ExtraSauce
Nelseru
7 posters

Go down

Nelseru's Unban Apeal Empty Nelseru's Unban Apeal

Post by Nelseru 5/9/2012, 5:50 pm

Minecraft username: Nelseru

Mod/Admin who banned you: Davidmich Today at 2:25 pm

Reason you were banned: Griefed Matimuts' tower twice.

Reason you believe you should be unbanned: If you'r talking about the tower a few blocks south of the spawn then that tower already had holes in it to begin with so it looked abandoned other than that i don't remember any other tower that I have griefed. Also I know Mat on the server we have talked plenty of times and we are very agreeable with eachother so I am quite sure we can come up with and agreement. On another note i was also told, In Server, that this offense has been made a few days ago, as well, when I pressed the tab button Mat was nowhere logged on so how can an Administrator ban someone without a report form the player himself otherwise it leaves room for error.

Reason it took me so long to post this: Windows Update Forced Shutdown (nuff said)

Nelseru's Unban Apeal 57640110
Nelseru
Nelseru
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Nelseru's Unban Apeal Empty Re: Nelseru's Unban Apeal

Post by ExtraSauce 5/9/2012, 6:01 pm

Nelseru wrote:

Reason you believe you should be unbanned: If you'r talking about the tower a few blocks south of the spawn then that tower already had holes in it to begin with so it looked abandoned other than that i don't remember any other tower that I have griefed[/url]

That makes it griefable then. Yeah okay.

Gotta wait for staff aprovall, not sure about this post.
ExtraSauce
ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nelseru 5/9/2012, 6:19 pm

i can always pm mat and see about gitting a vouch form him
Nelseru
Nelseru
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 5/9/2012, 8:05 pm

Nelseru wrote:i can always pm mat and see about gitting a vouch form him

Well it really doesn't matter what Mati says. A grief is a grief, whether Mati is you're friend or not. My friend, who is no longer going on the server, has an all-gold house, should I be able to grief that?
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Nelseru 5/9/2012, 9:33 pm

We are talking about an abandoned tower i really hate it when people only read half of the message

I have seen towers half knocked down in this game should i not be able to take parts from them too or should I wate for the owner (who is probably never gonna log on) for permition, or what about a wooden house which there is only half of it left should i wate for that too. The fact of the matter is "When things show signs of decay, The vultures move in." And allot more people have taken parts form that tower than just me, of that i can assure you. And in no way is this message still referencing Mat, this is referencing any and all building I have looted in the past. And the fact I took....3 maybe 5 blocks from it dosen't seem to cross anyone mind.

If your not gonna read the full story than at least read this......I WAS BANNED ON A TECHNICALITY....IN NO WAY WAS I ATTEMPTING TO HARASS OR ABUSE ANY PLAYER IN THE GAME.

Last edited by Nelseru on 5/9/2012, 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : FULL MESSAGE WASENT GIVEN)
Nelseru
Nelseru
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by J8cob1 5/10/2012, 12:44 am

Ok. First of all, there is no "vultures" on this server. If a building is griefed, it is not right to grief it further IN ANY WAY (unless you get the staff approval first), even if it is shambles, if its not yours, don't touch it. As for the technicality ban, it does not seem smart to stand near a griefed tower that is not yours and take a couple of blocks in front of an admin. These admins on this server have a wonderful tool called "rollbacks". If a tower is griefed, they log who griefed it, and roll the damage back. If you grief it in front of them or hang out near a an obviously griefed building, you have to admit, it would look pretty suspicious. I am not quite sure what the whole abandoned house policy is, but here is a tip: ask staff first, if like in your case, it is not abandoned, you leave yourself open to these kinds of things, chances are, if you ask, someone will probably know what the object in question is.
J8cob1
J8cob1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nelseru 5/10/2012, 1:27 am

Finely some good advice thanks you are the first person not to just give me a lecture that i am a bad person but i don't see how there can be rules about stuff like that because its not stated in the server rules about abandoned buildings but i guess i pretty much halfto ask permition for everything on this server now adays that there should just be a page called "miss utility" or abandoned building that nobody has done anything with in the past week. But i have only been playing mine craft for a few months now but that is not really an excuse now, is it. I can't clam ignorance because it really was premeditated. and as far as griefing something further i can understand where you are coming from, just because a problem is bad i shouldn't have maid it worse. But what i really don't understand why i got such a harsh punishment for such a small infraction.

"b. Consequences for Griefing:
If you are caught griefing, or evidence has been submitted proving you have griefed,
you may be banned for a period of time as determined by the staff. If your griefing is on
a larger scale, it is likely that you may receive a permanent ban. If it is on a smaller scale,
your ban time can last anywhere from a few hours up to one week
."[/b}

I was banned permanently for removing barely 5 blocks

Also in the event i never get un permabanned this rule still needs to be followed

"g. Crimes Unspecified by Rules
In the event a player is found to have committed an action deemed to be worthy of punishment but is not a technical violation of the server rules a warning shall be issued for this first offense. See section a. kicking/banning for further info. In addition to the warning staff will be required to amend the rules within a reasonable amount of time to reflect this previously unknown illegal action.

In the event staff discover a new player right as a result of consensus or the resolution of player disputes the server rules must be amended within a reasonable amount of time to reflect this discovery to ensure equality amongst the player population. "

Last edited by Nelseru on 5/10/2012, 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : FULL MESSAGE WASENT GIVEN)
Nelseru
Nelseru
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by InitialBN 5/10/2012, 1:54 am

Honestly, I thought you should have been unbanned from the start. If what you're saying is true, you shouldn't be punished this harshly for a measly 5 blocks, and it is obvious that you have learned your lesson. Anyway, it isn't up to me, but it is up to Davidmich. David, think this through.

InitialBN
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Davidmich 5/10/2012, 4:29 am

First of all, it doesn't matter if you grief/steal one block, or one million blocks, if it does not belong to you, it is griefing! Mati has not disclosed any information to me, or any other staff member that his tower is abandoned. Twice I used LogBlock, and twice your name came up on screen. You told me after the first incident you would replace all the blocks you stole, and all the glass you broke, but you didn't, and I rolled it back later that day. Second incident yesterday tells me that you just assume any disheveled building is good pickings for mats, or you don't give a damn about our rules. I really don't think it's the latter, because for the most part, you're a good player.

So... I am only banning you for a week, and if I logblock any griefs & get your name, or find any more banned items in your inventory, you will be permanently banned!

See ya next Friday.

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 5/10/2012, 2:54 pm

I propose that the ban be for less time. I say unban him on Saturday at 12:00am EST as a first warning. Griefing IS griefing, but due to the circumstances I think that the punishment outweighs the crime exponentially.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/10/2012, 7:12 pm

I am a little donator to the staff but If I ever have to break ones block, I Put it back, You shouldn't grief ANYTHING even if its already griefed, Because thats just making it worse, If I broke the "5 blocks"I would Put them back But im not you. But i do believe it was kinda harsh, You shouldnt have greifed, I would Through all the stuff you stole away, or better... put it back, its probably rolled back by now so useless

Back to top Go down

Post by Nelseru 5/10/2012, 10:28 pm

nice to know there are still people in this world who cant read
Nelseru
Nelseru
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 5/10/2012, 10:36 pm

Nelseru wrote:nice to know there are still people in this world who cant read

Insulting the people numerously does not help your case. I'm changing my propsosal to 12:00am on Sunday. Keep it up and it'll be worse.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Davidmich 5/12/2012, 1:58 am

Nelseru, If I were you, I would stop posting anything else on this topic.

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/12/2012, 2:01 pm

Hey Nelsuru,

Ofcourser i'm not happy that you griefed my tower. Never do it again! However, it's been griefed thousands time. Well, when i saw you on the server, you were a nice guy. You also donate to OasisSMP.
I'll give u a VOUCH for stay, however, never do it again ok?
Oh, Try to be nice on the forums !!!, we all try to help u. Also the staff who banned you. If you do nice, the chance of unban will be bigger.

greezt and good luck,

MatiMuts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Davidmich 5/18/2012, 8:06 pm

Nelseru, your ban has been lifted. have fun, and obey our rules!

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down