Inventory Mod (Extra slots, most likely will need to be created)

+3
AlvinB
Dr_Roboto
raidenraccoon
7 posters

Go down

Inventory Mod (Extra slots, most likely will need to be created) Empty Inventory Mod (Extra slots, most likely will need to be created)

Post by raidenraccoon 4/29/2016, 1:02 am

Minecraft Username: RaidenRaccoon

How long have you played on Oasis?: 2 1/2 years

Name of Plugin: N/A

Link to where we can find the Plugin: N/A

Briefly tell us why you believe we'd benefit from this plugin:

I wonder around a lot and collect/hoard a bunch of things. I'm always having to warp back home to empty my inventory. Not a pain like it use to be now that I have the /back command, but I'm sure a good amount of players don't have it (guests, members, etc). Figure some extra space added to the Minecraft default would be awesome.

I was attempting to hunt a pre-made mod down and could only find one (Overpowered Inventory) but it has yet to update to support 1.9 and may be too OP, as the name suggests.

I was thinking, if not too difficult to code, perhaps a mod similar to it (the previously linked mod) [with the exception that a 'backpack' would need to be crafted and take up the chestpiece armor slot] could be created? Perhaps with extra space the size of a single chest or even a double chest and be accessed/switched to via a button or tab from the main inventory screen?  Recipe could be similar to a leather chestpiece recipe but with a string in the empty space like (L = Leather, S = String):

LSL
LLL
LLL

or

LSL
SLS
LLL

Maybe?
raidenraccoon
raidenraccoon
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

http://raidenraccoon.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Inventory Mod (Extra slots, most likely will need to be created) Empty Re: Inventory Mod (Extra slots, most likely will need to be created)

Post by Dr_Roboto 4/29/2016, 1:31 am

Hmmmmmmmm
Well, I think extra inventory space kind of goes against the whole SMP part.
I think that would also be a cheat and could be difficult to write. It's php right? Anyway, also you haven't specified if this mod already exists, or were to find it.
I hope this didn't come off as mean or negative.
Dr_Roboto
Dr_Roboto
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Inventory Mod (Extra slots, most likely will need to be created) Empty Re: Inventory Mod (Extra slots, most likely will need to be created)

Post by AlvinB 4/29/2016, 1:54 am

Well, I personally think it would be a good idea. However, to add something like this, both server and client would need to be running it, you can't code a bukkit plugin to handle this with the gui I believe. Then everyone on the server would have to install forge and run this mod, because the server would need to run forge aswell. I think it would be a neat thing to have, but it seems fairly impractical to implement.
AlvinB
AlvinB
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowWovle 4/29/2016, 8:34 am

There is this plugin called Chest Master. What this plugin lets you do is have portable virtual chests with the command /chest <#>. I don't think it will be added to Oasis because it goes against the SMP aspect. But this plug-in would be very nice and useful.
ShadowWovle
ShadowWovle
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 4/29/2016, 3:05 pm

That is actually very simple to do. Back in 1.6 I had a dev version of my OasisExtras plugin that had special arrows similar to the new ones 1.9 added. The arrows were stored in a secondary inventory called the quiver.

Also, this statement doesnt mean its a definite thing, just stating how easy this is to do.
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 4/29/2016, 3:09 pm

I think the obvious alternative here is manage your inventory better. Clear out crap you dont want every now and then. If you have a space being taken up by 2 string, drop it. A single piece of whatever shiny new block is in the ground? Im sure it can be spared.

Play smarter not harder, you know?
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 4/30/2016, 12:33 am

Shnoork wrote:I think the obvious alternative here is manage your inventory better. Clear out crap you dont want every now and then. If you have a space being taken up by 2 string, drop it. A single piece of whatever shiny new block is in the ground? Im sure it can be spared.

^^^ Vouch ^^^. There's a reason Minecraft doesn't give you tons of space. If you think about it, we've got plenty of space in it, just there's a lot of junk that fills it up if you're not careful about it.
But hey, that's just my opinion.
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by AlvinB 4/30/2016, 4:07 am

Maybe this could be a donator perk at some level?
AlvinB
AlvinB
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr_Roboto 4/30/2016, 9:06 am

4emersons wrote:
Shnoork wrote:I think the obvious alternative here is manage your inventory better. Clear out crap you dont want every now and then. If you have a space being taken up by 2 string, drop it. A single piece of whatever shiny new block is in the ground? Im sure it can be spared.

^^^ Vouch ^^^. There's a reason Minecraft doesn't give you tons of space. If you think about it, we've got plenty of space in it, just there's a lot of junk that fills it up if you're not careful about it.
But hey, that's just my opinion.
I vouch for this as well
Dr_Roboto
Dr_Roboto
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down