The Grand Build Challenge! (like a server wide freaking amped up version of buildoff, no offense to buildoff that is)

+4
ButersBuild
jackOPSftw
mickdude2
Nevereat1
8 posters

Go down

The Grand Build Challenge! (like a server wide freaking amped up version of buildoff, no offense to buildoff that is) Empty The Grand Build Challenge! (like a server wide freaking amped up version of buildoff, no offense to buildoff that is)

Post by Nevereat1 7/14/2012, 8:23 pm

Every year, at a set date, The Grand Build Challenge begins!

Builders will have designated 50x50 plots which will be built at a distance away from the regular server.
There will be a warp that is only open for the actual build date.

Say the date is june 10, for three weeks people will come on, claim a plot, and build an epic creation to be judged on:

Good mixture of Blocks;
Stay to the same theme;
Creativity: not just a treehouse, but mabye a forest with bridges connecting multiple houses;
Original: doesn't steal ideas;
(insert idea here)

However, NO creative mode, NO spawning blocks, and NO WORLD EDIT!!!
You have all year to collect resources, so it is a true test of building skill and ability.

Reply with ideas and a possible confirmation by staff because I would love to help build the plot outlines and see what people would create.
Nevereat1
Nevereat1
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

The Grand Build Challenge! (like a server wide freaking amped up version of buildoff, no offense to buildoff that is) Empty Re: The Grand Build Challenge! (like a server wide freaking amped up version of buildoff, no offense to buildoff that is)

Post by mickdude2 7/14/2012, 8:58 pm

Couple things.
1) we don't have a map all year. it resets every update. So you cannot collect all year.
2)Why should we do this? We already have like three mini games going.
3) In your rule suggestion, you said that there should be no copying of anothers work. You, my friend, are in direct violation of you're own rule. This idea is completely copied off of Shatang's. There is nothing you changed, besides the plot size and the frequency. So, no, no one will do this when they can do the regular Build-off once a month, with a bigger plot.

Shame on you for obviously and blatantly copying another's idea!
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

The Grand Build Challenge! (like a server wide freaking amped up version of buildoff, no offense to buildoff that is) Empty Re: The Grand Build Challenge! (like a server wide freaking amped up version of buildoff, no offense to buildoff that is)

Post by jackOPSftw 7/14/2012, 9:00 pm

Yep this will not happen, like mickdude said, thats copying Shatang.
jackOPSftw
jackOPSftw
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ButersBuild 7/14/2012, 9:02 pm

lolololololol thanks mick i enjoyed that<3

The Grand Build Challenge! (like a server wide freaking amped up version of buildoff, no offense to buildoff that is) Bullshit_detector4
ButersBuild
ButersBuild
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kabooseman756 7/14/2012, 9:02 pm

mickdude2 wrote:Couple things.
1) we don't have a map all year. it resets every update. So you cannot collect all year.
2)Why should we do this? We already have like three mini games going.
3) In your rule suggestion, you said that there should be no copying of anothers work. You, my friend, are in direct violation of you're own rule. This idea is completely copied off of Shatang's. There is nothing you changed, besides the plot size and the frequency. So, no, no one will do this when they can do the regular Build-off once a month, with a bigger plot.

Shame on you for obviously and blatantly copying another's idea!
1)We could have a map all year... if there isnt a update for that long.
2) We have 2 Minigames so far. In 1.3 there will be 3, not including the ones that arent WS,GH, or Buildoff.
3)You're correct, fine sir.
That is all.
Kabooseman756
Kabooseman756
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ButersBuild 7/14/2012, 9:07 pm

Kabooseman756 wrote:

1)We could have a map all year... if there isnt a update for that long.
2) We have 2 Minigames so far. In 1.3 there will be 3, not including the ones that arent WS,GH, or Buildoff.
3)You're correct, fine sir.
That is all.

He never said we couldn't have one for a year. He was being logical and saying we wouldn't there will definitely be another update this year.
ButersBuild
ButersBuild
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 7/14/2012, 9:16 pm

The details don't matter. This is a stupid idea that was directly copied, so it will not be implemented.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Nevereat1 7/14/2012, 9:30 pm

I'm sorry that this was a copy of Shatang's work. I didn't know who he was and did not attempt to copy his work. I apologize directly to him and to those i have upset. The point of it was to have to know what resources you would need to gather. I didn't know that the server reset. I'm sorry.
Nevereat1
Nevereat1
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Nevereat1 7/14/2012, 9:33 pm

Crap i just realized Shatang was the guy who made Buildoff.

I read buildoff and thought that this would be different.
Im sorry, i screwed up and i can understand if you are mad
Nevereat1
Nevereat1
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/14/2012, 10:19 pm

I don't really care, I dunno about others but it's completely ok. We all screw up.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 7/15/2012, 12:07 am

Way to shit on his dreams, guys.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 7/15/2012, 12:14 am

Kevo235 wrote:Way to shit on his dreams, guys.

My dreams are constantly shitted on. Kid has to get used to it sometime. And no one cared when all my hopes and dreams were crushed...
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Krazo 7/15/2012, 12:53 am

The idea is good. But there was someone before you. If you would have had this idea earlyer it might have been chosen. You never know.
Krazo
Krazo
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 7/15/2012, 2:12 am

mickdude2 wrote:
Kevo235 wrote:Way to shit on his dreams, guys.

My dreams are constantly shitted on. Kid has to get used to it sometime. And no one cared when all my hopes and dreams were crushed...

QQ.

That's like saying 'oh someone griefed me.. guess it's okay to grief back!'
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 7/15/2012, 1:55 pm

Alright Kevo. I still think I'm right, but I won't argue. Just gonna walk away from this one.... gonna go talk to the voices in my head.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down