Grimtongue
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
mickdude2
Coaltrain615
8 posters

Go down

New [Trusted] kit Empty New [Trusted] kit

Post by Coaltrain615 9/26/2013, 7:52 pm

I think [Trusted]s should be able to spawn /kit firekit, spawning 2 fire blocks. trusteds can spawn lava which is much more dangerous and i believe trusteds use the lava responsibly and will be able to use fire. being fire can be used for chain armor, you might have to think more about it, but being its spawned it would be used for personal use.
Coaltrain615
Coaltrain615
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

New [Trusted] kit Empty Re: New [Trusted] kit

Post by Guest 9/26/2013, 8:01 pm

It also spams the living crap out of Admin's chat every single time someone that isn't staff places a fire block or lava block...
(Which is the reason people usually help with WE if a lot of lava needs to be placed, and the reason there is a cooldown on spawning the kits)

Back to top Go down

Post by Coaltrain615 9/26/2013, 8:03 pm

is it still posible? it might be annoying, but i thought it would be something nice to give to trusteds
Coaltrain615
Coaltrain615
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 9/26/2013, 8:42 pm

If I had a nickel for every time an edit was made to ranks, I'd be not poor.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Big_Mac_Joe 9/27/2013, 7:28 am

I actually think that a Fire kit is a great idea. I make fireplaces and hot tubs a lot and need fire to get the right effects. It would be nice to be able to light them without having to bug the staff to have it done.
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBigMacJoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimtongue 9/27/2013, 11:00 am

As far as Trusted spawning fire blocks, i would say NO WAY! This allows you to get chain armor, which is a very rare item. If you want chain armor, you'll just have to trade with villagers like everyone else.

Maybe flint and steel should just be enabled? Since fires don't spread, it's not a powerful griefing tool compared to other things. By comparison, a bucket of water is a very powerful griefing tool, yet even guests can use it without restrictions.
Grimtongue
Grimtongue
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 9/27/2013, 2:09 pm

Grimtongue wrote:

As far as Trusted spawning fire blocks, i would say NO WAY!  This allows you to get chain armor, which is a very rare item.  If you want chain armor, you'll just have to trade with villagers like everyone else.

Maybe flint and steel should just be enabled? Since fires don't spread, it's not a powerful griefing tool compared to other things.  By comparison, a bucket of water is a very powerful griefing tool, yet even guests can use it without restrictions.
I agree with Grim.  I think that [Trusted]s should get flint and steel enabled instead of being able to spawn fire blocks.  I don't really think that we should make a change, I think that it is great how it is, but I agree with Grim's idea IF we do change something.  Although, I don't like the idea of taking the water away, because as it can be used as a griefing tool, it is also a very useful tool for me and many others, especially while caving when you come across lava pools.
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/27/2013, 7:16 pm

I wonder if there's a pluggin to disable people from lighting Nether Portals with the f/s even though fire doesn't spread...
Even without f/s enabled and firespread I still found some lit. One continuously griefed Olive's house after reappearing after I destroyed it last map, and I still can't figure out who's the hell they were. 

Everytime I patrol the portals, I see completed or fragments of nether portals inside houses or cave-houses... If those were to all have been activated it would be a mess.... Luckily I haven't seen any activated in 1.6... but if F/S were to work for everyone there would be a lot of them.

Is it possible to disable fs for only trusted+?
Because even if firespread is off, you can still light individual blocks and have them stay lit. Wood blocks, thanks to the firespread disable, stay lit like netherrack. Watch some guest figure that out and light everyone's house on fire after griefing into it, so they spawn in it and die.

Also, is f/s placed fire logged in coreprotect? Because fire-charge placed ones I have tested are not... the only ones I've seen logged are fire-blocks, and world-edit placed fire. So combine unloggable fire with guests and we have the most annoying griefing death trap ever... and keep in mind trusteds have also been banned for griefing...

There are a lot of things to test and consider before enabling F/S....

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 9/27/2013, 7:25 pm

I think its a good idea giving flint and steel to trusted+, artisans/architects and veterinarians, that way its not left up to staff to stop what their doing and light fireplaces or center pieces in a build. I know i personally feel bad when pulling staff away from whatever it is their doing for little griefs or trivial matters, and i feel this would fall into that category. Just my opinion on the matter.
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/27/2013, 7:45 pm

archs and vets can already light fires. /i for fireblocks.
I wouldn't mind artisans having a fireblock kit with a cooldown, since they seem to need it most.

Questions we need answered:

-is it possible to enable f/s for certain ranks and disable it for others

-is f/s able to be logged in coreprotect like fireblocks? If it's like firecharge fires, and it's not logged, we have a problem. Especially if the first question's answer is "no".

Besides disabling F/s, I can think of some other ways we could let people have access to fire:

-Take away the admin notifications for fireblocks, and allow the use of a fireblock kits. However, since donators have been found to abuse fire I'm not sure that would be a good idea... 
but at least their placements would be logged in coreprotect... and we could easily regulate which ranks would receive it without editing firespread.

-Allow Trusted and up to possess firecharges legally, requiring an amendment to the firecharge possession rule (which needs an amendment anyway, because as of currently we allow people to use firecharges for fireworks as long as they are not stored anywhere). Are these things even diabled? I can't use f/s or lavabuckets, but I can use firecharges. The problem is they aren't logged in core-protect...

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 9/27/2013, 8:25 pm

I think the only thing we need now is the opinion of Mad or Pax. I dont doubt they've been keeping an eye on this here thread, and i dont doubt they have some thoughts on why this would be good or bad for their server. So, tell us, o wise ones, your opinions and the technical speculations on this matter. Would granting us the element of fire be a virtue or vice?
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 9/27/2013, 10:03 pm

If you guys need it so much, why does no one ever ask for it from the veterans?
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 9/27/2013, 10:06 pm

mickdude2 wrote:If you guys need it so much, why does no one ever ask for it from the veterans?
Help is for the weak.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle 9/28/2013, 5:23 am

Kevo235 wrote:
mickdude2 wrote:If you guys need it so much, why does no one ever ask for it from the veterans?
Help is for the weak.
I support this post.
Leagle
Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Big_Mac_Joe 9/28/2013, 4:56 pm

Grimtongue wrote:

As far as Trusted spawning fire blocks, i would say NO WAY!  This allows you to get chain armor, which is a very rare item.  If you want chain armor, you'll just have to trade with villagers like everyone else.
Actually this is not true. I have Chain Armor from my Skele Spawner.
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBigMacJoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Coaltrain615 9/28/2013, 8:31 pm

i agree the part with making chain armor is a little OP. chain isnt that hard to get but still isnt very easy to get, it could be a disadvantage for that reason but trusteds could use it for personal use only, which i believe i said earlier.  i really feel though that lava is MUCH more dangerous than fire, and trusteds have lavakit. 

ps- im feel popular this has alot of comments, lol

Last edited by Coaltrain615 on 9/28/2013, 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : including more about chain armor)
Coaltrain615
Coaltrain615
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Coaltrain615 9/28/2013, 8:34 pm

Shnoork wrote:I think its a good idea giving flint and steel to trusted+, artisans/architects and veterinarians, that way its not left up to staff to stop what their doing and light fireplaces or center pieces in a build. I know i personally feel bad when pulling staff away from whatever it is their doing for little griefs or trivial matters, and i feel this would fall into that category. Just my opinion on the matter.
i laughed at the part where he said "veterinarians"  lol
Coaltrain615
Coaltrain615
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down