pokekid3847
Accusing_panda4
SoulSpam
mickdude2
LakeBane
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pokemon X and Y tournament. POP rules. Empty Pokemon X and Y tournament. POP rules.

Post by LakeBane 2/11/2014, 7:46 pm

I would like to try hosting a tournament, using the new Pokemon X and Y games again. I will be using Pokemon Organized Play (POP) rules, meaning it will have the same rules as an official tournament. The rules are simple enough.

1: No duplicate Pokemon.
2: All pokemon must have been obtained legitimately.(Meaning no copy glitches through trade)
3: No Duplicate Items.
4: You team must be obtainable through the Kalos Regional Pokedex. This means that if it isn't in the Central, Coastal, or Mountain regions of Kalos's Pokedex, it cannot be used.
5: You may not nickname a pokemon with the name of another. (I.E. Staraptor named Starly, Pidgeot named Deoxys)

Banned pokemon include: Mewtwo(All Formes), Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Jirachi, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Manaphy, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, Black Kyurem, White Kyurem, Genesect, Meloetta, Victini, Yveltal, Xerneas, Zygarde, and any event legendaries of this generation.

Partially Banned Pokemon: Soul Dew Latias and Latios.

Banned Items: Soul Dew, Time Space Orbs. (I think that's it.)

Team Registration:

Minecraft Username: 

Real Name(Optional): 

Friend Code: (This time it's not optional, it takes to long for people to go searching through the 3DS friend code thread, which is why I only have about 4 people on my friends list from the last tournament)

3DS Mii Name, and In Game name:

Team Name: (Just what you would call you team if you needed to name it. Just for fun)

My Sign Up.:

Accepted Players:

Prize: I would like your opinion on if this would work for you all.

1st place: 1 IV and nature bred pokemon of your choice(Kalos region obtainable) and 1,000 coins
2nd place: 1 diamond block and 1 pokemon bred for IV and Nature
3rd place: 1 diamond block OR 1 pokemon brea for IV and Nature

If I win, I get to be called the pokemon master for the day on Oasis-SMP by those in the tournament. Just because all of the prizes are coming from me anyways, it doesn't mean much if I win one of those.

Tournament will be held on March 8th hopfully, I still need to hear back from two people.

Last edited by TheRitBonder on 3/6/2014, 5:59 pm; edited 12 times in total

LakeBane
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Pokemon X and Y tournament. POP rules. Empty Re: Pokemon X and Y tournament. POP rules.

Post by mickdude2 2/11/2014, 7:56 pm

TheRitBonder wrote:Banned pokemon include: Mewtwo(All Formes), Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Jirachi, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Manaphy, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, Black Kyurem, White Kyurem, Genesect, Meloetta, Victini, Yveltal, Xerneas, Zygarde, and any event legendaries of this generation.

What the hell happened?
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Pokemon X and Y tournament. POP rules. Empty Re: Pokemon X and Y tournament. POP rules.

Post by SoulSpam 2/11/2014, 8:02 pm

Team Registration: SoulPoke

Minecraft Username: SoulSpam19

Real Name(Optional): Caleb

3DS Mii Name, and In Game name: Both are Caleb :)

Friend Code: I will post soon
SoulSpam
SoulSpam
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeBane 2/11/2014, 8:31 pm

mickdude2 wrote:
TheRitBonder wrote:Banned pokemon include: Mewtwo(All Formes), Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Jirachi, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Manaphy, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, Black Kyurem, White Kyurem, Genesect, Meloetta, Victini, Yveltal, Xerneas, Zygarde, and any event legendaries of this generation.

What the hell happened?
Using pokemon Organized Play rules, all title and event legendaries are banned. Aside from those, any pokemon can be used in organized play tournaments.

Kyo also persuaded me to let you use pokemon such as your old Alakazam from previous generations. Still using only pokemon that are in kalos regional pokedex though.

LakeBane
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeBane 2/11/2014, 8:42 pm

Pokemon Official Tournament Guide wrote:
9.1. Standard Format
The Standard format is the standard tournament format for Play! Pokémon video game events. This format will be used at all premier events unless specified otherwise. The Standard format for the 2014 season will use the following restrictions:
Only Pokémon X and Pokémon Y Game Cards or downloadable versions are permitted for use.
Players may only use Pokémon from the Central Kalos Pokédex from #001 to #150, Coastal Kalos Pokédex from #001 to #153, or Mountain Kalos Pokédex from #001 to #147.
Pokémon must be placed in the Battle Box.
Pokémon are allowed to Mega Evolve.
Pokémon above Level 50 are permitted, but they are auto-leveled down to 50 for the duration of battle.
Players may use Pokémon with Hidden Abilities.
Players may use items that have been officially released via Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or promotion.

There are other formats, but if you are like me, you want to try battling in official tournaments, rather than fun.

LakeBane
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Accusing_panda4 2/11/2014, 11:14 pm

Team Registration:PokeBrwalers

Minecraft Username:AccusingPanda4

Real Name(Optional):Michael

Friend Code:1349-5336-9015

3DS Mii Name, and In Game name:Michael same for ingame

Team Name:PokeBrwalers

Accusing_panda4
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeBane 2/12/2014, 1:03 am

@Accusing_panda4: Accepted, we just need more peoples.

@SoulSpam: Once you get a Friend Code, you are fine to enter.

I am trusting you all to follow the team making rules, and not to use the pokemon banned as for being title or Event legendaries.

LakeBane
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by pokekid3847 2/12/2014, 4:02 am

No duplicate pokemon?, There goes my F.E.A.R Rattata team ;-;

Team Registration: Pokehmuns.

Minecraft Username: You know it, or do you ;l, pokekid3847

Real Name(Optional): Josh

Friend Code: 3265 - 5500 - 2687

3DS Mii Name, and In Game name: Josh & Josh

Team Name: Pokehmuns.

F.E.A.R Aron time.3.
pokekid3847
pokekid3847
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/ivyious

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg 2/12/2014, 10:24 am

Minecraft Username: Taccy

Real Name(Optional):Luke

Friend Code: 4141|2969|6171

3DS Mii Name: Walter White

In game name: Luke

Team Name: The British Acquition
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeBane 2/12/2014, 9:42 pm

@Taccy and Pokekid Okay, seems fine with me.

@Pokekid You do realize it's a double battle, right?

LakeBane
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by pokekid3847 2/12/2014, 10:48 pm

@Rit I know its double, Its not multi though is it?
pokekid3847
pokekid3847
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeBane 2/12/2014, 10:58 pm

1 person Vs. 1 person. Each person has 2 Pokemon out at a time.

LakeBane
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by pokekid3847 2/13/2014, 3:47 am

kk so vgc rules.
pokekid3847
pokekid3847
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 2/13/2014, 10:35 am

TheRitBonder wrote:
mickdude2 wrote:

What the hell happened?
Using pokemon Organized Play rules, all title and event legendaries are banned. Aside from those, any pokemon can be used in organized play tournaments.

Kyo also persuaded me to let you use pokemon such as your old Alakazam from previous generations. Still using only pokemon that are in kalos regional pokedex though.
No, I mean when the hell did pokemon get so many legendaries?
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg 2/13/2014, 11:30 am

mickdude2 wrote:
No, I mean when the hell did pokemon get so many legendaries?

That's only about half. There's the Lake Trio, 3 Dogs, 3 Golems, Eon Duo, Heatran, etc.

Also boo doubles. :/
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeBane 2/13/2014, 6:25 pm

As of 3rd Gen, we had 21 legendary Pokemon. Also, the term I use for the banned legendary Pokemon are Title and Event legends. Heatran, Cresselia, Beast Trio, Regi group, Legendary beasts, and the first Gen bird legendary Pokemon are legal to use in tournament.

LakeBane
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg 2/14/2014, 2:53 am

Only the Birds and XYZ are in he Kalos dex, doesn't that mean only the Birds are allowed?
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeBane 2/14/2014, 10:30 am

This year, yes. In the official VGC, or as I am calling it POP rules, they release some restrictions later.

LakeBane
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChopper20 2/14/2014, 10:47 pm

Minecraft Username: TheChopper20

Real Name(Optional): Brandon

Friend Code: 1118-1080-5680

3DS Mii Name, and In Game name: Bran and Brandon

Team Name: The Shroomist :P
TheChopper20
TheChopper20
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeBane 2/17/2014, 4:01 pm

Chopper, you are in. Anyone think we are going to get any more players?

LakeBane
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha_Panda14 2/18/2014, 9:54 am

Minecraft Username: Alpha_Panda14

Friend Code: 5456-0049-2993

3ds Mii Name and In Game Name: Bryan and Bryan

Team Name: Pandamonium

Just wondering, When would this tournament happen? Also though mega evolution is allowed would I be able to have two pokemon with Mega Stones but only use one?
Alpha_Panda14
Alpha_Panda14
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeBane 2/19/2014, 10:21 pm

Panda, you are in.

for all I care, and the VGC/POP rulea care, you can have 6 different pokemon with 6 different mega stones on them. I highly don't suggest this, but you can really have 6 mega evolutions in your party. You can have 2 and only use one. You can have 2, and select both of them for the same battle.

I will be starting this tournament soon. We now have 6 people, and would like to know if we are going Swiss or Round-Robin? Do we battle using 3 rounds or so, or do we battle with everyone at some point or another fighting everyone else?

LakeBane
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha_Panda14 2/20/2014, 3:57 pm

While Rhyhorn can be caught in the Kalos region (glittering cave) but only found in the national pokedex, would that make Rhyperior a banned pokemon from this tournament?
Alpha_Panda14
Alpha_Panda14
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeBane 2/21/2014, 6:17 pm

Rhyhorn, Rhydon, and Rhyperior are each in the Coastal Kalos Dex, so they are legal. Basically, if you can catch the pokemon before you reach Friend Safari, it is actually legal to use.

LakeBane
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyorgtea 2/21/2014, 6:25 pm

I see this forum being posted on a lot on but you're never on the server..

If you're hosting s tourney you should at least be on the server, just saying..
Kyorgtea
Kyorgtea
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next