For Some Reason, This Needs Saying

+2
mickdude2
Shnoork
6 posters

Go down

For Some Reason, This Needs Saying Empty For Some Reason, This Needs Saying

Post by Shnoork 4/26/2014, 10:13 am

No Tldr, just read, please. Not as long as it looks. Unless youre a slow reader, in which case Im sorry...

Oasis is a very mature community, as has been admitted by countless members and banned 12 year olds alike.

As of late, the server has been hit by some pretty hefty drama llamas. Now, that happens sometimes, but this is where Im surprised and just facepalming when I read the forums. It seems that alot of our mature members of the community have been sticking their noses into various places they do not belong. These are places im not even going to touch with a 10 foot pole. Surprisingly, I feel it needs saying that alot of people are dragging themselves into things they really shouldnt be. Im not naming names or topics, Im sure you know who you are and where you stuck it.

Advice for the future: dont let other peoples shiny looking mistakes drag you into a place you dont belong. I think everyone (for the most part) was lucky this past week, but at the same time there have been too many well justified bans (both temp and perm) for people who have been long running members of this society.

Im only asking that everyone show that maturity we are so apparently proud of. Couldnt help but notice Gweeds made a post a bit like this, obviously targeted at some of our long running members of Oasis, go check that out too. His is more official and is more than just another member giving advice to everyone else. Also he can enforce his. I dont think a link is necessary, its fairly easy to find. (Keep in mind, this post isnt just rewording what he said, which is why I thought to post it. Also, I dont think this is policing, as that would involve some form of authority being taken in the way this is said. Plz dont ban.)

Just for the record, I DO see the irony in this. It feels like acid in my throat.
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

For Some Reason, This Needs Saying Empty Re: For Some Reason, This Needs Saying

Post by mickdude2 4/26/2014, 10:17 am

If there were still up votes, you'd have mine, good sir.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimtongue 4/26/2014, 11:18 am

mickdude2 wrote:If there were still up votes, you'd have mine, good sir.

^this
Grimtongue
Grimtongue
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr00veDriftTreh 4/26/2014, 3:16 pm

I agree sometimes the biggest mistake that most people make on oasis is to hold onto the past mistakes of others. It is for the best that people just let what happens happen and leave what happened as it was. To instigate the past and poking it with a stick only continues the drama.

We have all made mistakes and we should not let them decide who we are and how oasis acts.
Gr00veDriftTreh
Gr00veDriftTreh
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

For Some Reason, This Needs Saying Empty sooo

Post by Candigurl198530 4/26/2014, 7:01 pm

i wish i had read this first. I just posted something along the same lines... glad to see there are more people like me than immature meanies.lol

Candigurl198530
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by biocreeper187 4/26/2014, 10:40 pm

Gr00veDriftTreh1 wrote:I agree sometimes the biggest mistake that most people make on oasis is to hold onto the past mistakes of others. It is for the best that people just let what happens happen and leave what happened as it was. To instigate the past and poking it with a stick only continues the drama.

We have all made mistakes and we should not let them decide who we are and how oasis acts.
Forget the bads of yesterday,
Look forward to the goods of tomorrow,
yet stay here in today.

-Does this poem i made work here?
biocreeper187
biocreeper187
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content