Share your sporting life

+2
Bain
ThunderHorse
6 posters

Go down

Share your sporting life Empty Share your sporting life

Post by ThunderHorse 6/27/2015, 2:56 am

Well I feel like since this will be the first official thread on the new section i feel like this should be where we all talk about our sporting lives. I will go first

Early childhood sporting: I have been playing sports since I was in first grade. Originally I played soccer from first grade to the end of fourth. After I gave up on that I decided to join a baseball team and I was on that team for only two years before it was disbanded. For years I didn't participate in any sports until sixth grade where I decided to try ice hockey. I was able to play hockey for only three years before the doctors said I would not be able to take checking and so my parents cut my hockey life short for a long time. Again I went years before i was able to participate in a sport again.

High school sports: About freshman year I tried paintball with a few friends and loved it, I ended up buying and collecting paintball gear and attended a paintball 101 camp and have been playing ever since. Junior year (11th grade) is when I was finally able to participate in a major sport again. I joined my high school's Trap team. I played on this till I graduated. I was the first person in my family to ever obtain my varsity letter and after the end of my first year of trap the coaches moved me up to varsity and thus I got my varsity letter.

Post-graduation:  I just graduated high school in 2015 but now I am a free man and an adult so I can finally play hockey again since I can choose wether or not to listen to the doctors so I choose to continue hockey. I currently play in a D-league team which is the second lowest adult hockey league. Sadley these says a D-league is no more of an open league so every week I'm agaisnt kids who played varsity hockey and people who belong in the A, B, or C leagues so it's quite a challenge. The really bad part is one of the other teams in my league has a legit retired NHL (aka pro ice hockey) player who played 13 years in the NHL before he reitred. Basically this guy played about as long as Wayne Gretzky did unlike most players who are lucky to play up to 5 years only difference with this guy now vs back in his NHL days is he had a knee replacement and the officials put him in the D league cause of his surgery but a knee has nothing to do with shooting and stickhandling abilities which is where he has everyone beat.

So that is pretty much my sporting life.

Last edited by ThunderHorse on 2/29/2016, 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 2-29-16 updated)
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Share your sporting life Empty Re: Share your sporting life

Post by Bain 6/27/2015, 7:40 am

Well, here I go.

I started playing Baseball when I was around six or seven, and it was the only sport I played for a while. It's a lot of fun, especially the end of year Home Run Derbies and All League Games. When I turned nine I started to play Tennis. At first I just played with my pool in the Summer, but lately I've been playing some Mid Atlantic Ranked Tournaments. I also started playing Basketball when I was nine, and despite not having a whole lot of practice, I was my team's leading scorer for three straight years. I think I'm going to have to drop Basketball soon and start training for Baseball or Tennis in High School though. A little more about Baseball, this is the second straight year I've been on the All Star team. It's really fun, we get to do a lot of traveling, especially if we make it past the State Tournament. If we do, we'll go down to Florida! That's pretty much my sporting life (so far).
Bain
Bain
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 6/27/2015, 2:44 pm

I'm just sticky-ing this post as I feel it is a great start to this thread!
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 6/27/2015, 3:48 pm

Ive never been a big dude, but Ive always been relatively athletic. As a kid I played soccer (football, for the brits) and I hated it cuz my coach always had me on the field (pitch, for the brits). Out of an entire game (match, for the brits), I would get maybe two minutes on the bench. After two years of that, I only ever played sports with friends. Do some ballin, maybe baseball, just some team stuff. For the past few years, Ive been interested in the types of sports that most people dont really do that much. Things such as rock climbing, archery, etc. For a while now Ive wanted to get into fencing, but have not been able to find a place that offers that recreationally. A shame, because I decided that once I became proficient with a blade I would journey to England, stop a terrorist plot and get knighted by the queen (even though Canada hasnt been a colony for quite some time).

All in all, Ive never been super into sports, but still, its something to do with friends (mates, for the brits).
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 6/27/2015, 5:56 pm

Soooooooooooo...

My sports / activities are definitely not the norm for a 17 year old boy :P

Both of my parents are ice skating coaches so I have been on the ice since I could walk. I took up swimming and dance when very young. I was part of the local swim team and did lots of competitions but I wasn't very good at it... I also took up gymnastics at a young age. So I did all of this, and then took up tennis. Oh and karate, and more dance... Basically my life is fairly busy. I actually stopped swimming, tennis, gymnastics and karate over the past few years, being a squad player for tennis, fairly high up in swimming, Level 2 (1 is best) in gymnastics and a black belt in karate. I replaced Karate with roller skating in my sports roster. Now I am grade 6 in classical dance and I recreationally do street dance, modern, musical theatre and jazz, I am level 7 (out of 10) in ice skating, compete nationally in roller skating and also play the Electrical guitar as an added extra...

*takes a deep breath*

The remainder of my free time is mostly spent here and doing homework, so yeah, I think that sums up me... XD
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy 6/28/2015, 2:34 am

Shnoork wrote:(even though Canada hasnt been a colony for quite some time).

Once a colony, always a colony
Fithboy
Fithboy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/xxXDennoXxx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittycatteo 6/28/2015, 9:02 am

Heh... This is mine:

I started rugby when I was 7, playing with my dad and neighbors. I got so into it that when I was 10, I joined my school's rugby team. After my dad deceased, I stopped playing sports and kinda sank back into my own little world. When I was 14, I got back into rugby in my state's team. I was the only girl, but it was worth it. We played in different states, like NY and Maine. I've been on the team since then. Apart from rugby, I don't like sports. Basketball, yes I'm tall but I stress when I can shoot. Baseball, I love it, as in watching, not playing. Welp thats mine :I
Kittycatteo
Kittycatteo
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down