked and he is locked into his home when he /homes. This seems to me to be a form of griefing in that he is being denied access to his building materials. I would suggest that the mods remove and replace Tuckey's chests in a more accessible location(with restored contents and his permission) and give both him ans Setenta1810 access to the living quarters that they jointly created.

The most important thing we can take away from this incident is that our griefing detection methods are at best insufficient and at worst based on hearsay. We need to implement better methods of detection and let more information come to light before any premature decisions are made on this topic.

Last edited by BananaFuton on 5/22/2011, 10:26 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Typos and Grammar)

BananaFuton
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 5/22/2011, 9:55 pm

Banana, I would just like to point out that the staff (especially ranks higher than me) have access to abilities alot of players are unaware of. We also have a block history plugin of sorts, but it only alerts us to certain actions and blocks. That being said, the reason these players are not banned is because we have not gathered by ourselves, nor have been presented with any hard evidence as of now. A players not being banned is generally a good indication that they are not actually the culprit, because the staff can almost always identify a rule breaker quickly, especially if our attention is drawn to the person by a thread like this.
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by BananaFuton 5/22/2011, 10:19 pm

While I am aware that we have measures in place to prevent such griefings, we can safely say that they are not all encompassing. I have talked with several staff members about Oasis' anti-cheating systems and while they are solid, we are not "greif proof". Ariley92 said in this very thread that "straight block destruction, all we can do is keep an eye out." This seems rather poor when compared to some of the other servers I visited when trying to find a new home. My goal in the previous post was specifically to point out that, whatever plugins we are using, they are not covering all of our current issues.

BananaFuton
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 5/22/2011, 10:21 pm

The issue with having an alert every time someone breaks a block, is that while we would certainly catch lots of griefers, the server or any staff online would get absolutely raped by alerts.
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by BananaFuton 5/22/2011, 10:24 pm

This seems to be more of a logistical issue. Have you considered implementing a query system(ie: give modX history for block XYZ so they can see who griefed)? That way there would be no alert spam

BananaFuton
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 5/22/2011, 10:25 pm

Thats a good idea, but I'm not sure if such a system actually exists for a block history plugin.
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldMine 5/22/2011, 10:26 pm

Tuckey wrote:
in my defence honestly.. Setanta1810 has griefed me as well.. My all of my chests are blocked from me or were.. after nova helped out.. now only 3 more chests are blocked from me that i still havn't been able to do anything about And has Stopped my project cause i cant do anything till these items are out of my house.. They are /cprivated so i cant destroythem either
So you admit to griefing in the statment u say "setanta1810 has griefed me as well"

GoldMine
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by BananaFuton 5/22/2011, 10:29 pm

This server seems to be doing it. Can we get in touch with them?

http://minecraftonline.com/whobrokemyblock.html

BananaFuton
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckey 5/22/2011, 10:29 pm

Gold mine You twisted my Words Around. I did Not grief at all I was Saying that He has griefed me. I was not saying i griefed someone else. I won't grief anyone because i think its a childish act which i won't do im just simply trying to build my castle and open it to the public once im done

Tuckey
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 5/22/2011, 10:31 pm

Very interesting. We will look into that.
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by MarviNacho 5/23/2011, 9:08 am

*grabs popcorn*

I will observate this case. The owners should take a look at the logs here.
MarviNacho
MarviNacho
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Ban petetion for Setanta1810 and Tuckey Empty setanta1810

Post by guitarfatality 5/24/2011, 2:17 pm

im setanta1810; i only blocked tuckey out because he stole my items by putting a lock on the chest they where in.
i haven't griefed anyone. all i have been doing is building the castle with tuckey, you cant blame us because we are the closest to you
thats fucking stupid.
guitarfatality
guitarfatality
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckey 5/24/2011, 2:38 pm

I have all your items in a seperate chest i just put it in another room you just were never on when i was on to tell you.

Tuckey
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by guitarfatality 5/24/2011, 7:34 pm

all right, sorry i griefed around the chests, i thought you were blaming me for shit and robbing my stuff
shit be wack
guitarfatality
guitarfatality
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by BananaFuton 5/26/2011, 12:01 am

Moral of the story, build a sign wall for communication.

BananaFuton
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by guitarfatality 5/26/2011, 5:02 pm

BananaFuton wrote:Moral of the story, build a sign wall for communication.
moral of the story, dont be a dick and blame people for no reason
guitarfatality
guitarfatality
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Vegeta400 5/26/2011, 5:13 pm

I THOUGHT THIS WAS A DAMN BAN APEAL
Vegeta400
Vegeta400
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down