Thoughts on Donator Perks

3 posters

Go down

Thoughts on Donator Perks Empty Thoughts on Donator Perks

Post by surv1v0r08 8/25/2013, 5:42 am

Since disguise craft was added donator perks for 50+ has changed substantially, though in my opinion some of these perks are a little too much.

1. Creative Mode:

200$ Donors' will get GMC, don't you think that's a but too far fetched, I know that no one would ever spend 200$ just to destroy the server, but GMC is an Architect rank perk, the HIGHEST non - staff rank there is! I think making GMC open to EVERYONE with a deep wallet is a no - go.

2. Mob Disguise:

I know it's just a bit of fun, but don't you think people will be sick of Ghasts, Ender Dragons and Bats flying everywhere? Players will just roam around spawn and other popular locations like towns, and the shop world getting in the way of others! If M.D could be banned in 'Public hotspots' it would be much less of a hassle.

Hope my opinions were useful!

~Surv

Last edited by surv1v0r08 on 8/25/2013, 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar tweaking!)
surv1v0r08
surv1v0r08
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Donator Perks Empty Re: Thoughts on Donator Perks

Post by Leagle 8/25/2013, 6:47 am

Town are allowed to have their own set of rules.
They can say if it is banned in their town or not.

Also, i dont think everyone will be donating $175. So there won't be such an overload of player flying around as an ghast or enderdragon or whatever all day long.
Leagle
Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg 8/25/2013, 6:55 am

surv1v0r08 wrote:200$ Donors' will get GMC
This makes it sound new. $200 donors have been getting creative for at least 2 years.

surv1v0r08 wrote:but GMC is an Architect rank perk, the HIGHEST non - staff rank there is! I think making GMC open to EVERYONE with a deep wallet is a no - go.
This is why it's so high. Since I've joined Nevermoric, Shatang, Croky1 and Ntr323 are the 4 non-staff to donate (Ntr323 was actually winning the votes for architect by a landslide when he donated). We're not simply handing out creative to rich kiddies. $200 is a LOT of money. To donate that much it clearly shows how dedicated you are to the server. Also, $50 donors get /i same as vets, but I dont see you making that point.

surv1v0r08 wrote:I know it's just a bit of fun, but don't you think people will be sick of Ghasts, Ender Dragons and Bats flying everywhere? Players will just roam around spawn and other popular locations like towns, and the shop world getting in the way of others! If M.D could be banned in 'Public hotspots' it would be much less of a hassle.
You make it sound like these things will be common. As I said above I only know 4 non-staff player who've donated $175 (Enough for ghast/dragon) and most are inactive. The disguises ATM are mostly staff having fun and trying out our new plugin, we're certainly not going to place limitations on players and start segregating donors from public places. HOWEVER, like all perks if the player abuses their commands, staff will punish them, but flying around as a bat isn't abuse.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/25/2013, 4:10 pm

Keep in mind donator privileges may be revoked just as they are given.
If people are found to abuse them and be a major pain in the neck, they'd be taken quickly. Just like rank-privilege abuse. Donator-subrank has many tiers, so it's similar to getting a demotion when perks are revoked. Donators must adhere to the same rules as each and every other player no matter how deep their wallet is. As far as I know, the perks are not given back until the player proves themself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down