RE: Disrespect and Entitlement

4 posters

Go down

RE: Disrespect and Entitlement Empty RE: Disrespect and Entitlement

Post by Heisenberg 7/1/2014, 11:22 am

I started writing this this morning before leaving to work. I'd forgotten about Gweedo's post until Mad bumped it, but I'll post this here anyway.

I'd like to prefix this by saying I do not like ranting. I dislike become "Grr big bad angry Mod guy", but after yesterday's events I will not sit by and simply watch this stuff unfold.

Over the last day I witnessed a lot of disrespect to staff. I don't think certain players understand the basic concept of the internet and Minecraft. Behind every username, behind every skin, behind every monitor is a person. Staff isn't a rank, it's a job. It's a fantastic, fun and rewarding job, but a rose by any other name. We do not get paid, and most of the time we are not thanked. Do we mind? No. We took this position to help make Oasis fun and give you guys a friendly, safe, fun atmosphere to play. We do not want payment, we do not want thanks (Although it's always appreciated :P), but what we do want is respect. To see the very people we're dedicating our time to help turning on staff and being as spiteful and petty as some players have is appalling.

I do not like to name names, but yesterday I was present when 4emerson dealt with some pretty bad griefers, who were vile and immature. The patience and caliber in which he dealt with this was something I'd expect from a long time Admin. He took abuse from these griefers and took time away from himself to help you guys be separated from these types of players. What does wolfflower then do? Disrespects him. This is grotesquely appalling, and something which I never want to see repeated again from anyone. Wolf you should be ashamed of your behaviour and wherever you now go, I hope for their sake you treat the staff there a lot better than you have us. I was shocked to see that kind of behaviour from a trusted player. Then there's Mattoosie. I have no idea what happened and frankly don't want to. By donating you are not above the rules. You are not entitled to any special treatment or allowed to disrespect the people who help you, who gave you the perks you felt so entitled to even after abusing them and breaking so many rules.

But wait, there's more? Shatang. This is by far the most disappointed I have ever been in a player. I am sickened by your behaviour and wish I had the vocabulary to express how shameful your performance was. You acted like a spoilt brat and I hope you understand the severity of what you did. You did a generous thing by donating and completely ruined your legacy and gesture with your performance over the last few weeks. I have never once changed a view as drastically as I have in your case. I used to think you'd be a perfect staff candidate, now you aren't even worthy of being the dirt our players walk on. Lina is the best staff we have (in my opinion) and it's about time she got admin, and to have her excitement spoilt by the whining of a dying dog like yourself is disgraceful.

Every single staff has dedicated more time and effort than most of you will ever realise, and why I dislike being a strict staff, I will personally ban anyone who harms or disrespects my fellow staff. To all staff, past, future and present, reading this, I would like to thank you all. I only gave 2 examples of staff here, but I could list countless ones about all of you. The majority who appreciates your work has a much softer and delicate voice than the minority who bark and howl mindless extremities, and I hope you all realise players appreciate your hard work.

-Taccy
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

RE: Disrespect and Entitlement Empty Re: RE: Disrespect and Entitlement

Post by Heisenberg 7/1/2014, 11:24 am

Oh and Shatang? Make as many troll accounts as you want. Takes me 2 clicks to ban, so feel free to waste more of your time.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 7/1/2014, 11:30 am

Taccy wrote:Oh and Shatang? Make as many troll accounts as you want. Takes me 2 clicks to ban, so feel free to waste more of your time.
I'd like to add that I was actually on console AND in-game the entire time watching your shenanigans, Alex. I watched you like a hawk. And it pained me to have Lina sit through your baloney and your crap because I couldn't ban you due to the fact that I did not want to reveal my online status.

I am very disappointed in you. I thought better of you. I really did.

I won't be refunding your 200 dollar donation from 2012. That money has been since long gone, and it technically isn't mine anymore. It went to Razor LLC who is now owned by Sago Networks. You may talk to them if you want your money back.

Stop wasting my staff's time.

Good day, sir.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 7/1/2014, 11:37 am

RE: Disrespect and Entitlement Vouch16
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 7/1/2014, 12:26 pm

I hate to see it happen, but this type of thing seems to be a recurring problem on Oasis every little while. Summed up quite well with

Taccy wrote:The majority who appreciates your work has a much softer and delicate voice than the minority who bark and howl mindless extremities

Just know the few do not represent the many. As staff you are all greatly appreciated, even if you dont always hear it.
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down